Svindende støtte til kamp mod Gaza-blokade
Fra : /John

Dato : 21-06-10 00:03

Hamas-vennerne bakker ud.

"Beirut is close to abandoning the Lebanese convoy, Damascus has turned away
requests to use its ports, Cyprus is negative and even the Iranian
expedition appears snarled. Israel has in the last 24 hours won US and
European support for its sea blockade. It was endorsed also by Palestinian
Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas"

Men noget for noget.

"The formula drafted and approved by Israel's security cabinet permitted all
civilian goods to reach Gaza, banned military, dual-use materials and
weapons, and left the sea blockade in place"

Hamas, hvis primære mål er Israels udslettelse, er naturligvis rasende.

Hele det fint opsatte propaganda-felttog ligger nu i ruiner.

"Hamas leader Mahmoud A Zahar ... declared Sunday, June 20 that it was time
for Qassam missiles to be launched against Israel from the West Bank as well
as Gaza":
http://www.debka.com/article/8865/

John

Fra : .

Dato : 20-06-10 17:25

On 21 Jun., 01:02, "/John" <no...@pladderballe.ok> wrote:
> Hamas-vennerne bakker ud.
>
> "Beirut is close to abandoning the Lebanese convoy, Damascus has turned away
> requests to use its ports, Cyprus is negative and even the Iranian
> expedition appears snarled. Israel has in the last 24 hours won US and
> European support for its sea blockade. It was endorsed also by Palestinian
> Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas"

Israel har direkete truet med ballade, såfremt der sendes konvojer fra
Libanon og Iran.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said attempts by
Lebanese and Iranian activists to break the blockade of Gaza “would be
seen not just as a provocation and a breach of law, but as a hostile
act because the ships and their cargo are from enemy states.”

Du kan evt.læse den tråd jeg netop har sat ind; Israel Warns Lebanese,
Iranian Activists against Sending Ships to Gaza.

"Thaer Ghandour of the Journalists Without Limits said the ship —
carrying 50 journalists and 25 European activists including European
MPs, will leave Beirut port this week"

Hvis Israel er parate til at dræbe civile på et andet lands fartøjer i
internationalt farvand, så må guderne vide, hvad regeringen kan kan
finde på at gøre, når de betragter oprindelseslandet som en fjende -

> Men noget for noget.
>
> "The formula drafted and approved by Israel's security cabinet permitted all
> civilian goods to reach Gaza, banned military, dual-use materials and
> weapons, and left the sea blockade in place"
>
> Hamas, hvis primære mål er Israels udslettelse, er naturligvis rasende.

Hamas primære mål er ikke Israels udslettelse. Du har ikke styr på
dine facts. Som så ofte før -

> Hele det fint opsatte propaganda-felttog ligger nu i ruiner.

Nope - blokaden er lettet. Dertil - http://savegaza.eu/eng/index.php?id=434

Preparation is already well underway for an even larger “Freedom
Flotilla Two” to be launched in the coming weeks. The new flotilla
will travel to Gaza again in matter of weeks. Statements by the EU,
the UN and others have made it imperative that Israel obey
international law and lift the blockade. For example, US Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton has stated that the siege is “unsustainable and
unacceptable.” While Israel does have genuine security concerns, this
does not allow it to break international law.

Contrary to Israeli spin-doctors, we want to emphasise that both the
current and future flotillas are humanitarian and comprised of
civilians working with other civilians, without support for specific
Palestinian political parties. The humanitarian aid flotillas will
continue to be sent until the siege on Gaza is lifted. We expect the
international community to turn their strong words about the need to
lift the siege on Gaza into concrete action. If governments don’t step
up to insist that Israel abide by international law, civilians will
continue to do the work.

Members of the media who wish to be onboard the “Freedom Flotilla Too”
should contact the people below.

###ENDS###

Notes:

1-The European Campaign to End the Siege on Gaza (ECESG) is an
umbrella group of 34 European human rights and humanitarian
organisations who have come together to collectively pressure the
international community and Israel to end the siege on Gaza’s civilian
population.

2-The “Freedom Flotilla” comprised boats from the European Campaign to
End the Siege on Gaza (ECESG), Free Gaza Movement (FG), Insani Yardim
Vakfi (IHH), Ship to Gaza Greece, Ship to Gaza Sweden, and the
International Committee to Lift the Siege on Gaza

3-At present, MV Rachel Corrie is route to Gaza and due to dock there
in the next days. The MV Rachel Corrie is carrying humanitarian
supplies including medical equipment, wheelchairs, school supplies and
cement. Onboard the boat is a mix of Malaysians and Irish civilians,
including noble prize winner Mairead Corrigan-Maguire. The Irish Prime
Minister (Taoiseach) Brian Cowen has stated that “it is clear that
this incident took place in international waters” and “If any harm
comes to any of our citizens it will have the most serious
consequences.”

For further information contact:

Greta Berlin

Free Gaza Movement
Tel: +35799187275

Rory Byrne
European Campaign to End the Siege on Gaza

Mobile (1): +44 (0)7980489841
Mobile (2): +263914401476
Tel: +44 (0)2086218000
Email: info@savegaza.eu

Dr. Arafat Shoukri
European Campaign to End the Siege on Gaza

Mobile: +44 (0)7908200559
Tel: +44 (0)2086218000
Email: arafat@savegaza.eu