No Arrests in Danish Imam Cartoon Conspira~
Fra : mimus

Dato : 28-03-06 18:06

It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.

Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
violence?

--

Have you ever noticed how gods never appear and speak and act for
themselves? not to mention the behavior of those who claim to represent

Fra : K James

Dato : 29-03-06 00:11

Can you provide any proof to the theory about those imams, you are talking about ?

Fra : mimus

Dato : 28-03-06 22:02

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:11:10 -0800, K James wrote:

> "mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ta3ywptz8p55$.1tjvghxb6gijh$.dlg@40tude.net...
>>
>> It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
>> incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
>> published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
>> fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.
>>
>> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
>> violence?
>
> Can you provide any proof to the theory about those imams, you are talking about ?

No, but I bet the Danish police could.

Hell, it's been reported all over the place, and the imams involved have
admitted it; eg,

>Group leaders have said they sought outside help because they found it
> hard to make their voices heard in Denmark.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/10/D8FMFM106.html

Note that the group involved is a minority even among Danish Muslims.

--

And now the saints began their reign,
For which th' had yearned so long in vain,

< _Hudibras_

Fra : K James

Dato : 29-03-06 01:52

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:n9a24a6txbcq.863gkwcbr4sq$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:11:10 -0800, K James wrote:
>
> > "mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ta3ywptz8p55$.1tjvghxb6gijh$.dlg@40tude.net...
> >>
> >> It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
> >> incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
> >> published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
> >> fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.
> >>
> >> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
> >> violence?
> >
> > Can you provide any proof to the theory about those imams, you are talking about ?
>
> No, but I bet the Danish police could.
>
> Hell, it's been reported all over the place, and the imams involved have
> admitted it; eg,
>
> >Group leaders have said they sought outside help because they found it
> > hard to make their voices heard in Denmark.
>
> http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/10/D8FMFM106.html
>
> Note that the group involved is a minority even among Danish Muslims.

Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that.
Noam Chomsky claims that rose is a jew, a pro-israeli zionist with connections to
the neocon Daniel Pipes.

-----

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't
believe in it at all.
Noam Chomsky

During the Salman Rushdie crisis, many lectured the Muslims not get too
upset over words and like a parrot they kept repeating the old phrase:
"Sticks and stones may break my back but words will never hurt me". Not
true, words do hurt. This is why you have libel laws, censorships, and
numerous other legislations in place to prevent hurtful words being
published. One of the most eminent British Historian, David Irving, has been
convicted for denying the holocaust back in 1989, and he faces a 10-year
prison sentence under Austrian law. Remember, it was the words of Colin
Powell, Bush, and Blair that incited the savage vulture like attack on the
dead corpse of Iraq. All proves that words do matter, they can hurt people
and it is too easy to lecture the voiceless victims to ignore hateful words.

Everyone must have picked up the clear double standards by comparing the
conviction of David Irving, with the freedom of expression given to the
Danish and other European newspapers, to openly injure the feelings of
billions of Muslims. They do this regularly and the printing those
derogatory cartoons is simply the tip of the ice berg. Likewise, that
similar freedom is given to known racist individuals like Nick Griffin, the
leader of the rightwing racist party (British Nationalist Party), to incite
hatred and violence against the Muslims in particular. For sure, they have
incited many to commit acts of violence against immigrants, especially those
with a different skin colour.

So, freedom of expression allowed for racist hooligans to the broadsheet
newspaper journalists but not for academics like David Irving. David Irving
did not resort to offensive language like Salman Rushdie, nor did he resort
to drawing vulgar cartoons of the Prophet of Islam to satisfy the appetite
of the anti-Islamic brigade. Neither has he ever incited people to attack a
particular group of people. He may have differed with the official version
of Holocaust but he has never called for the targeting of the Jews, or has
been known to make disparaging comments about them. His work was based on
academic research; a genuine expression of a viewpoint; therefore it should
have easily passed the free speech test. Other Historians are free to come
forward and prove him to be wrong and that would have made the case for the
pro-Holocaust camp even stronger.

What is the real motive behind the vigorous censorship applied to this issue
of holocaust? Why is it beyond the limits of free speech? Why Europe cannot
tolerate constructive criticisms of Holocaust, which is far less than the
insults they throw constantly at Islam and Muslims day and night. While
Muslims do and can tolerate constructive criticisms but are not prepared to
tolerate insults. Do you now see the contrast, who is tolerant and who is
intolerant?

The most startling hypocrisy is not the selective application of freedom of
expression because we have all become used to this by now. We also witnessed
the selective application of the UN resolutions for decades. The astonishing
hypocrisy is that the real mass murderers sit comfortably in the White House
and the Downing Street, after killing hundreds of thousands of innocent
civilians. While those who have used freedom of expression to express their
viewpoint face the neo-inquisition. People are tried for words, while those
commit mass murder roam free. The phrase should read: "Cluster bombs and
cruise missiles may only kill thousands but it is the anti-Zionist words
that will land you in trouble in the land of 'free' speech!"

