Indscannede kirkebøger online på Famili
Fra : Michael Erichsen

Dato : 19-10-05 07:54

Hej

Der løber en diskussion i øjeblikket på diskussionsgruppen omkring
PAFInsight-produktet, hvor en har fortalt følgende:

Gordon B. Hinckley said:

> "One of the most troublesome aspects of our temple activity is that
as we get more and more temples scattered across the earth there is
duplication of effort in proxy work. People in various nations
simultaneously work on the same family lines and come up with the
same names. They do not know that those in other areas are doing the
same thing. We, therefore, have been engaged for some time in a very
difficult undertaking. To avoid such duplication, the solution lies in
complex computer technology. Preliminary indications are that it will
work, and if this is so, it will be a truly remarkable thing with
worldwide implications."

En anden svarer:

> I know quite a bit about the things that the Church is
planning, but cannot talk about most of them due to
NDAs. However, I can say that an article was in one of
the newspapers in Salt Lake City that indicated that
millions of microfilm were going to be made available
online in the future and a plan existed to get much of
this indexed as well. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
Beyond that, many rumors exist which some have some
level of truth. The Church does keep many of these
type of things quiet to keep expectations at least
somewhat under control. However, the rumors do fly and
I would treat them just as that . . . rumors.

En tredie skriver:

> The Beta testing of the new Temple Ready is about ready to begin.
More will be known about that in the near future I am sure. As to the
other things that are happening in Salt Lake just go to
www.familysearch.org and click on News & Events . FGS Presentations then
on A Sneak Peak at the Near Future (pdf file - 6mb)David E. Rencher,
Genealogical Society of Utah. Since this is at the Church site they
must be supportive of what is found in the PowerPoint presentation. You
don't get all the detail found in his talk but it is easy to see where
Salt Lake is headed. Nothing is that secret.

Denne præsentation findes på:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/Education/sneak_peak_David_E_Rencher.pdf

Her beskrives FamilySearch Indexing, som åbenbart gøres tilgængelig i
2006. Den vil indeholde en kombination af indscannede mikrofilm og
indscannede udgivne slægtsbøger, som vil blive automatisk eller
semiautomatisk indexeret.

De har primært amerikansk, canadisk og engelsk materiale på plan, men
måske kunne deres teknologi være interessant for DDA???

I hvert fald interessant læsning.

Mvh Michael Erichsen

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 19-10-05 08:19

Michael Erichsen wrote:

> Hej
>
> Der løber en diskussion i øjeblikket på diskussionsgruppen omkring
> PAFInsight-produktet, hvor en har fortalt følgende:
>
> > In the opening session of October 2005 General Conference, President
> Gordon B. Hinckley said:
>
> > "One of the most troublesome aspects of our temple activity is that
> as we get more and more temples scattered across the earth there is
> duplication of effort in proxy work. People in various nations
> simultaneously work on the same family lines and come up with the
> same names. They do not know that those in other areas are doing the
> same thing. We, therefore, have been engaged for some time in a very
> difficult undertaking. To avoid such duplication, the solution lies in
> complex computer technology. Preliminary indications are that it will
> work, and if this is so, it will be a truly remarkable thing with
> worldwide implications."
>
> En anden svarer:
>
> > I know quite a bit about the things that the Church is
> planning, but cannot talk about most of them due to
> NDAs. However, I can say that an article was in one of
> the newspapers in Salt Lake City that indicated that
> millions of microfilm were going to be made available
> online in the future and a plan existed to get much of
> this indexed as well. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
> Beyond that, many rumors exist which some have some
> level of truth. The Church does keep many of these
> type of things quiet to keep expectations at least
> somewhat under control. However, the rumors do fly and
> I would treat them just as that . . . rumors.
>
> En tredie skriver:
>
> > The Beta testing of the new Temple Ready is about ready to begin.
> More will be known about that in the near future I am sure. As to the
> other things that are happening in Salt Lake just go to
> www.familysearch.org and click on News & Events . FGS Presentations then
> on A Sneak Peak at the Near Future (pdf file - 6mb)David E. Rencher,
> Genealogical Society of Utah. Since this is at the Church site they
> must be supportive of what is found in the PowerPoint presentation. You
> don't get all the detail found in his talk but it is easy to see where
> Salt Lake is headed. Nothing is that secret.
>
> Denne præsentation findes på:
> http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/Education/sneak_peak_David_E_Rencher.pdf
>

> Her beskrives FamilySearch Indexing, som åbenbart gøres tilgængelig i
> 2006. Den vil indeholde en kombination af indscannede mikrofilm og
> indscannede udgivne slægtsbøger, som vil blive automatisk eller
> semiautomatisk indexeret.
>
> De har primært amerikansk, canadisk og engelsk materiale på plan, men
> måske kunne deres teknologi være interessant for DDA???
>
> I hvert fald interessant læsning.

keep up with
http://www.ancestry.com/

and
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/

those people work in close co-operation with the Family History Library
in Utah

any LDS Family History center in the world is entitled to a free
subscription to these pay sites if they have internet access

I have a contact if you need help with obtaining an ID and password for this

hugh W