Iraq
Fra : Be Ka

Dato : 07-05-06 15:34

Er det 'det internationale samfund' som desperat arbejder på at undgå fred i
Iraq? Er det en ny Bosnien?

http://www.counterpunch.org/fisk05062006.html

The Americans, my interlocutor suspected, are trying to provoke an Iraqi
civil war so that Sunni Muslim insurgents spend their energies killing their
Shia co-religionists rather than soldiers of the Western occupation forces.
"I swear to you that we have very good information," my source says, finger
stabbing the air in front of him. "One young Iraqi man told us that he was
trained by the Americans as a policeman in Baghdad and he spent 70 per cent
of his time learning to drive and 30 per cent in weapons training. They said
to him: 'Come back in a week.' When he went back, they gave him a mobile
phone and told him to drive into a crowded area near a mosque and phone
them. He waited in the car but couldn't get the right mobile signal. So he
got out of the car to where he received a better signal. Then his car blew
up."

"There was another man, trained by the Americans for the police. He too was
given a mobile and told to drive to an area where there was a crowd - maybe
a protest - and to call them and tell them what was happening. Again, his
new mobile was not working. So he went to a landline phone and called the
Americans and told them: 'Here I am, in the place you sent me and I can tell
you what's happening here.' And at that moment there was a big explosion in
his car."