Many of the commentators have already labelled the Muslims as the new Jews
of Europe but nobody dares to mention that the Jews have become the new
Church in Europe. In line with the notion of being God's chosen people, the
Jews are sacred but not the Palestinians, Arabs, Muslims, even the native
Europeans and Americans are expendable for Israel. All because the blood of
a Goy (Gentile), is not the same as a Jew, as expressed by the Jewish
Rabbis.

Now observe the connection between the Danish Cartoons and David Irving.
Flemming Rose, the cultural editor of Jyllands-Posten is a Jew, a
pro-Israeli Zionist, a known disciple of Daniel Pipes (Julius Streicher of
the neo-cons). Therefore, they have the free speech license to say anything
they want. David Irving just happens to hold a viewpoint that opposed the
Zionist camp. Hence, it seems, the real test for free-speech is where your
opinion sits within the spectrum of Pro-Zionists to anti-Zionists. If it is
in compliant with the pro-Zionist agenda, it has the free speech permit,
otherwise not.

Fra : @

Dato : 29-03-06 00:30

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:52:05 -0800, "K James"
<KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:

>Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that.

Flemming Rose born 3/14/1956 into a Jewish family in the Ukraine

>Noam Chomsky

that Noam Chomsky?
http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/21/may03/chomsky.htm

>claims that rose is a jew, a pro-israeli zionist with connections to
>the neocon Daniel Pipes.

evidence of these claims??

--
If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends.
You talk to your enemies.

Fra : K James

Dato : 29-03-06 03:27

"@" <1@invalid.net> wrote in message news:eehj22pso344h8tpbe6vc848n5731htbfe@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:52:05 -0800, "K James"
> <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:
>

> >Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that.
>
> Flemming Rose born 3/14/1956 into a Jewish family in the Ukraine

Searching on the web reveals that he was born in 3/11/58, nothing about him being Jewish.

> >Noam Chomsky
>
> that Noam Chomsky?
> http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/21/may03/chomsky.htm

I can see your dislike to him.

> >claims that rose is a jew, a pro-israeli zionist with connections to
> >the neocon Daniel Pipes.
>
> evidence of these claims??

Are you saying all the above is not true ?

Danish editor on leave after Holocaust cartoon comments
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200602/s1567581.htm

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 29-03-06 07:15

K James <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:

> "@" <1@invalid.net> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:52:05 -0800, "K James"
> > <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:

> > >Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute
> > > that.

> > Flemming Rose born 3/14/1956 into a Jewish family in the Ukraine

> Searching on the web reveals that he was born in 3/11/58, nothing about
> him being Jewish.

BTW, we've only got 3,000 Jews left in the country, 0.05% of the
population. During WW2 there were 10,000 but most of them have either
fully assimilated into the Danish society or migrated to Israel.

On the other hand, we do know that lots of Islamists and Salafists are
Jew-haters who would love the idea of Flemming Rose, Carsten Juste and
the cartoonists being Jews ...
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : Peter Bjørn Perlsø

Dato : 29-03-06 22:48

K James <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:

> "@" <1@invalid.net> wrote in message
> news:eehj22pso344h8tpbe6vc848n5731htbfe@4ax.com... > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006
> 16:52:05 -0800, "K James" > <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote: > > > >Is it
> true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that. > >
> Flemming Rose born 3/14/1956 into a Jewish family in the Ukraine
>
> Searching on the web reveals that he was born in 3/11/58, nothing about
> him being Jewish.
>
> > >Noam Chomsky
> >
> > that Noam Chomsky?
> > http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/21/may03/chomsky.htm
>
> I can see your dislike to him.

No freedom loving person can realistically say they like Chomksy:

http://www.mises.org/story/1132

and this:

http://www.wernercohn.com/ (check out Chomksy articles)

> > >claims that rose is a jew, a pro-israeli zionist with connections to
> > >the neocon Daniel Pipes.
> >
> > evidence of these claims??
>
> Are you saying all the above is not true ?
>
> Danish editor on leave after Holocaust cartoon comments
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200602/s1567581.htm

I don't care whether Flemming Rose is a Neocon sympathizer or not
(though I don't think he is). He and his paper have a right to print
anything the damn well please. That a bunch of goons in the ME react
violently speaks more about the goons than it does of the cartoons.

