Welcome at the Rainbow Bridge
Fra : Susanne

Dato : 22-09-01 08:51

Fik tilsendt denne fra en amerikansk mailingliste. Man er nok ikke i tvivl
om at den er amerikansk, men den kan nu godt varme mit hjerte lidt i en
ellers trist tid.
Susanne

WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE
by AlexanderTheodore, Bouvier, Fourth Year Resident

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount
of activity at the Rainbow Bridge. Decisions had to be made. They had to
be made quickly. And, they were.

An issue, not often addressed here, is the fact that many residents
really have no loved one for whom to wait. Think of the pups who lived
and died in hideous puppy mills. No one on earth loved or protected them.
What
about the many who spent unhappy lives tied in backyards? And, the ones
who
were abused. Who are they to wait for?
We don't talk about that much up here. We share our loved ones as they
arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having
your very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the
Heavens.

Last Tuesday morning a request rang out for pups not waiting for specific
persons to volunteer for special assignment.. An eager, curious crowd
surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would
be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over
6,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All the
pups,as all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own hearts.
Without
hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I have one to
comfort?"

"I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have been saving kisses
forever."

One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One
cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children coming?
would be
very comforting for a child 'cause I'm soft and squishy and I always
wanted
be hugged." A group of Dalmatians came forward asking to meet the
Firemen
and be their friends. The larger working breeds offered to greet the
Police Officers and make them feel at home. Little dogs volunteered to do
what
they do best, cuddle and kiss.

Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped
forward and said, "I will love any human who needs love."

Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to
the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share -
each tail wagging an American Flag.

Fra : coppi

Dato : 28-09-01 05:40

Hej Susanne.