RACING TOWARD ARMAGEDDON: U.S. WAR-MONGERS~
Fra : Whileyouslept

Dato : 09-05-08 09:42

DETERMINED TO ATTACK IRAN BEFORE THE BUSH ERA ENDS: ‘Neocons And The
Truth: Bitter Enemies To The End’

Neocons And The Truth: Bitter Enemies To The End

By Glenn Greenwald
Salon.com
8 May, 2008.

In a July, 2006 article in Rolling Stone — entitled “Iran: The Next
War” — the superb journalist James Bamford detailed the shady
activities of numerous neoconservatives inside and out of the U.S.
Government to plan an attack on Iran. Bamford focused on the role
played by Michael Ledeen of the American Enterprise Institute and
National Review, who created and began implementing an attack scheme
in coordination with the Pentagon’s then number-three official, Doug
Feith, and Feith’s deputy, Larry Franklin (subsequently convicted of
felonies for passing classified information to AIPAC).

A couple weeks after Bamford’s exposè was published, National Review
enlisted former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy and talk show host
Mark Levin jointly to author a defense of Ledeen and, more
importantly, to savage Bamford for writing what they claimed was a
pack of lies. The McCarthy/Levin article was entitled “Rolling Smear,”
sub-headlined “James Bamford writes a fiction about our Michael
Ledeen,” and accused Bamford of being “the latest in a growing crowd
of hacks to smear our friend Michael Ledeen.”

McCarthy and Levin specifically attacked Bamford’s disclosure that
Ledeen “had arranged a covert meeting in Rome with a group of Iranians
[and Feith’s team] to discuss their clandestine help” in attacking
Iran. Said McCarthy and Levin:

“Bamford, to the contrary, wants to turn the meeting into a nefarious
plot by Ledeen and the neocons to push the nation into war with Iran.
Yet, anyone even vaguely familiar with Michael’s work knows that he
has opposed military action against Iran — notwithstanding that he was
years ahead of most experts in accurately portraying Iran’s role as
the terror master at the center of the jihadist network.”

So Bamford’s claim was “embarrassing” because “anyone even vaguely
familiar with Michael’s work knows that he has opposed military action
against Iran.” Got that?

Here’s Ledeen yesterday, writing in National Review’s Corner (h/t
sysporg):

“Time to Attack Iranian Terror Camps? [Michael Ledeen]
So says John Bolton, and he’s right. As you know, I have been
proposing this for years. I always thought it was only a matter of
time before we were compelled to take this action, which is a
legitimate form of self-defense. And while we’re at it, we should do
the same thing to the Syrian camps as well. It isn’t “sending a
message,” it’s acting to protect our guys by fighting back in the
proxy war the mullahs have been waging since 1979. Faster, please?”

More amazingly, a mere two weeks before McCarthy and Levin wrote that
“anyone even vaguely familiar with Michael’s work knows that he has
opposed military action against Iran,” Ledeen himself wrote at The
Corner that “I would insist that my soldiers have the right of ‘hot
pursuit’ into Iran and Syria, and I would order my armed forces to
attack the terrorist training camps in those countries.”

In late 2006, I wrote about virtually identical deceit from this same
group, that time with regard to Iraq. On National Review in December
of 2006, Ledeen — just as the Beltway establishment was finally
turning against the war in Iraq and in the wake of a lengthy Vanity
Fair article identifying the neocons who were to blame — claimed: “I
opposed the military invasion of Iraq before it took place.”

In fact, Ledeen, throughout 2002 and 2003, had repeatedly and
explicitly urged the invasion of Iraq in countless venues, including:
The Wall St. Journal’s Op-Ed Page (”If we come to Baghdad, Damascus
and Tehran as liberators, we can expect overwhelming popular
support”); in an interview with David Horowitz’s Front Page (”Question
#2: Okay, well if we are all so certain about the dire need to invade
Iraq, then when do we do so? Ledeen: Yesterday.”); on MSNBC’s Hardball
with Chris Matthews (”if President Bush is to be faulted for anything
in this so far, it’s that he’s taken much too long to get on with it,
much too long”); and in National Review (calling for “the desperately-
needed and long overdue war against Saddam Hussein and the rest of the
terror masters”).