-- regards, Peter Bjørn Perlsø
http://haxor.dk http://liberterran.org http://haxor.dk/fanaticism/

Fra : K James

Dato : 30-03-06 05:18

"Peter Bjørn Perlsø" <peter@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk> wrote in message news:1hczjb2.1sfn0item6sp0N%peter@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk...
> K James <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:
>
> > "@" <1@invalid.net> wrote in message
> > news:eehj22pso344h8tpbe6vc848n5731htbfe@4ax.com... > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006
> > 16:52:05 -0800, "K James" > <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote: > > > >Is it
> > true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that. > >
> > Flemming Rose born 3/14/1956 into a Jewish family in the Ukraine
> >
> > Searching on the web reveals that he was born in 3/11/58, nothing about
> > him being Jewish.

> > > that Noam Chomsky?
> > > http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/21/may03/chomsky.htm
> >
> > I can see your dislike to him.
> >
> No freedom loving person can realistically say they like Chomksy:

Noam chmosky is an anti-zionist Jew and that is a reason why pro-israelis won't like him.

Fra : Peter Bjørn Perlsø

Dato : 29-03-06 22:48

K James <KJames@JusticeForAll.com> wrote:

> Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute
> that. Noam Chomsky claims that rose is a jew, a pro-israeli zionist with
> connections to the neocon Daniel Pipes.

Noam Chomksy is a lunatic.

Fra : Martin

Dato : 28-03-06 21:57

mimus skrev:

> It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
> incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
> published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
> fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.
>
> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
> violence?

This is not a police state. Everyone is entitled to speak as he
pleases, and so far there have been no violence in DK as a response to
the drawings. General public opinion and the politicians outcries have
no effect on the court of justice, and should not have either.

The unrests in the ME is not a danish issue. This is purely a Danish
matter!!

B/R
Martin

Fra : mimus

Dato : 28-03-06 22:15

On 28 Mar 2006 12:56:47 -0800, Martin wrote:

> mimus skrev:
>
>> It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
>> incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
>> published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
>> fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.
>>
>> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
>> violence?
>>
> This is not a police state. Everyone is entitled to speak as he
> pleases, and so far there have been no violence in DK as a response to
> the drawings. General public opinion and the politicians outcries have
> no effect on the court of justice, and should not have either.
>
> The unrests in the ME is not a danish issue. This is purely a Danish
> matter!!

Gosh, here in the US we consider US Embassies to be US territory.

And US diplomatic personnel to be US citizens, to be defended and those who
attack them to be hunted down and brought to justice.

Denmark feels differently?

--

We feel America went off the track politically
sometime in August of 1776.

< _After Things Fell Apart_

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 29-03-06 07:25

mimus <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Gosh, here in the US we consider US Embassies to be US territory.
>
> And US diplomatic personnel to be US citizens, to be defended and those who
> attack them to be hunted down and brought to justice.
>
> Denmark feels differently?

No single Danish citizen was attacked during the crisis. No single Dane
was harmed.

Except for the milk peasants who have lost an export market. To Denmark
as a whole it matters little. After all, it was only 1.2% of our export
that went the Islamic countries - and the overall export increases with
10% a year. So it is only six weeks of export increase that has been
affected.
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : Martin

Dato : 28-03-06 22:32

mimus skrev:

> On 28 Mar 2006 12:56:47 -0800, Martin wrote:
>
> > mimus skrev:
> >
> >> It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
> >> incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
> >> published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
> >> fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.
> >>
> >> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
> >> violence?
> >>
> > This is not a police state. Everyone is entitled to speak as he
> > pleases, and so far there have been no violence in DK as a response to
> > the drawings. General public opinion and the politicians outcries have
> > no effect on the court of justice, and should not have either.
> >
> > The unrests in the ME is not a danish issue. This is purely a Danish
> > matter!!
>
> Gosh, here in the US we consider US Embassies to be US territory.

And how well did you mange the 79´ Teheran embassy crisis? We try not
to be black and white in any issue, alas we are are a small contry in a
big world.
Although danish embassies were burned to the ground and our "Dannebrog"
was raped, burned and abused we are basically a contry of merchants,
everything has its price. What some brainwashed assholes did in a fury
of misguided imam-islamistic and political interior related uproar is
only laughable. We shal regain our embassies, damages paid by the ME
states, and once again we will profit from our business in the ME.

> And US diplomatic personnel to be US citizens, to be defended and those who
> attack them to be hunted down and brought to justice.
>
> Denmark feels differently?

So far, no danes have been in need of defendence or have been attacked.

And let me remind you, we have troopers in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
We DONT sit down and let things happen.

Another thing. You like Dixie?

