Usædvanlig kønsskifteoperation
Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 07-06-05 15:29

I dagens Jerusalem Post kan man læse om en usædvanlig
kønsskifteoperation, som gjorde en 17-årig pige til en 17-årig dreng:

Nablus girl enters male world after sex change

Khaled Abu Toameh, THE JERUSALEM POST
Jun. 7, 2005

Palestinian doctors said on Monday that they had successfully performed
sex-change surgery on a 17-year-old girl from Nablus - the first of its
kind in the West Bank.
At the end of the two-hour operation, which was carried out at the
city's Al-Arabi Hospital, the girl, whose name was Eman, was declared a
boy named Ayman.
Doctors gave Ayman a T-shirt and trousers and welcomed him into the new
world of males.
The girl's family said they took her to see doctors a few years ago
after realizing that her outward appearance was beginning to appear
masculine.
They said the characteristics included a deep voice and hair that grew
on her face.
Medical checkups over the past few months revealed that Eman was in fact
a male, said Dr. Suad Subhi.
She said the family told doctors that her parents began suspecting she
was actually a male when their daughter was as young as three years old.
Dr. Rashid Bakir, chief urologist at the Ramallah Hospital, said that
when he examined the girl, he discovered she had a distorted organ that
resembled a male genital.
He said the girl would undergo "sex reassignment surgery" over the next
few months to alter her physical appearance.
Part of this procedure involves extended hormone therapy, which alters
secondary sexual characteristics.
In female to male transsexuals, it lowers the voice and causes body hair
and beard to grow.
The clitoral hood is also lifted and the suspensory ligament of the
clitoris is detached from the pubic bone, allowing the clitoris to
extend out further.
When the female tissues have been primed with testosterone, the clitoris
will resemble an adolescent penis.
Speaking to reporters, Ayman expressed relief that he had been turned
into a male.
"I was always shy when I mixed with girls," he said. "When I turned 12,
I used to play only with boys my age. I was dreaming of going out to
work and having my own mobile phone and driving a car. Now I feel that
I'm about to fulfill my dream."

This article can also be read at
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
&cid=1118024492038&p=1101615860782

Copyright 1995-2005 The Jerusalem Post - http://www.jpost.com/
==

Men har der været tale om en XY hvor fosterudviklingen er gået galt? Jeg
synes i hvert fald aldrig at jeg har hørt om noget lignende - har der
overhovedet været æggestokke og uterus?
--
Per Erik Rønne