Looking for information regarding JVM Chip
Fra : Vagn Nielsen

Dato : 05-07-01 14:21

Basic I want to build a small computer consisting of a LCD screen and a GSM
modem. Ill receive information via the GSM modem and want to display them
graphic at the LCD screen. The LCD screen includes a touch screen, where the
user deicide which information to receive. To control the LCD and touch
screen and the GSM modem I need a processor/computer. I have been looking at
small embedded systems as ucLinux, LIAB, etc. But the graphic part is a
problem, I only see X-Windows or Java as a solution to that. So instead of
using embedded Linux with Java installed(need a lot of diskspace, right ?),
I was thinking of just using a Java Chip.

So my actual question is, how can I solve this problem with a Java chip.
1. Is there a Java chip with a complete JVM, where I just can install/put my
Java Applet ?
2. Can a Java chip hold an Java applet in some kind of EEPROM or RAM DISC ?
3. Can a Java chip direct connect to a display, and show the Java applet ?
4. Which Java chips or other systems can do this job ?
5. Where can I get more information about this ?
6. Is there an example of a setup like this somewhere ?

Best regards
Vagn Nielsen
V-a-g-n@m-a-i-l.z-z-z.dk (remove all the - in the mail, to get my real
email address, for avoid spam)