B/R
Martin

Fra : mimus

Dato : 28-03-06 22:53

On 28 Mar 2006 13:31:49 -0800, Martin wrote:

> mimus skrev:

>>> This is not a police state. Everyone is entitled to speak as he
>>> pleases, and so far there have been no violence in DK as a response to
>>> the drawings. General public opinion and the politicians outcries have
>>> no effect on the court of justice, and should not have either.
>>>
>>> The unrests in the ME is not a danish issue. This is purely a Danish
>>> matter!!
>>
>> Gosh, here in the US we consider US Embassies to be US territory.
>
> And how well did you mange the 79´ Teheran embassy crisis? We try not
> to be black and white in any issue, alas we are are a small contry in a
> big world.
> Although danish embassies were burned to the ground and our "Dannebrog"
> was raped, burned and abused we are basically a contry of merchants,
> everything has its price. What some brainwashed assholes did in a fury
> of misguided imam-islamistic and political interior related uproar is
> only laughable. We shal regain our embassies, damages paid by the ME
> states, and once again we will profit from our business in the ME.
>>
>> And US diplomatic personnel to be US citizens, to be defended and those who
>> attack them to be hunted down and brought to justice.
>>
>> Denmark feels differently?
>
> So far, no danes have been in need of defendence or have been attacked.

I guess everyone got out the back doors of the embassies, huh?

> And let me remind you, we have troopers in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
> We DONT sit down and let things happen.
>>
> Another thing. You like Dixie?

Hm? now what? I don't even know anyone named Dixie.

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 29-03-06 07:25

mimus <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I guess everyone got out the back doors of the embassies, huh?

There were no personnel in the embassies. They were closed for the
week-end.
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk

Fra : Martin

Dato : 28-03-06 23:00

mimus skrev:

> > So far, no danes have been in need of defendence or have been attacked.
>
> I guess everyone got out the back doors of the embassies, huh?

What are you implying, other than having no knowledge of danish warfare
and diplomacy. Try ask a serbian military officer about the
Schleswig-Holstein problem, and how the danes solved it.

> > And let me remind you, we have troopers in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
> > We DONT sit down and let things happen.
> >>
> > Another thing. You like Dixie?
>
> Hm? now what? I don't even know anyone named Dixie.

Clearly you are southern-oriented and ultra-conservative. What else
could be concluded by your signature? In other words; you´re
blackandwhite!

B/R
Martin

Fra : mimus

Dato : 29-03-06 01:07

On 28 Mar 2006 14:00:24 -0800, Martin wrote:

> mimus skrev:
>>>
>>> So far, no danes have been in need of defendence or have been attacked.
>>
>> I guess everyone got out the back doors of the embassies, huh?
>
> What are you implying, other than having no knowledge of danish warfare
> and diplomacy. Try ask a serbian military officer about the
> Schleswig-Holstein problem, and how the danes solved it.

I don't think anyone talks to the Serbs any more, do they?

>>> And let me remind you, we have troopers in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>> We DONT sit down and let things happen.
>>>>
>>> Another thing. You like Dixie?
>>
>> Hm? now what? I don't even know anyone named Dixie.
>>
> Clearly you are southern-oriented and ultra-conservative. What else
> could be concluded by your signature? In other words; you´re
> blackandwhite!

Oh, *man*. Just read the book (it's by that loonie Ron Goulart, and short,
like all his books). You'll laugh your ass off.

Fra : Carsten Overgaard

Dato : 29-03-06 08:04

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> It seems pretty clear that the Mohammed cartoon violence was deliberately
> incited by a group of Danish imams who some time after those cartoons were
> published traveled abroad with those cartoons (and even reportedly some
> fakes as well) in order to concert that violence with others.
>
> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
> violence?

Because the violence took place in the Middle East.

Because no Danes were hurt, we took it as a kind of entertainment. The
Danish people are hurt by the cancellation of the early retirement but we
can be comforted when we see that other people are treated more harshly than
we Danes.

Here in Denmark we no longer consider the events as "Mohammed Cartoon
crisis" but rather as "Mohammed Cartoon statement". It was that single event
that did make the world aware of our way of living and our way of thinking.

It has been a positive experience.
--

Med venlig hilsen
Carsten Overgaard

Fra : Nexus1@lab.org

Dato : 29-03-06 08:10

mimus skrev:

> >> I guess everyone got out the back doors of the embassies, huh?
> >
> > What are you implying, other than having no knowledge of danish warfare
> > and diplomacy. Try ask a serbian military officer about the
> > Schleswig-Holstein problem, and how the danes solved it.
>
> I don't think anyone talks to the Serbs any more, do they?

Who is they? And why do "they" not talk to 11 mill people?

Fra : mimus

Dato : 29-03-06 08:20

On 28 Mar 2006 23:09:38 -0800, Nexus1@lab.org wrote:

> mimus skrev:

>>> What are you implying, other than having no knowledge of danish warfare
>>> and diplomacy. Try ask a serbian military officer about the
>>> Schleswig-Holstein problem, and how the danes solved it.
>>
>> I don't think anyone talks to the Serbs any more, do they?
>>
> Who is they? And why do "they" not talk to 11 mill people?

I suppose I should explain to you that that was a semi-jocular reference to
the Balkan Campaign of mass dispossession, rape and genocide launched by
the Serbs and Montenegrans in the Nineties.

