'Religions Don't Have Human Rights and Isl~
Fra : Michael Laudahn

Dato : 28-02-06 21:04

http://www.sappho.dk/Den%20loebende/RoyBrown.htm

--
>.)

Unter blinden ist der einäugige könig.

http://worldimprover.net/

Fra : Rom

Dato : 28-02-06 21:15

"Michael Laudahn" <ml@es-reicht.org> wrote in message
news:1141157031.336870.292060@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

http://www.sappho.dk/Den%20loebXXXXende/RoyBrown.htm

--
>.)

Unter blinden ist der einäugige könig.

http://worldimXXXXprover.net/

Heraus, geweck. vorsvinden!

Kjell

Fra : Roger Johansson

Dato : 28-02-06 23:52

Michael Laudahn wrote:
> http://www.sappho.dk/Den%20loebende/RoyBrown.htm

AN OPEN LETTER TO DANISH FRIENDS FROM MR. ROY BROWN

28.2.2006:
Religions Don't Have Human Rights and Islam Has No Special Place

The President of IHEU Reacts to Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller's
Proposal for Religious Dialogue

By Roy Brown

Dear Friends,
"Dialogue" means a two-party discussion. By agreeing to dialogue it
appears the Danish government have bought into the idea that there are
only two parties to this dispute (over Jyllands-Posten's cartoons,
ed.). Who are they? Is it the Muslims and the Christians? Or is it the
Muslims and the Danish government? Or perhaps the Muslims and the wider
Danish society? What about the other ethnic and religious minorities in
Denmark? Surely a "conference" or a "discussion" would have been
better. And would it be appropriate to suggest that the non-religious
should also be represented? The problem with only including the
religious is, as I am sure you are well aware, that Christian and
Jewish leaders from around Europe have been joining in the Islamists'
demands for "protection" for religion.

Religions don't have human rights. People do. And one of the most
important safeguards of human rights for all is freedom of expression.
Yes, some people might be offended by my freedom of speech, and I might
be offended by theirs, but unless freedom of expression includes the
right to offend it is hardly worth calling by that name.

There can be no "Muslim exception". Islam is just one religion among
many. Its followers are no more and no less deserving than followers of
any other faith, or of none. But Islam itself has no more right to
protection from criticism than any other human institution. When it
abuses the rights of women, non-believers, or anyone it should be
criticised.

"Moderate" Muslim spokesmen (including many who share the extremist
agenda but don't actually kill people) such as Tariq Ramadan, have been
calling for dialogue in order to promote the Islamic exception. This is
the idea that the world is divided between Islam and the rest. All of
you non-Muslims must now enter into dialogue with us, members of the
one true faith. The call for bridge building is part and parcel of the
same idea. The West must build bridges to accommodate the demands of
the Islamic extremists. If not, "we are not sure we will any longer be
able to control the anger."

I have a suggestion. Will the Danish government in its
dialogue/discussions with the Islamic leaders suggest - and I am not
trying to be provocative - a program of integration and assimilation so
that all immigrants will be able to read, write and speak Danish? Might
they not also suggest that all members of the immigrant community learn
something of Danish (and European) history and culture, including
something of the values and freedoms on which European civilisation is
based?

Then perhaps we can reach the happy state when a minor affront to
Muslim sensibilities in Denmark isn't used to provoke rioting over half
the world, the burning of embassies and churches, and the deaths of
over 30 Christians in Nigeria. Why Nigeria? Well the Muslims in
Northern Nigeria were offended by what they had been told about the
cartoons, so they burned the churches and killed the Christians. Why?
Because the cartoons were drawn by Danes and Danes are Christians
aren't they?

By this logic the Danish Muslims will surely understand why, should the
Christians in Poland, say, start burning mosques and killing Muslims
that they will be doing so because northern Nigerians are Muslim.

Sorry for the rant, but the idea of the Danish government having to
apologise for our freedom just got to me.

With best regards
Roy Brown

Roy Brown is President of The International Humanist and Ethical Union,
an NGO devoted to the defence of human rights

--
Roger J.

Fra : Rom

Dato : 01-03-06 06:48

"Roger Johansson" <roger4911@gmail.com> wrote in message

Michael Laudahn wrote:

AN OPEN LETTER TO DANISH FRIENDS FROM MR. ROY BROWN

28.2.2006:
Religions Don't Have Human Rights and Islam Has No Special Place

The President of IHEU Reacts to Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller's
Proposal for Religious Dialogue
-----------------

Her ser vi et eksempel på hva human-etikere representerer ....
de ser på seg selv som en scientologisk religion.
Andre religioner er fiender

Skremmende

http://www.iheu.org/about
"Founded in Amsterdam in 1952, International Humanist and Ethical Union
(IHEU) is the sole world umbrella organisation embracing humanist, atheist,
rationalist, secularist, skeptic, laique, ethical cultural, freethought and
similar organisations world-wide."

Kjell

Fra : Roger Johansson

Dato : 01-03-06 07:34

Rom wrote:

> > Religions Don't Have Human Rights and Islam Has No Special Place

> Her ser vi et eksempel på hva human-etikere representerer ....
> de ser på seg selv som en scientologisk religion.

Humanister ser inte sig själva som en religion, utan raka motsatsen,
frihet från religion och det våld som religioner ofta medför.

> Andre religioner er fiender

Vissa religioner är fiender till demokrati, de vill lösa konflikter
med hot och våld.

--
Roger J.

Fra : Rom

Dato : 01-03-06 08:27

"Roger Johansson" <roger4911@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Her ser vi et eksempel på hva human-etikere representerer ....
> > de ser på seg selv som en scientologisk religion.
>
> Humanister ser inte sig själva som en religion, utan raka motsatsen,
> frihet från religion och det våld som religioner ofta medför.

Når man benekter andre sannheter enn "vitenskapelige sannheter",
så er er vitenskap blitt religion. Det er en tro som lett forenes
med kynisme, hvor makt (og våpen) gjerne blir bevis for hvem som
"har rett" ( å vinne = har rett)

http://www.iheu.org/about
"Founded in Amsterdam in 1952, International Humanist and Ethical Union
(IHEU) is the sole world umbrella organisation embracing humanist, atheist,
rationalist, secularist, skeptic, laique, ethical cultural, freethought and
similar organisations world-wide
------

Nazistene (legg gjerne til stalinistene) var en teknokrater - med
tro på at vitenskap og avanserte våpen var løsningen. Terror ble
perfeksjonert til et vitenskapelig nivå. Etter krigen fortsatte de
samme folkene med praktisk utvikling av terror som egen fag.
Går under navnet "contererrorisme"

Kjell