Hash øger risikoen for at få psykoser
Fra : Jesper

Dato : 29-01-05 10:17

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4052963.stm

Cannabis raises risk of psychosis
Cannabis
The health effects of cannabis are controversial
Frequent cannabis use during adolescence and young adulthood raises the
risk of psychotic symptoms later in life, research suggests.

The risk was much higher in young people who were already genetically
vulnerable to developing psychosis.

It is thought cannabis disrupts the balance of the key mood chemical
dopamine in the brain.

The research, by Maastricht University, is published by the British
Medical Journal.

It focused on 2,437 young people aged 14 to 24 who were monitored for
four years.

After adjusting for factors such as social and economic status and use
of other drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, the researchers found cannabis use
moderately increased the risk of psychotic symptoms.

However, the effect was much stronger in those with a predisposition for
psychosis.

And the researchers said their findings did not support the theory that
the link was simply down to people with such a predisposition being more
likely to use cannabis, rather than cannabis in some way making
psychosis more likely.

There was little evidence that people who were genetically vulnerable to
psychosis were any more likely to indulge in drug taking, they found.

Warning on use

Lead researcher Professor Jim van Os told the BBC News website that
using cannabis was not a good idea for these people.

He said: "If there is a family or personal history of mental frailty -
stay away form it!"

Martin Barnes, chief executive of the charity DrugScope, said: "The
research underlines that there are potentially serious health risks
associated with cannabis use, particularly for young people.

"The challenge is to ensure that messages on cannabis use are understood
by teachers and health professionals working with young people and
conveyed in ways that young people will listen to.

"Shock tactics alone rarely work, but we need to get across that just
because you know people who appear to be OK using cannabis, it doesn't
mean that are or that it will be OK for you.

"After reclassification, which DrugScope supports, cannabis remains an
illegal drug. Most young people know that cannabis is illegal and
harmful, but some may not appreciate what the harms can be."

Dinah Morley, of the charity Young Minds, said the study added to
previous work suggesting an association between cannabis and psychosis.

"It gives support to the emerging understanding that a predisposition to
psychosis combined with the early abuse of cannabis has an increased
likelihood of triggering a psychotic illness.

"Further exploration of why this should happen - in terms of
neurological development - will be needed.

"Nevertheless it is time to ensure that this information is in the
public domain and, most importantly, available to teachers who are
health educators in schools."

Disturbing consequences

Marjorie Wallace, Chief Executive of the mental health charity Sane,
said: "Britain's position as the cannabis capital of Europe could have
hidden and disturbing consequences.

"We need to make the risks known, clamp down on drug dealing in such
places as playgrounds and hospital wards, and change perceptions of
cannabis from being a recreational relaxant to a dangerous substance for
those who are vulnerable."

Cliff Prior, of the mental health charity Rethink, called for clearer
warning about use of the drug.

He said: "Reclassification has sent out a mixed and confusing message.

"There is a strongly-held view that cannabis is risk-free, reflected in
the rates of its use among young people.

"Cannabis is not risk free. We have known for years that using cannabis
makes the symptoms of schizophrenia far worse in people who already have
the illness.

"There is a rapidly growing body of evidence showing that cannabis can
trigger schizophrenia in people already at risk - and probably even in
people who should only be low risk."

--
Lystfiskeri er en fiskesnøre med en torsk i begge ender...
DVD Collection:

Fra : Bo Warming

Dato : 29-01-05 10:45

"Jesper" <spambuster@users.toughguy.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Cannabis raises risk of psychosis

Selvfølgelig vælges rusmidler af dem der er udstødt af samfundet,
- og psykoser rammer jo netop dem der er udstødt af samfundet,
-- så statistisk er overlappet ENORMT

Det betyder ikke at den velafballancerede (fx Rifbjerg eller
KløvedalReich)type får skadet sin hjerne af stort hverdagsforbrug af dyre
eller billige hash-nydelsesmidler.

Er du i social deroute, så nyd turen med fx dette redskab - alt hvad ikke
skader andre fysisk bør være tilladt

Lav selvtillid er ÅRSAG
og udstødelse VIRKNING-U
og hashforbrug er VIRKNING-H
(to virkninger der følger af en fælles tilgrundliggende årsag)

Nævenyttige bureaukrater(oprindelig især i USA) påstår - som alibi for
kontrol - ,
at hash er årsag til udstødelse og dermed voldskriminalitet(så kan de få
job med kontrol).
Dette er overfladisk og falsk logik - svarende til, hvis du siger at
italienere er mørkhårede fordi de spiser flere appelsiner end os, dvs
appelsiner farver håret
..
(men billedet forvirres af, at U og H virker tilbage på selvtillid, så denne
ofte forværres og man kommer ind i en dårlig cirkel a la social arv)

Fra : Martin Kristensen

Dato : 29-01-05 12:18

"Jesper" <spambuster@users.toughguy.net> wrote in message

> Cannabis raises risk of psychosis

Det har man vidst i årtier, men kun godt at det bliver slået fast endnu
en gang. Det der så er brug for nu er, at denne viden bliver kommunikeret
ud til folkeskoleeleverne.

--
Venlig hilsen
Martin Kristensen

Fra : Mogens

Dato : 01-02-05 14:25

"Martin Kristensen" <inv@l.id> skrev i en meddelelse
> "Jesper" <spambuster@users.toughguy.net> wrote in message
>
> > Cannabis raises risk of psychosis
>
> Det har man vidst i årtier, men kun godt at det bliver slået fast endnu
> en gang. Det der så er brug for nu er, at denne viden bliver kommunikeret
> ud til folkeskoleeleverne.
>
> --
> Venlig hilsen
> Martin Kristensen

Men hvad hjælper det , hvis de ikke har lært at læse , og ikke hører efter i
timerne ?

Mogens