(As for Danish warfare and diplomacy and . . . Schleswig-Holstein . . .
what about Denmark's performance versus Holland's against the Nazi
Germans?)

Honestly, though, I read, generally speaking, nothing but good about
Denmark-- about the worst I know about you is your tolerance of
Scientology's "European RPF" (punishment camp) being established in your
country-- so I'm basically shocked at the "Well, you just conspired to
incite a few riots and burn a couple of our embassies, so welcome on back
to Denmark anyway" attitude I seem to read here.

Fra : Jens Bruun

Dato : 29-03-06 09:17

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> Why have these imams not been arrested on charges of conspiracy to
> violence?

Beats me.

--
-Jens B.

[indsæt valgfri tekst her]

Fra : Martin

Dato : 29-03-06 09:42

mimus skrev:

> On 28 Mar 2006 23:09:38 -0800, Nexus1@lab.org wrote:
>
> > mimus skrev:

> >> I don't think anyone talks to the Serbs any more, do they?
> >>
> > Who is they? And why do "they" not talk to 11 mill people?
>
> I suppose I should explain to you that that was a semi-jocular reference to
> the Balkan Campaign of mass dispossession, rape and genocide launched by
> the Serbs and Montenegrans in the Nineties.

Yeah, history is boring, isnt it, and went totally over your head. But
in all fairness I should have referred to a Croatian military officer,
as I dont think they teach the same things in Belgrade as they do in
Zagreb.

> (As for Danish warfare and diplomacy and . . . Schleswig-Holstein . . .
> what about Denmark's performance versus Holland's against the Nazi
> Germans?)

What about it?

> Honestly, though, I read, generally speaking, nothing but good about
> Denmark-- about the worst I know about you is your tolerance of
> Scientology's "European RPF" (punishment camp) being established in your
> country-- so I'm basically shocked at the "Well, you just conspired to
> incite a few riots and burn a couple of our embassies, so welcome on back
> to Denmark anyway" attitude I seem to read here.

Well, the world is a shocking place and doesnt quite fit into cubic
thinking. Our police welcomed the imams back with a forced invitation
to the police HQ in Copenhagen. The islamistic groupings in DK is under
police surveilance. But if no law is broken???

B/R
Martin

Fra : mr. snerdly

Dato : 29-03-06 22:15

K James wrote:
> "mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:n9a24a6txbcq.863gkwcbr4sq$.dlg@40tude.net...

> > > Can you provide any proof to the theory about those imams, you are talking about ?
> >
> > No, but I bet the Danish police could.
> >
> > Hell, it's been reported all over the place, and the imams involved have
> > admitted it; eg,
> >
> > >Group leaders have said they sought outside help because they found it
> > > hard to make their voices heard in Denmark.
> >
> > http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/10/D8FMFM106.html
> >
> > Note that the group involved is a minority even among Danish Muslims.
> >
> Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that.
> Noam Chomsky claims that rose is a jew,

Chomsky, a jew, says Rose is a Jew.
Is there something wrong with Jews?

`Chomsky was born in Philadelphia on December 7, 1928. His father was a
Hebrew scholar of considerable repute, so even as a youngster Chomsky
"picked up a body of informal knowledge about the structure and history
of the Semitic languages," according to David Cohen in Psychologists on
Psychology. While still in high school Chomsky proofread the manuscript
of his father's edition of a medieval Hebrew grammar. Yergin noted:
"This backdoor introduction to 'historical linguistics' had
considerable impact in the future; it helped fuel his later conviction
that the explanation of how language worked, rather than categories and
description, was the business of linguistic study." The young Chomsky
was more interested in politics than grammar, however. He was
especially passionate about the rebirth of a Jewish culture and society
in what later became the state of Israel, and for a time he entertained
the idea of moving there. In 1945 he enrolled at the University of
Pennsylvania, where he came under the influence of Zellig Harris, a
noted professor of linguistics. John Lyons observed in Noam Chomsky
that it was Chomsky's "sympathies with Harris's political views that
led him to work as an undergraduate in linguistics. There is a sense,
therefore, in which politics brought him into linguistics."`

Fra : mr. snerdly

Dato : 29-03-06 22:21

Where did this libelous crap come from?