That war-cheerleading neoconservatives of this strain are completely
unbound by the truth is not news. Obviously, the war they unleashed in
Iraq is the most compelling proof of that. But sometimes when the
lying is so blatant, one can’t help but note it.

The same is true for the complete lack of accountability. Ledeen is a
so-called “Freedom Scholar” at the revered and widely-cited American
Enterprise Institute and a Contributing Editor at National Review. An
intense email campaign over his Iraq comments to AEI and National
Review’s Editor Rich Lowry demanding a retraction or some comment from
them on Ledeen’s blatant falsehoods over his Iraq stance was simply
ignored, as will be this episode concerning the article by McCarthy
and Levin smearing Bamford due to Ledeen’s alleged opposition to
attacking Iran.

This isn’t just a matter of documenting guilt with regard to what
happened with Iraq. The Washington Post’s David Ignatius today became
just the latest establishment spokesman to warn (or celebrate) that
“judging from recent statements by administration officials, there is
also a small, but growing, chance of conflict with Iran.”

The neoconservative war-lovers behind this effort have not changed,
nor have their tactics. They realize, as many of them acknowledge,
that they will have four more years in power if John McCain is
elected. But they also realize that he may not be, and that their last
hope for their long-desired attack on Iran lies in convincing the
current administration to provoke one before its tenure ends. As much
as one wishes it weren’t true, as much as the fixation on petty
election issues might obscure it, the truly depraved extremist group
that brought us the invasion of Iraq still exerts substantial
influence and is quite busy trying to exert it.

UPDATE: It isn’t just the American neocons, but also the Israelis, who
are escalating the “Attack Iran” campaign. The Jerusalem Post
yesterday “reported” that “with Iran racing forward with its nuclear
program, Israel now believes the Islamic Republic will master
centrifuge technology and be able to begin enriching uranium on a
military scale this year” (h/t quick strategy) and:

“The new assessment moves up Israel’s forecasts on Teheran’s nuclear
program by almost a full year — from 2009 to the end of 2008.
According to the new timeline, Iran could have a nuclear weapon by the
middle of next year.”

According to several commenters, the Israeli Ambassador to the U.S.
was on Fox News this morning making the same fear-mongering claim.

The principal tactic Israel-centric neocons have repeatedly used with
Bush to induce him to attack Iran has been to tell him that history
will judge him based on whether he permits Iran to obtain a nuclear
weapon. From The Weekly Standard’s Irwin Stelzer, writing about a 2007
White House luncheon with Bush, historian Andrew Roberts, and a group
of necons:

“The closing note was a more serious one. Roberts said that history
would judge the president on whether he had prevented the
nuclearization of the Middle East. If Iran gets the bomb, Saudi
Arabia, Egypt, and other countries will follow. “That is why I am so
pleased to be sitting here rather than in your chair, Mr. President.”
There was no response, other than a serious frown and a nod.”

Norman Podhoretz, when telling the President to bomb Iran, used the
same tactic:

“ “I urged Bush to take action against the Iranian nuclear facilities
and explained why I thought there was no alternative,” said Podhoretz,
77, in an interview with The Sunday Times. . . .

He also told Bush: “You have the awesome responsibility to prevent
another holocaust. You’re the only one with the guts to do
it.” . . . .

“The president has said several times that he will be in the
historical dock if he allows Iran to get the bomb. He believes that if
we wait for threats to fully materialise, we’ll have waited too long —
something I agree with 100%,’ Podhoretz said.”

And now, magically up pops these new reports from Israel warning that
the deadline to stop Iran’s nuclear bomb is the end of the year —
right before George Bush leaves office. Bush has less than eight
months left to fulfill his history-mandated mission “to prevent
another holocaust” by attacking Iran, or else “be in the historical
dock if he allows Iran to get the bomb.” They’re as transparent as
they are dishonest and bloodthirsty.

