USA-filosofi er ung men god
Fra : Bo Warming

Dato : 15-05-10 01:11

R. W.Emerson (1803-1882)American Poet and Essayist
Næst efter ophavsmanden til et godt citat, kommer den der citerer det
først. Emerson
Beløningen for noget, der er gjort godt, er at have gjort det.
R.W.Emerson
Ha   Anger is that powerful internal force that blows out the light
of reason. R.W.Emerson
Sø   Be and not seem R.W.Emerson
Kro   Menneskets øjne afslører lige så meget som menneskets tale,
men med den fordel, at øjets sprog er universelt og ikke forudsætter
brugen af en ordbog. R.W.Emerson
Uf   Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life
is an experiment R.W.Emerson
Con   Conversation is an art in which man has all mankind for
competitors. R.W.Emerson
Yt   Every burned book enlightens the world R.W.Emerson
Vn   God evidently does not intend us all to be rich, or powerful,
or great, but He does intend us all to be friends. R.W.Emerson
Kå   It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no
man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself
R.W.Emerson
Or   Language is a city to the building of which every human being
brought a stone R.W.Emerson
Or   Language is a city to the building of which every human being
brought a stone R.W.Emerson
Den, som indtager forreste plads, spiller sjældent hovedrollen Goethe
Pg   Penge koster ofte for meget R.W.Emerson
Fs   Menneskers samtale er en blanding af beklagelser og bange
anelser. R.W.Emerson
Or   Det er ren luksus at blive forstået R.W.Emerson
Vi citerer alle, af nød, af tilbøjelighed, af glæde derved.
R.W.Emerson
Vi har en ondskab i os, der kan få det til at isne. Emerson.
Livet er et tilbud til det enkelte menneske, stol på dig selv byg din
egen verden, lyt til din indre stemme. Emerson
A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may
think aloud.' Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
A cynic can chill and dishearten with a single word.Emerson
A good indignation brings out all one's powers.Ralph Waldo Emerson
A great part of courage is the courage of having done the thing the
thing before.Emerson
A man of no conversation should smoke. Emerson
A man's library is a sort of harem.Emerson
A man's wife has more power over him than the state has.Emerson
A person seldom falls sick, but the bystanders are animated with a
faint hope that he will die. Ralph Waldo Emerson
A woman's strength is the unresistible might of weakness. Emerson
After thirty, a man wakes up sad every morning, excepting perhaps five
or six, until the day of his death.Emerson
All necessary truth is its own evidence. Emerson
All the religion we have is the ethics of one or another holy
person.Ralph Waldo Emerson
As every man is hunted by his own dæmon, vexed by his own disease,
this checks all h is activity.Emerson
As many languages as he has, as many fiends, as many arts and trades,
so many times is he a man.Emerson
As soon as a child has left the room his strewn toys become
affecting.Emerson
As we are, so we do; and as we do, so is it done to us; we are the
builders of our fortunes. Emerson
At fylde tiden - det er lykkenRalph W. Emerson
At tro at vi foretager os noget, når vi intet foretager os, er den
første illusion, tobakken skænker os.Ralph W. Emerson
Away with this hurrah of masses, and let us have the considerate vote
of single men.Emerson
Conformity is the ape of harmony.Emerson
Crime and punishment grow out of one stem.Emerson
Den bedste overenskomst, man kan træffe med et andet menneske, er:
'Der skal i al fremtid være sandhed imellem os'. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Der er revne i alt, hvad Gud har skabt. Emerson
Every man contemplates an angel in his future self.Emerson
Every reform is only a mask under cover of which a more terrible
reform, which dares not yet name itself, advances.Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fine manners need the support of fine manners in others.Emerson
For no man can write anything who does not think that what he writes
is, for the time, the history of the world.Emerson (1803-1882)American
Poet and Essayist
Gør hvad du frygter og din frygt vil dø. Emerson
Helten er en, der er tapper fem minutter længere end den jævne
mand.Emerson
I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.Emerson
I wish to say what I think and feel today, with the proviso that
tomorrow perhaps I shall contradict it all.Emerson
If a man write a better book, preach a better sermon, or make a better
mousetrap than his neighbour, though' he build his house in the woods,
the world will make a beaten path to his door. Ralph Waldo Emerson
If we meet no gods, it is because we harbor none. If there is
grandeur in you, you will find grandeur in porters and sweeps. Emerson
In skating over thin ice our safety is in our speed.Emerson
Intellect annuls fate. So far as a man thinks, he is free.Ralph Waldo
Emerson
It is a happy talent to know how to play.Emerson
Language is a city to the building of which every human being brought
a stone.Emerson
AS MANY LANGUAGES AS HE HAS, AS MANY FRIENDS, AS MANY ARTS AND TRADE,
so many times is he a man. EMERSON.
Life consists in what a man is thinking all day.Ralph Waldo Emerson
Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Manners make the fortune of the ambitious youth.Emerson
Men are what their mothers made them.Ralph Waldo Emerson
Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science. Ralph Waldo
Emerson
Mennesker er,hvad deres mødre gjorde dem tilRalph W.Emerson
Most of the great results in history are brought about by
discreditable means.Emerson
My own mind is the direct revelation which I have from God and far
least liable to mistake in telling his will of any revelationEmerson
Nature forever puts a premium on reality. What is done for effect is
seen to be done for effect, what is done for love is felt to be done
for love. A man inspires affection and honour, because he was not
lying in wait for these. Emerson
No sane person has ever given an apology.Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. Emerson
Only an inventor knows how to borrow, and every man is or should be an
inventor.Emerson (1803-1882)American Poet and Essayist
Only that mind draws me which I can not read.Emerson
Outside, among your fellows, among strangers, you must preserve
appearances, a hundred things you cannot do; but inside, the terrible
freedom!Emerson
People who know how to act are never preachers.Emerson
Sans for humor er et sympati-bindeled med andre mennesker.Ralph Waldo
Emerson
Shallow men believe in luck, wise and strong men in cause and
effect.Emerson Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)American Poet and
Essayist
Skønhed kan føles. Den kan frembringes. Men den kan ikke
forklares.Ralph W. Emerson
"Speak what you think today in words as hard as canon balls, and
tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it
contradict every thing you said today.Emerson    Sig hvis du tænker
idag med ord så hårde som kanonkugler og sig imorgen hvad imorgen
tænker med hårde ord igen, også selvom det modsiger hvad du sagde
idag. Ralph W Emerson, Amerikansk filosof 1803-1882
Take egotism out, and you would castrate the benefactors.Ralph Waldo
Emerson
The best university that can be recommended to a man of ideas is the
gauntlet of the mob. Emerson
The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.Ralph Waldo
Emerson
The finest people marry the two sexes in their own person.Emerson
The meaning of good and bad, of better and worse, is simply helping or
hurting. Emerson
The multitude of the sick shall not make us deny the existence of
health. Emerson
The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is
to be one. Ralph Waldo Emerson
The secret of education is respecting the pupil.Ralph Waldo Emerson
The spirit of the world, the great calm presence of the creator, comes
not forth to the sorceries of opium or ofwine    .Emerson