The "International Institute of Peace," home of other articles by the
same Yamin Zakaria

"Why the World Loves Usamah and Not Bush", Yamin Zakaria, London UK

"Racism, Lynching, Slavery - Pillars of the American Dream," Yamin
Zakaria

http://www.iiop.org/Theme.php?recordID=US

Fra : mr. snerdly

Dato : 29-03-06 23:26

K James wrote:
> [...]
> Jews are sacred but not the Palestinians, Arabs, Muslims, even the native
> Europeans and Americans are expendable for Israel. All because the blood of
> a Goy (Gentile), is not the same as a Jew, as expressed by the Jewish
> Rabbis.
>
> Now observe the connection between the Danish Cartoons and David Irving.
> Flemming Rose, the cultural editor of Jyllands-Posten is a Jew, a
> pro-Israeli Zionist, a known disciple of Daniel Pipes (Julius Streicher of
> the neo-cons). Therefore, they have the free speech license to say anything
> they want. David Irving just happens to hold a viewpoint that opposed the
> Zionist camp. Hence, it seems, the real test for free-speech is where your
> opinion sits within the spectrum of Pro-Zionists to anti-Zionists. If it is
> in compliant with the pro-Zionist agenda, it has the free speech permit,

Why I Published Those Cartoons

By Flemming Rose
Sunday, February 19, 2006; B01

Childish. Irresponsible. Hate speech. A provocation just for the sake
of provocation. A PR stunt. Critics of 12 cartoons of the prophet
Muhammad published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten have not
minced their words. They say that freedom of expression does not imply
an endorsement of insulting people's religious feelings, and besides,
they add, the media censor themselves every day. So, please do not
teach us a lesson about limitless freedom of speech.

I agree that the freedom to publish things doesn't mean you publish
everything. Jyllands-Posten would not publish pornographic images or
graphic details of dead bodies; swear words rarely make it into our
pages. So we are not fundamentalists in our support for freedom of
expression.

But the cartoon story is different.

Those examples have to do with exercising restraint because of ethical
standards and taste; call it editing. By contrast, I commissioned the
cartoons in response to several incidents of self-censorship in Europe
caused by widening fears and feelings of intimidation in dealing with
issues related to Islam. And I still believe that this is a topic that
we Europeans must confront, challenging moderate Muslims to speak out.
The idea wasn't to provoke gratuitously -- and we certainly didn't
intend to trigger violent demonstrations throughout the Muslim world.
Our goal was simply to push back self-imposed limits on expression that
seemed to be closing in tighter.

At the end of September, a Danish standup comedian said in an interview
with Jyllands-Posten that he had no problem urinating on the Bible in
front of a camera, but he dared not do the same thing with the Koran.

This was the culmination of a series of disturbing instances of
self-censorship. Last September, a Danish children's writer had trouble
finding an illustrator for a book about the life of Muhammad. Three
people turned down the job for fear of consequences. The person who
finally accepted insisted on anonymity, which in my book is a form of
self-censorship. European translators of a critical book about Islam
also did not want their names to appear on the book cover beside the
name of the author, a Somalia-born Dutch politician who has herself
been in hiding.

Around the same time, the Tate gallery in London withdrew an
installation by the avant-garde artist John Latham depicting the Koran,
Bible and Talmud torn to pieces. The museum explained that it did not
want to stir things up after the London bombings. (A few months
earlier, to avoid offending Muslims, a museum in Goteborg, Sweden, had
removed a painting with a sexual motif and a quotation from the Koran.)

Finally, at the end of September, Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh
Rasmussen met with a group of imams, one of whom called on the prime
minister to interfere with the press in order to get more positive
coverage of Islam.

So, over two weeks we witnessed a half-dozen cases of self-censorship,
pitting freedom of speech against the fear of confronting issues about
Islam. This was a legitimate news story to cover, and Jyllands-Posten
decided to do it by adopting the well-known journalistic principle:
Show, don't tell. I wrote to members of the association of Danish
cartoonists asking them "to draw Muhammad as you see him." We certainly
did not ask them to make fun of the prophet. Twelve out of 25 active
members responded.

We have a tradition of satire when dealing with the royal family and
other public figures, and that was reflected in the cartoons. The
cartoonists treated Islam the same way they treat Christianity,
Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions. And by treating Muslims in
Denmark as equals they made a point: We are integrating you into the
Danish tradition of satire because you are part of our society, not
strangers. The cartoons are including, rather than excluding, Muslims.

The cartoons do not in any way demonize or stereotype Muslims. In fact,
they differ from one another both in the way they depict the prophet
and in whom they target. One cartoon makes fun of Jyllands-Posten,
portraying its cultural editors as a bunch of reactionary provocateurs.
Another suggests that the children's writer who could not find an
illustrator for his book went public just to get cheap publicity. A
third puts the head of the anti-immigration Danish People's Party in a
lineup, as if she is a suspected criminal.

One cartoon -- depicting the prophet with a bomb in his turban -- has
drawn the harshest criticism. Angry voices claim the cartoon is saying
that the prophet is a terrorist or that every Muslim is a terrorist. I
read it differently: Some individuals have taken the religion of Islam
hostage by committing terrorist acts in the name of the prophet. They
are the ones who have given the religion a bad name. The cartoon also
plays into the fairy tale about Aladdin and the orange that fell into
his turban and made his fortune. This suggests that the bomb comes from
the outside world and is not an inherent characteristic of the prophet.

