Checking balance in Just Talk in Orange
Fra : Andrew

Dato : 17-02-05 01:52

I'm staying for some time in Denmark and I bought prepaid from Orange.
I found on page http://orange.dk/privat/produkter/justtalk/flerefordele/
how can I check my account balance. Unfortunately solution B doesn't
work for me. I don't have this "Just Talk" position in "Orange" menu.
Friend of mine bought same card earlier and he has it (his card is
older than mine). Do you know what I have to do? Maybe some kind of
update of this "Orange" menu (I think it's SIM Aplication Toolkit)?
Please answer in English since I don't understand Danish.

Best regards,
Goglus

Fra : Rainer Schöbe

Dato : 17-02-05 08:26

Hi Andrew or Goglus or however your name is!

Andrew wrote:
> I'm staying for some time in Denmark and I bought prepaid from Orange.
> I found on page
> http://orange.dk/privat/produkter/justtalk/flerefordele/ how can I
> check my account balance. Unfortunately solution B doesn't work for
> me. I don't have this "Just Talk" position in "Orange" menu. Friend
> of mine bought same card earlier and he has it (his card is older
> than mine). Do you know what I have to do? Maybe some kind of update
> of this "Orange" menu (I think it's SIM Aplication Toolkit)?

Have you checked your orange sim-card in another phone? Perhaps it's your
phone that doesn't support SAT. Check it by a cross-check with your friend's
phone and your friend's sim-card.

If it's not your phone, so you'll have to contact the orange support, but I
think it isn't possible to update a sim-card without SAT to a sim-card with
SAT over the air. They could send you a new sim-card with SAT, but it will
cost DKK 250 IIRC.

An explanation for that your friend's sim-card does support SAT could be
that your sim-card had lain for a long time in the shop where you bought it.
So it could be that your sim-card in fact is older than your friend's one.

> Please answer in English since I don't understand Danish.

I hope you can understand my English.

Yours

--
Rainer Schöbe (Germany)
http://www.rainerschoebe.de

Fra : Jeppe Vestergaard

Dato : 17-02-05 09:23

> If it's not your phone, so you'll have to contact the orange support, but
> think it isn't possible to update a sim-card without SAT to a sim-card
with
> SAT over the air. They could send you a new sim-card with SAT, but it will
> cost DKK 250 IIRC.

If his SIM-card is a SIM ToolKit Card the menu can be sent to the phone OTA
by the operater. Thereafter he will just have to turn off an on the phone,
and the menu will appear on the phone.

At least, that's how it works with SONOFONs Selvhenter, and the menu their
customers use to check and refill balance.

--
Mvh.
Jeppe Vestergaard, Aalborg

Fra : Andrew

Dato : 17-02-05 11:36

"Rainer Schöbe" wrote in message news:<37ivahF5dh46dU1@individual.net>...

> Have you checked your orange sim-card in another phone? Perhaps it's your
> phone that doesn't support SAT. Check it by a cross-check with your friend's
> phone and your friend's sim-card.

Yes, I did it. In my phone (Siemens ME 45) his card also has this
position in menu. Moreover in his phone (Nokia 6210) my card doesn't
have such position in menu.

> If it's not your phone, so you'll have to contact the orange support, but I
> think it isn't possible to update a sim-card without SAT to a sim-card with
> SAT over the air. They could send you a new sim-card with SAT, but it will
> cost DKK 250 IIRC.

My card has SAT, but menu is different. I have other positions, but
there is no "Just Talk" (I have "A la Carte", "E-mail", "Kalender",
"Chat", "Indstillinger"). How can I update SAT over the air?

> An explanation for that your friend's sim-card does support SAT could be
> that your sim-card had lain for a long time in the shop where you bought it.
> So it could be that your sim-card in fact is older than your friend's one.

Actually my card is newer (his package contained older prices), we
bought it in the same shop (he bought the last one and I had to
wait). Is it possible that Orange removed this position from menu?

> I hope you can understand my English.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Goglus

P.S. My name is Andrew, but I use a nick Goglus ;)

Fra : Rainer Schöbe

Dato : 18-02-05 10:26

Hi again.

Andrew wrote:
> "Rainer Schöbe" wrote in message
>
>> Have you checked your orange sim-card in another phone? Perhaps it's
>> your phone that doesn't support SAT. Check it by a cross-check with
>> your friend's phone and your friend's sim-card.
>
> Yes, I did it. In my phone (Siemens ME 45) his card also has this
> position in menu. Moreover in his phone (Nokia 6210) my card doesn't
> have such position in menu.

Okay, it _is_ the card.

>> If it's not your phone, so you'll have to contact the orange
>> support, but I think it isn't possible to update a sim-card without
>> SAT to a sim-card with SAT over the air. They could send you a new
>> sim-card with SAT, but it will cost DKK 250 IIRC.
>
> My card has SAT, but menu is different. I have other positions, but
> there is no "Just Talk" (I have "A la Carte", "E-mail", "Kalender",
> "Chat", "Indstillinger"). How can I update SAT over the air?

I would try sending an e-mail to their support.

http://orange.dk/kontakt/email/, choose "taletid", fill in name (navn), your
orange mobilenumber (telefonnummer), your e-mail address and a short text in
English.

After that make sure that your orange sim-card is activated, so that it can
receive the update.

>> An explanation for that your friend's sim-card does support SAT
>> could be that your sim-card had lain for a long time in the shop
>> where you bought it. So it could be that your sim-card in fact is
>> older than your friend's one.
>
> Actually my card is newer (his package contained older prices), we
> bought it in the same shop (he bought the last one and I had to
> wait). Is it possible that Orange removed this position from menu?

Perhaps it is a mistake in the serie your sim-card is from.

Fra : Andrew

Dato : 18-02-05 19:33

"Rainer Schöbe" wrote in message news:<37lqmhF5bo6t9U1@individual.net>...

> I would try sending an e-mail to their support.

I called them.

> After that make sure that your orange sim-card is activated, so that it can
> receive the update.

They're no longer supporting this functionality...

The only possible way is to call 26264040 (only Danish) or check it in Internet.

Thanks for your help!!

Goglus

Fra : Rainer Schöbe

Dato : 18-02-05 20:09

Andrew wrote:
> [checking balange via SAT]
> They're no longer supporting this functionality...

Perhaps it is one of the first steps in converting orange products to Telia
products after orange.dk has been bought by TeliaSonera.

Fra : Fischer

Dato : 17-02-05 15:25

> how can I check my account balance. Unfortunately solution B doesn't
> work for me.

Have you tried solution A?

Just type your phone number and you'll receive a 4-digit code to log in.
Choose 'følg dit forbrug' and you'll se your balance.

*Fischer
OBS: Hvis du vil sende mig en mail, så fjern det to-cifrede tal i adressen.

Fra : Andrew

Dato : 18-02-05 19:35

"Fischer" wrote in message news:<4214a91e$0$269$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk>...

> Have you tried solution A?

Yes, it works. Now it's the only possible solution...

Thank you for your help!!

Goglus