(Glenn Greenwald was previously a constitutional law and civil rights
litigator in New York. He is the author of the New York Times
Bestselling book “How Would a Patriot Act?,” a critique of the Bush
administration’s use of executive power, released in May 2006. His
second book, “A Tragic Legacy“, examines the Bush legacy.)

© Salon.com

SOURCE: http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/05/08/ledeen/index.html

In case you missed these recent news reports…

A DARK OMEN OF WAR? ‘U.S. Prophesizes Iran Striking Back - U.S. State
Department official Thomas Shannon hints at a war on Iran, saying
Tehran may use South America as a springboard for retaliation’

U.S. Prophesizes Iran Striking Back

PressTV, Iran,
7 May, 2008.

US State Department official Thomas Shannon hints at a war on Iran,
saying Tehran may use South America as a springboard for retaliation.

In a Wednesday conference, Shannon opined that the Islamic Republic is
likely to use Latin America to launch retaliatory strikes against the
United States in the event of a US military attack on the country.

"It's a way to push back on us… Our broader concern is that it
maintains that capacity in the Americas as a threat against us in the
event of any conflict," claimed Shannon.

He then renewed accusations of Tehran masterminding the 1990 bombings
in Buenos Aires.

"As we urge countries to respect UN-based sanctions, we also remind
them about AMIA, we remind them about the Israeli embassy bombings,"
Shannon said in support of US plans against Iran made at the United
Nations Security Council.

The accusations are believed to be in line with a new propaganda
campaign launched by the White House to portray Iran as a threat, thus
preparing the international community for a war against Iran.

Political analysts say these remarks are reminiscent of the
developments prior to the Iraq war and that since 'Washington and
allies' have failed to gain full-throated support against Iran over
its nuclear program, they are shifting their focus onto creating the
impression of an Iranian threat to world peace.

SOURCE: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=54690§ionid=351020101

- o O o -

U.S. WAR-HAWKS GATHER IN SECRET TO PLOT THEIR NEXT WAR CRIME: ‘Report:
U.S. Convenes On Iran War Scenario’ – ‘Bolton: Attack Iran To Win In
Iraq’

Report: U.S. Convenes On Iran War Scenario

PressTV, Iran,

High-ranking US officials have reportedly held a special meeting to
study options for a military strike against the Islamic Republic.

The secret meeting was reportedly held on Tuesday either at the White
House or at the US Department of Defense.

meeting, Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said he would not disclose
any details.

Morrell said White House officials frequently hold sessions to discuss
issues related to Iran. He, however, refused to reveal the details of
Tuesday's meeting, informed sources told Press TV.

When asked about the secret meeting, State Department spokesman Sean
McCormack declined to comment and referred reporters to the US
Department of Defense.

The Pentagon spokesman claimed in an address to reporters that
Washington was seeking to fight the fatal interference of the Iranian
government in Iraq and went on to say that the US had 'conclusive
evidence of Tehran's support for Iraq insurgency'.

Morrell also accused Tehran of double standard policies claiming that
while the Islamic Republic claims it supports the Iraqi government, it
funnels arms to those who destabilize the administration.

Washington continues to accuse Iran of supplying and training Iraqi
militants; however, it has so far failed to provide 'smoking gun
evidence' for its allegations.

Iran categorically denies such allegations, asserting that the country
has vowed to help Iraq restore security and stability in the war-torn
country.

Although US officials have recently rejected the possibility of an
imminent attack on Iran, many critics inside and outside the US
government harbor serious doubts about the Bush administration's
claims and fear that despite the relentless war in neighboring Iraq,
it is preparing for a war on Iran.

SOURCE: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=54656§ionid=351020101

- o O o -

Bolton: Attack Iran To Win In Iraq

PressTV, Iran,
7 May, 2008.

Former top US diplomat John Bolton calls for military strikes on Iran,
claiming they will serve as a major step toward a victory in Iraq.

The former American ambassador to the UN told Fox News that while
there is a risk of a hostile Iranian response - in case of a US strike
on Iran -, Washington would be in more trouble than it already is in
if no action is taken against Tehran.

Bolton's remarks come at a time when the White House is making a fresh
stream of allegations regarding 'Iran's influence in Iraq'.