On occasion, Jyllands-Posten has refused to print satirical cartoons of
Jesus, but not because it applies a double standard. In fact, the same
cartoonist who drew the image of Muhammed with a bomb in his turban
drew a cartoon with Jesus on the cross having dollar notes in his eyes
and another with the star of David attached to a bomb fuse. There were,
however, no embassy burnings or death threats when we published those.

Has Jyllands-Posten insulted and disrespected Islam? It certainly
didn't intend to. But what does respect mean? When I visit a mosque, I
show my respect by taking off my shoes. I follow the customs, just as I
do in a church, synagogue or other holy place. But if a believer
demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public
domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And
that is incompatible with a secular democracy.

This is exactly why Karl Popper, in his seminal work "The Open Society
and Its Enemies," insisted that one should not be tolerant with the
intolerant. Nowhere do so many religions coexist peacefully as in a
democracy where freedom of expression is a fundamental right. In Saudi
Arabia, you can get arrested for wearing a cross or having a Bible in
your suitcase, while Muslims in secular Denmark can have their own
mosques, cemeteries, schools, TV and radio stations.

I acknowledge that some people have been offended by the publication of
the cartoons, and Jyllands-Posten has apologized for that. But we
cannot apologize for our right to publish material, even offensive
material. You cannot edit a newspaper if you are paralyzed by worries
about every possible insult.

I am offended by things in the paper every day: transcripts of speeches
by Osama bin Laden, photos from Abu Ghraib, people insisting that
Israel should be erased from the face of the Earth, people saying the
Holocaust never happened. But that does not mean that I would refrain
from printing them as long as they fell within the limits of the law
and of the newspaper's ethical code. That other editors would make
different choices is the essence of pluralism.

As a former correspondent in the Soviet Union, I am sensitive about
calls for censorship on the grounds of insult. This is a popular trick
of totalitarian movements: Label any critique or call for debate as an
insult and punish the offenders. That is what happened to human rights
activists and writers such as Andrei Sakharov, Vladimir Bukovsky,
Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Natan Sharansky, Boris Pasternak. The regime
accused them of anti-Soviet propaganda, just as some Muslims are
labeling 12 cartoons in a Danish newspaper anti-Islamic.

The lesson from the Cold War is: If you give in to totalitarian
impulses once, new demands follow. The West prevailed in the Cold War
because we stood by our fundamental values and did not appease
totalitarian tyrants.

Since the Sept. 30 publication of the cartoons, we have had a
constructive debate in Denmark and Europe about freedom of expression,
freedom of religion and respect for immigrants and people's beliefs.
Never before have so many Danish Muslims participated in a public
dialogue -- in town hall meetings, letters to editors, opinion columns
and debates on radio and TV. We have had no anti-Muslim riots, no
Muslims fleeing the country and no Muslims committing violence. The
radical imams who misinformed their counterparts in the Middle East
about the situation for Muslims in Denmark have been marginalized. They
no longer speak for the Muslim community in Denmark because moderate
Muslims have had the courage to speak out against them.

In January, Jyllands-Posten ran three full pages of interviews and
photos of moderate Muslims saying no to being represented by the imams.
They insist that their faith is compatible with a modern secular
democracy. A network of moderate Muslims committed to the constitution
has been established, and the anti-immigration People's Party called on
its members to differentiate between radical and moderate Muslims, i.e.
between Muslims propagating sharia law and Muslims accepting the rule
of secular law. The Muslim face of Denmark has changed, and it is
becoming clear that this is not a debate between "them" and "us," but
between those committed to democracy in Denmark and those who are not.

This is the sort of debate that Jyllands-Posten had hoped to generate
when it chose to test the limits of self-censorship by calling on
cartoonists to challenge a Muslim taboo. Did we achieve our purpose?
Yes and no. Some of the spirited defenses of our freedom of expression
have been inspiring. But tragic demonstrations throughout the Middle
East and Asia were not what we anticipated, much less desired.
Moreover, the newspaper has received 104 registered threats, 10 people
have been arrested, cartoonists have been forced into hiding because of
threats against their lives and Jyllands-Posten's headquarters have
been evacuated several times due to bomb threats. This is hardly a
climate for easing self-censorship.

Still, I think the cartoons now have a place in two separate
narratives, one in Europe and one in the Middle East. In the words of
the Somali-born Dutch politician Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the integration of
Muslims into European societies has been sped up by 300 years due to
the cartoons; perhaps we do not need to fight the battle for the
Enlightenment all over again in Europe. The narrative in the Middle
East is more complex, but that has very little to do with the cartoons.

flemming.rose@jp.dk

Flemming Rose is the culture editor of Jyllands-Posten.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company

Fra : mr. snerdly

Dato : 13-04-06 20:59

K James wrote:
> "mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:n9a24a6txbcq.863gkwcbr4sq$.dlg@40tude.net...

