req help with Frontpage v3
Fra : tony

Dato : 24-05-01 01:00

My OS = Win NT4 on PC
Got two problems with Frontpage v3.0.2
1) when I create a hover button everything works fine until I save the file
I'm working on. After I've saved the file the hover button disappears and
becomes a just grey block in the preview pane. What's the solution for this?
2) I'm trying to create a drop-down menu where the entries in it are
hyperlinks that activate when selected. I can't get the entries to act as
hyperlinks and can't find anything in the online help. How do I sort this?
ps. I'm a beginner so please go easy...
Thanks

Fra : Andreas Paasch

Dato : 24-05-01 15:25

Tony,

don't worry, we will go easy on you. But, first of all, you write in english
to the danish NG ... just for your info.

Now, first, hover buttons.
In order to make them work, you have to copy the two class files into that
directory, where you are using those hover buttons. They are named:
fphover.class and fphoverx.class.
That should be your first solution and make it work.
Don't forget, if you have those hover buttons in several directories, those
..class-files have to be in EACH directory.

Regarding your drop-down menu, I'd like to see the code so I can see how you
create that list in order to make those hyperlinks work.

Regards,
Andreas Paasch
Denmark

Fra : tony

Dato : 24-05-01 22:08

thanks for your reply Andreas.
sorry about bursting into a Danish room and speaking English...
Regarding the hover buttons, where do I find these files - fphover.class and
fphoverx.class?

Fra : Andreas Paasch

Dato : 25-05-01 00:35

Tony,

don't worry, we can even help you here.

Those class files should be somewhere in your web, more specifically I
assume they are to be found in the folder where you first used the hover
button.

If you can't find them, use your windows explorer to initiate a search for
them.
I don't use hover buttons, as they take up too much time to load. And as
it's been a while now, I can't guide you 100% about there location.

Regards,
Andreas Paasch

Fra : Andreas Paasch

Dato : 25-05-01 00:37

Tony,

BTW, the english NG is microsoft.public.frontpage - I'm reading and
answering that one too

Fra : tony

Dato : 25-05-01 22:36

okay thanks