US military spokesman Col. Donald Bacon accused Tehran on Monday of
aiding Lebanon's Hezbollah Movement by providing them training grounds
for Iraqi insurgents near the Iranian capitol.

"We have captured other Iraqis who have discussed their training in
Iran and who state many of their instructors were Lebanese Hezbollah,"
the Associated Press had quoted Bacon as saying.

"[It] is really the most prudent thing to do," Bolton responded.

"This is a case where the use of military force against a training
camp to show the Iranians we're not going to tolerate [their
actions]."

"Then the ball would be in Iran's court to draw the appropriate lesson
to stop harming our troops," added Bolton who is an influential member
of President George W. Bush's inner circle.

While the Bush administration has failed to provide concrete proof for
accusations that Tehran fuels violence in Iraq, top US officials and
well-known politicians refuse to refrained from threatening Iran in
what is seen as preparing the American public for another US war in
the oil-rich Middle East.

SOURCE: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=54658§ionid=351020101

(These news items are posted under ‘Fair Use’ provisions).

- o O o -

‘Is War With Iran Imminent?’- Justin Raimondo
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12755

‘The Iraq War Morphs Into The Iranian War’

'Israel Preparing To Bomb Iran Nuclear Sites'
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=53558§ionid=351020104

'Joint Chiefs Chairman Says U.S. Preparing Military Options Against
Iran'
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/25/AR2008042501480_pf.html

‘FEMA To Help Run 8-Day Disaster And Terror Drill Covering U.S. (And
Canada Command) In May’ http://www.roguegovernment.com/news.php?id=8679

See Also:

'Was April 20th The Original Date Of The Planned U.S. 'Air Strike' On
Iran?' http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/IRANPLAN.HTM

'Is A U.S./Israeli Air Strike On Iran Drawing Steadily Closer?' (News
Updates) http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/IRANWAR.HTM

- o O o –

'Bush Was Prepared To Go Nuclear: Afghanistan Was To Have Been A NWO
Object Lesson!’ http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/NUCLEAR.HTM.

‘The Plan For Three World Wars’
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/3WARS.HTM

Elitist Blueprint For World Government Revealed
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2008/050108_elitist_blueprint...

'Astounding Quotes From The Political And Financial Elite On The
Planned New World Order' http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/TRAGEDY.HTM

Archived ‘New World Order Intelligence Update’ Articles on the ‘New
World Order’
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/sect22.htm

The Elite’s Secretive Plan For A ‘North American Union’
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/NAU1.HTM
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/NAU2.HTM
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/NAU3.HTM

'The 1935 U.S. War Plan For The Invasion Of Canada'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/USINVASN.HTM

'Canadian Troops To Police U.S. Cities During Martial Law;
U.S. Troops To Seize Strategic James Bay Hydro Plant If Quebec
Separates?'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/CANTROOP.HTM

'The Grand Canal - The Elite's Continent-Reshaping, Climate-Altering
Water-Diversion Plan Will Turn Canadian Water Into 'Liquid Gold' From
James Bay To Mexico!'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/grand.htm

The Elite’s “Newstates’ Constitution For The Coming ‘United States Of
North America’
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/NEWSTATE.HTM

For related reports, see:
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/quebec.htm
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/drum.htm
________________________

Bankrupt U.S.A. Covets Iran’s Oil….

http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/MELTDWN1.HTM
'Sorting Through The Rubble In Post-Bubble America'

http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/MELTDOWN.HTM
'The Coming U.S. Economic and Financial Meltdown'

http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/MELTDWN2.HTM
'The U.S. Economic and Financial Meltdown Accelerates'

http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/MELTDWN3.HTM
'No End In Sight As U.S. Financial Crisis Deepens'

'Global Starvation - Coming Soon To Europe And North America, Too?'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/FOODLOSS.HTM

'The Coming Great Food Shortages In America' by Texe Marrs
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/TEXMARRS.HTM

…And the likely response to an economic or financial crisis by ‘El
Presidente’ Bush?

