Fandt lige dette citat
Fra : Tomas O.

Dato : 15-08-01 15:55

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know
what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your
heart's longing."

"It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money
you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of
grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what
needs to be done for the children."

"It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have
studied. I want do know what sustains you from the middle when
all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with
yourself, and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty
moments."

--Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Fra : Peter Knutsen

Dato : 15-08-01 19:28

"Tomas O." wrote:
[...]

Jeg er netop gået i gang med at læse "Broca's Brain", og har allerede
fundet to citater der, hvis man virkelig anstrenger sig, har relevans
for dels de diskussioner som vi har kørende nu, og også for den debat
der har kørt gennem de sidste 2-3 år.

"The well-meaning contention that all ideas have equal merit seems to me
little different from the disastrous contention that no ideas have any
merit" (Broca's Brain, xv)

"The question raises nagging uncertainties about which of the
conventional truths of our own age will be considered unforgivable
bigotry by the next" (Broca's Brain, 12)

--
Peter Knutsen