sunsite dk
Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 26-11-05 23:55

this servers seesm to be broken tonight

at least 9 out of 10 soc.genealogy groups no longer available

Hugh W

Fra : Jakob Hoffmann

Dato : 27-11-05 11:25

Hi Hugh,

I'm also using Sunsite for news-groups. We had an information email about a
month ago about the changes in news groups policies and name change to
dotsrc.org. You can read more here http://dotsrc.org/usenet/ossgroups/, and
it seems as if soc.* news groups are not mirrored by dotsrc.org.

We'll have to write and ask for these news groups back again...

Jakob
Warszawa, Poland

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 27-11-05 21:23

Jakob Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi Hugh,
>
> I'm also using Sunsite for news-groups. We had an information email about a
> month ago about the changes in news groups policies and name change to
> dotsrc.org. You can read more here http://dotsrc.org/usenet/ossgroups/, and
> it seems as if soc.* news groups are not mirrored by dotsrc.org.
>
> We'll have to write and ask for these news groups back again...
>
> Jakob
> Warszawa, Poland
>
> "Hugh Watkins" <hugh.watkins@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>
>>this servers seesm to be broken tonight
>>
>>at least 9 out of 10 soc.genealogy groups no longer available

Berlin is available but to pay 10 Euro will incure dumb bank charges

http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/providers/providers.html

Hugh W

Fra : Jakob Hoffmann

Dato : 02-12-05 10:01

Hi,

I have managed to get the soc.* and alt.* news groups from my Polish
Internet provider. The dk.* news groups I still get from sunsite
(dotsrc.org)...

Maybe you could do the same...

Jakob

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 02-12-05 17:29

yes but my ISP in DK http://bolignet.com-x.dk/script/site/default.asp
which is very cheap (includes telphones)
and in UK aol.com AKA aol.co.uk havedropped usenet

both have unlimited use dsl

http://news.individual.net/index.php
Welcome to News.Individual.NET
just paid my 10 Euros since the Sunsite.dk has become useless

Ihad to go to my blog to find the URL
http://hughw36.blogspot.com/

http://hughw36.blogspot.com/2005/12/best-usenet-interface-for-genealogy.html
becasue the new CIS does not do well in google searches

about 87 linking to it
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+www.individual.net&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.teranews.com/ might be worth look too

Due to the overwhelming response to our free account offer and the costs
associated with verifying credit card information we have begun charging
a one time setup fee of $3.95. Their are no recurring monthly fees with
our 50MB/day package.

so not rearly free and unlimited LOL
==

Connectivity:
http://news.individual.net/server.html
1 GBit/s to the backbone of the German Research Network (DFN)

Hugh W