Israel-Palæstina - historien en nøddeskal
Fra : GB

Dato : 13-08-06 09:56

Fra : Jan Rasmussen

Dato : 13-08-06 11:57

"GB" <nospam@nospam.invalid> skrev i en meddelelse news:Xns981E6F3FCB902Youremail@130.227.3.84...

> http://www.conceptwizard.com/dan/conflict_dan.swf
>
> --

Lidt mere til de historie interesserede.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration,_1917
The Balfour Declaration was a letter dated November 2, 1917,
from British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour, to
Lord Rothschild (Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild),
a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the
Zionist Federation, a private Zionist organization.
---
Text of the declaration:
Foreign Office November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,
I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His
Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy
with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine
of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours
to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that
nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of
existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status
enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation[1].

Yours sincerely, Arthur James Balfour
---

[1]Zionist Federation :
http://www.zionist.org.uk/Main/about.php
The Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland was established in 1899
to campaign for a permanent homeland for the Jewish people.
At that time, Palestine was a distant and neglected province of the Turkish Empire
with a Jewish population of approximately 50,000.

Jan Rasmussen

Fra : GB

Dato : 13-08-06 12:42

"Jan Rasmussen" <1@2.3> wrote in

> Lidt mere til de historie interesserede.

> Foreign Office November 2nd, 1917

1917???

--
Med venlig hilsen
GB

Fra : Jan Rasmussen

Dato : 13-08-06 13:27

"GB" <nospam@nospam.invalid> skrev i en meddelelse news:Xns981E8B6BBFF90Youremail@130.227.3.84...
> "Jan Rasmussen" <1@2.3> wrote in
>
>> Lidt mere til de historie interesserede.
>
>> Foreign Office November 2nd, 1917
>
> 1917???

Du har lige bragt et link til en flash animation, der benytter sig af en tekst men pålyden
"Hvordan startede det hele" og tager så udgangspunkt i Belford Deklarationen

Men jeg ved godt, ligesom dig, at Belford Deklarationen er et trendy nymodens fænomen.

Lidt mere til historie interesserede,,,

eks. In 1217, the English Jews were forced to wear yellow badges in the form of two
stone tablets identifying them as Jews. !

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vjw/England.html#Entrance%20and%20Persecution%20(1066-1189)

There were individual Jews living in England in Roman and Anglo-Saxon times (80-1066 A.D.),
but not an organized community. When William the Conqueror arrived in England in 1066,
he encouraged Jewish merchants and artisans from northern France to move to England.
The Jews came mostly from France with some from Germany, Italy and Spain, seeking prosperity
and a haven from anti-Semitism. [ Bekvemmelighedsflygtninge eller hva !]

Over the course of a generation, Jews established communities in London,
York, Bristol, Canterbury and other major cities. They generally lived in
segregated areas by themselves. Until 1177, only one Jewish cemetery was allowed, in London.

[ Sikke nogle skidderikker, kun at tillade 1 jødiske gravplads i London før år 1177,
godt vi i Danmark ikke er så nærrige, at vi ikke tillader folk en gravplads, år 2006 host! ]

Jews took up jobs trading and lending money to the government. In the Middle Ages,
lending money for interest was called usury and considered a sin; therefore, Christians
were forbidden to lend money. Jews then became the moneylenders and were able to
set high interest rates. They played a vital role in maintaining the British treasury and,
for a time, the Crown watched over the Jewish financiers and their property, though they
also taxed them onerously.

In 1189, the Third Crusade was launched. The Jews were taxed at a much higher rate
than the rest of England to finance this Crusade. Even though Jews comprised less
that 0.25% of the English population, they provided 8% of the total income of the royal treasury.
Despite the Jews financial contribution, the pro-Christian ideology of the Crusade
resulted in rioting in England and some Jewish businesses in London were burned.

Massacre at York and Beyond
One of the most notorious riots led to the massacre of the Jews of York. Jews have lived in York since 1170.
They felt that they could use York castle for protection and felt secure among York's elite residents,
who used enjoyed Jewish financial services. The situation worsened in July 1189 when King Henry II,
a protector of the Jews, died. Richard I was crowned his heir and he refused to grant Jewish representative
admission to Westminster Abbey, when they came to offer him gifts. Riots were started and mobs threw
stones at the Jews and burned the straw roofs of their houses. Many Jews were murdered, some allowed
themselves to be baptized. Twenty-four hours later, Richard I found out about the riots and ordered
that the Jews be protected.
..
[ Fast forward ]
..
..
Zionism began in England with the Hovevei Zion movement in 1887.
The English Zionist Federation was formed in 1899. It was England's Lord Balfour who issued
the 1917 declaration officially recognizing Jewish aspirations to a homeland.
Israel's first president, Chaim Weizmann, was also British.
-------------

Jan Rasmussen

Fra : Peter Ole Kvint

Dato : 18-11-06 22:00

GB wrote:
> http://www.conceptwizard.com/dan/conflict_dan.swf

Det er en ensidige partisk historie skrivning.

Fra : @

Dato : 18-11-06 23:10

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:00:19 +0100, Peter Ole Kvint
<haabet2003@yahoo.dk> wrote:

>GB wrote:
>> http://www.conceptwizard.com/dan/conflict_dan.swf
>>
>Det er en ensidige partisk historie skrivning.

kan du påpege fejl?

--
A free press can of course be good or bad, but, most certainly,
without freedom it will never be anything but bad

Fra : gb

Dato : 19-11-06 00:09

"@" <1[at]invalid.net> wrote in

> kan du påpege fejl?

Nej, Kvinten erklærer sig jo enig, så hvorfor sku' han det?

--
GB