Offentlige sygehuse virker!!!! (eng)
Fra : Peter Bjørn Perlsø

Dato : 13-12-06 00:57

....også i England !

***

http://www.guinessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/medical_marvels/lo
ngest_hospital_trolley_duration.aspx

Longest Hospital Trolley Duration

WHO:
Tony Collins
WHAT:
77 hrs 30 mins
WHERE:
Swindon, Wiltshire, UK
WHEN:
February 24–27, 2001

The UK's Tony Collins holds the Guinness World Record for the longest
wait on a hospital trolley after spending 77 hours and 30 minutes stuck
outside the toilets in the Princess Margaret Hospital, Swindon, UK,
between February 24 and 27, 2001.

"I'd contracted a virus," said Tony about his record-breaking
experience, "and although I was taken in at 3 p.m. on the Saturday, it
wasn't until 8.30 p.m. on the Tuesday that I was found a bed in another
ward, when an elderly patient was moved to make room for me."

"I developed a bad back, had no privacy, and had to rely on the nurses
to bring me a drink because there was nowhere to rest a jug!"

Despite his ordeal, Tony, a diabetic, returned to the hospital the day
after he was released to thank the nurses who helped him deal with his
pain – and give them a gift of a microwave oven!

"I can think of better records to have," reflected the bed-sore
superstar. "And unfortunately, it will probably be the sort of record
that gets broken every day in the NHS."

Ironically, as Guinness World Records researchers were considering his
claim, Tony fell ill again, was forced to go back into hospital – and
was left on a trolley for another 60 hours!

--
regards , Peter B. P. - http://titancity.com/blog
http://markedspartiet.dk, http://macplanet.dk