George W. Bush: Constitution of the United States is just a "goddamned
piece of paper."
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_8534.shtml

'General Tommy Franks Says U.S. Constitution May Not Survive, Sees
Possible Military Form Of Government In The United States'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/FRANKS.HTM

'Concentration Camps in America? Martial Law Civilian Detention
Centers?'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/CONCAMP.HTM

'Astonishing 1987 ‘Miami Herald’ News Report Reveals Existence Of A
'Secret Government', Plus Plans To Suspend Constitution, Impose
Martial Law, And Activate Civilian Detention Centers'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/CONCAMP2.HTM

U.S. Congressman: American Concentration Camps "On The Books”
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/CONCAMP3.HTM

'More Preparations For U.S. Martial Law'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/MOREMART.HTM (Must reading!)

'FEMA: America's Secret Government-In-Waiting'
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/fema.htm

http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/GEO443.HTM
'War Is A Racket' by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC

http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/BLACK-OP.HTM
'Chemtrails: Are They For Climate Control, Weather Modification,
'Black Ops' Or For Biological Warfare And Mass Vaccine Testing?' (see
the recently-added stunning photos of a chemtrail tanker creating a
'Chemtrail X' in the skies over Toronto, Canada!)

- o O o -

Visit our invaluable archive of Articles on the New World Order
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/sect22.htm

You'll find a wide range of free online Classic History books (on
English history, American History, Canadian History, European History,
Napoleonic History, Russian History, German History, Greek and Roman
History), plus the books of Jane Austen, at http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/freehist.htm

For free online Classic Travel Books,
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/freetrav.htm

For free online Classic Christian Books,
http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/SERMONS

- o O o -

NUCLEAR TREASON AT THE TOP OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT?

These serious allegations, involving the alleged ‘sale’ of nuclear
secrets, reach right to the top of the U.S. government. The
prestigious London ‘Sunday Times’ first broke this blockbuster story
on 6th January, 2008 – it has been completely ‘blacked out’ by the
U.S. media and wire services!

For news headline and blogger article links on the recent sensational
‘U.S. Nuclear Treason And Betrayal’ revelations of Sibel Edmonds, the
ex-FBI whistleblower who has been called ‘The most-gagged woman in
America’, go to http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/EDMONDS.HTM

“If you made public all the information that the FBI have on this
case, you will see very high-level people going through criminal
trials” – Sibel Edmonds

Fra : Anders Sand

Dato : 10-05-08 02:45

On 9 Maj, 17:41, Whileyouslept <whileyousl...@live.ca> wrote:
> [...]
>
> For free online Classic Christian Books,http://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/SERMONS
>
>                                           - o O o -
>
> NUCLEAR TREASON AT THE TOP OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT?
>
> These serious allegations, involving the alleged ‘sale’ of nuclear
> secrets, reach right to the top of the U.S. government. The
> prestigious London ‘Sunday Times’ first broke this blockbuster story
> on 6th January, 2008 – it has been completely ‘blacked out’ by the
> U.S. media and wire services!
>
> For news headline and blogger article links on the recent sensational
> ‘U.S. Nuclear Treason And Betrayal’ revelations of Sibel Edmonds, the
> ex-FBI whistleblower who has been called ‘The most-gagged woman in
> America’, go tohttp://www.mimico-by-the-lake.com/EDMONDS.HTM
>
> “If you made public all the information that the FBI have on this
> case, you will see very high-level people going through criminal

Er det bare MIG der har misforstået noget, eller er dette en DANSK-
SPROGET nyhedsgruppe?

Mvh
Anders Sand
________________
GLAd for en ÅL &
GLAt som en ØL !

Billig og gratis
desktop: KDE.org

Fra : S. A. Thomsen

Dato : 10-05-08 14:36

On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:44:36 -0700 (PDT), Anders Sand
<pc@peterchristensen.eu> wrote:

<snip>

>Er det bare MIG der har misforstået noget, eller er dette en DANSK-
>SPROGET nyhedsgruppe?

Han krydsposter til 5 forskellige grupper...

Var det ABSOLUT nødvendigt at citere HELE hans indlæg...???