The State is our neighbours, our neighbours are the State.Emerson
There are some men above grief and some men below it. Emerson
There is always a best way of doing everything, if it be to boil an
egg.Emerson
There never was child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him
asleep.Emerson
Trust men and they will be true to you, treat them greatly and they
will show themselves great. Emerson
Uden begejstring er aldrig blevet opnået noget stort.Ralph Waldo
Emerson
   Vi har en evne til dyd i os, og vi har en evene til last, der
får de til at isne i en
Ralph Waldo Emerson
War educates the senses, calls into action the will, perfects the
physical constitution, brings men into such swift and close collision
in critical moments that man measures man. Krig skærper sanserne,
skaber viljekraft og fuldender kroppen, og fører mænd ind i rappe og
tætte sammenstød som viser mænds værd. Emerson
We all wish to be of importance in one way or another. The child
coughs with might and main, since it has no other claim on the
company.Emerson
Weed - a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.Ralph Waldo
Emerson
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared
to what lies within us.'Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Wherever we go, whatever we do, self is the sole subject we study and
learn. Emerson
Women, as most susceptible, are the best index of the coming
our.Emerson
For digteren og vismanden er alle ting som
"venner og indviede" -
alle oplevelser er nyttige,
alle dage er hellige, alle mennesker er guddommelige.
sådan skrev den amerikanske filosof Ralph Waldo Emerson
Who makes or keep the Jew or the Negro base? Who but you, who exclude
them from the rights which other enjoy. Emerson
Everybody supposes himself not to be fully understood or appreciated.
Emerson
Den eneste sikre regel der findes i den selvregulerende måler
EFTERSPØRGSEL OG UDBUD Lad være med at udstede love
Lad være med at udstede love. Du dræber arbejdslysten med unødvendige
påbudLad være med at give præmier. Giv love der er lige for alle.
Betryg liv og ejendom og du vil ikke behøve give almisser. Luk
dørene op for udfoldelsemulighederne for talent og retsskaffenhed og
de skal nok vide at hævde sig og ejendom vil ikke havne i dårlige
hånder, I et frit og retfærdigt samfiund skyller ejendom fra den dovne
og den imbecile til den flittige, modige og ihærdige. Emerson