> > > Can you provide any proof to the theory about those imams, you are talking about ?
> >
> > No, but I bet the Danish police could.
> >
> > Hell, it's been reported all over the place, and the imams involved have
> > admitted it; eg,
> >
> > >Group leaders have said they sought outside help because they found it
> > > hard to make their voices heard in Denmark.
> >
> > http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/10/D8FMFM106.html
> >
> > Note that the group involved is a minority even among Danish Muslims.
> >
> Is it true that Flemming Rose is a Jew, can any body confirm or refute that.
> Noam Chomsky claims that rose is a jew, a pro-israeli zionist with connections to
> the neocon Daniel Pipes.

>From www.danielpipes.org | Original article available at:
www.danielpipes.org/article/3405

Those Danish Cartoons and Me
by Daniel Pipes
New York Sun
February 21, 2006

Did you know that I had a hand in the Danish cartoons of Muhammad?

No? Well, neither did I until I found this out in early February on a
conspiracist Web site. To clear the record, I'll start with the facts,
then outline the conspiracy theory.

What actually happened: Flemming Rose, cultural editor of a Danish
newspaper, Jyllands-Posten, sent me an e-mail on September 29, 2004,
introducing himself and requesting an in-person interview during his
American trip. I agreed and Mr. Rose came to my Philadelphia office on
October 25, when he spent about half an hour asking me questions. His
article on me, "Truslen fra islamismen" (or "The Threat of Islamism),"
appeared on October 29. It is a standard journalistic piece in which
Mr. Rose provided some biographical information about me and had me
explain my views on radical Islam.

After that meeting, I had no further contact with Mr. Rose. To be more
precise: We have since then not met, talked, or written to each other.
I learned only from the press of his decision, nearly a year after our
meeting, to commission and publish the cartoons.

That's the boring reality - a routine interview and nothing else. The
more exciting conspiracy theory began when a fringe antisemitic writer
named Christopher Bollyn published an analysis on February 3 announcing
that "Rose traveled to Philadelphia in October 2004 to visit Daniel
Pipes. ... Rose then penned a positive article about Pipes."

Two days later, Mr. Bollyn transmogrified this fact into an elaborate
conspiracy theory: "The anti-Muslim cartoon scandal is clearly turning
out to be a key event in the Zionist Neo-Cons' 'clash of
civilizations,' the artificially constructed struggle to pit the
so-called Christian West against the Islamic states and peoples. We
know that Flemming Rose is a colleague and fellow of the Zionist
Neo-Con Daniel Pipes. He has visited Pipes in Philadelphia and written
a friendly biographical article."

Note Mr. Bollyn's three assumptions in this account: that Mr. Rose is
my "colleague and fellow," that he and I together intentionally
provoked Muslims, and that we are part of a wider conspiracy to worsen
Christian-Muslim relations.

Such wild assumptions are standard fare for Mr. Bollyn. Concerning
September 11, 2001, for example, he thinks President Bush and press
tycoon Rupert Murdoch knew the plans in advance, that the Mossad had a
key role in that day's events, that United Airlines flight 175 was not
flown into the southern World Trade Center tower, and that the towers
were destroyed either by an Israeli-American laser beam weapon or
massive underground explosions.

Mr. Bollyn's theory connecting me to a clash of civilizations gained
momentum within days. Leftist and Islamist writers variously described
Mr. Rose as my "close associate," "disciple," and "protégé" and the
Internet buzzed with rumors of my part in a "Neocon conspiracy." Even
mainstream elements then picked up these ideas. A leading Arabic
newspaper, Al-Hayat, speculated on February 10 about the "mutual
admiration society" between Mr. Rose and myself. The PLO representative
in Washington, Afif Safieh, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on February 12 that
Flemming Rose "is a fan and an admirer" of mine.

The mass-circulation Belgian weekly Knack then called me "the ideologue
of the NeoCons" (which will come as news to William Kristol) and
accused Mr. Rose, me, and others of instigating an "intentional NeoCon
provocation."

I watched the spread of this fantastical account with bemusement and
apprehension. As the author of two books and many articles on
conspiracy theories, I have intensively studied these misguided
attempts to understand reality. This time, I had the dubious privilege
of doing so on the inside looking out. In response, I recalled two
recommendations from my 1992 CIA-commissioned report suggesting ways
for the American government to handle conspiracy theories.

Deny the validity of conspiracy theories: Following my own advice, I
placed a correction on my website, discussed the topic on Al-Jazeera
television, and am addressing the matter here.

Anticipate malign interpretations: In today's vicious and vulgar
political discourse, public figures must anticipate that their actions,
however minor and innocent, might randomly be plucked out of obscurity
and framed as part of some grand design. One cannot prevent this but
the damage can be minimized by keeping careful documentation (e-mails,
audio recordings, photographs) and producing them to refute
distortions.