QuicKeys, "All Applications (except exclud~
Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 14-12-04 09:58

I'm using QuicKeys X2 on my G4/867, but have encountered a problem.

In the QuicKeys Editor window you can see the option "All Applications
(except excluded) in the scope part of the window, to the left.

How do I select these excluded applications? Right now, I want to
exclude VirtualPC {all versions} and Remote Desktop Connections from
shortcut triggers using the keys F01-F15 - and for obvious reasons.

--
Per Erik Rønne

Fra : Gerry

Dato : 14-12-04 18:01

In article <1gos3gf.18aonr51t76vu8N%spam@husumtoften.invalid>, Per
R¿nne <spam@husumtoften.invalid> wrote:

> I'm using QuicKeys X2 on my G4/867, but have encountered a problem.
>
> In the QuicKeys Editor window you can see the option "All Applications
> (except excluded) in the scope part of the window, to the left.
>
> How do I select these excluded applications? Right now, I want to
> exclude VirtualPC {all versions} and Remote Desktop Connections from
> shortcut triggers using the keys F01-F15 - and for obvious reasons.

If you have a shortcut for F01, for instance, find it on the right-side
panel, while viewing all operable shortcuts. Select it, edit it, add
an application to be excluded to the scope of that specific hotkey.

That's as close as I can recall. I upgraded to vX3 yesterday...

--
History is a set of lies agreed upon.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Fra : Per Rønne

Dato : 14-12-04 21:56

Gerry <address@domain.com> wrote:

> In article <1gos3gf.18aonr51t76vu8N%spam@husumtoften.invalid>, Per
> Rønne <spam@husumtoften.invalid> wrote:

> > I'm using QuicKeys X2 on my G4/867, but have encountered a problem.

> > In the QuicKeys Editor window you can see the option "All Applications
> > (except excluded) in the scope part of the window, to the left.

> > How do I select these excluded applications? Right now, I want to
> > exclude VirtualPC {all versions} and Remote Desktop Connections from
> > shortcut triggers using the keys F01-F15 - and for obvious reasons.

> If you have a shortcut for F01, for instance, find it on the right-side
> panel, while viewing all operable shortcuts. Select it, edit it,

No problems here.

> add n application to be excluded to the scope of that specific hotkey.

But where? I only see where to INclude applacations.

> That's as close as I can recall. I upgraded to vX3 yesterday...

I'll probably do the same too. Very soon.
--
Per Erik Rønne

Fra : Gerry

Dato : 14-12-04 23:11

In article <1got08o.160m6vy96xfg8N%spam@husumtoften.invalid>, Per R¿nne
<spam@husumtoften.invalid> wrote:

> > add the application to be excluded to the scope of that specific hotkey.
>
> But where? I only see where to INclude applacations.
>
> > That's as close as I can recall. I upgraded to vX3 yesterday...
>
> I'll probably do the same too. Very soon.

Actually if you write email to them directly it is *stunning* how
quickly they respond.

From the v3x manual (hopefully it works the same):

> Excluded Applications Ð You can designate any application as being
> ÒExcludedÓ from the All Applications scope. Applications so
> designated, when front-most, prevent the triggering of shortcuts that
> are scoped to All Applications. For example, if you exclude iMovie
> from All Applications, shortcuts scoped to All Applications will not
> trigger if iMovie is the front-most application.

So you will be excluding VPC from any macro that purports to cover "All
Applications" this way.

These other items, from the same source, may be of some use:

> 'V Note: If you right-click on the All Applications scope it
> contains an additional contextual menu item named Excluded
> Applications. Selecting this will open the Excluded Applications
> window which lists any applications you have designated as not
> working with triggers scoped to All Applications. For example, if you
> add iMovie to this list, shortcuts scoped to All Applications will
> not trigger when you hit their hot key while using iMovie.

They indicate that "Excluded Applications" can be found under the
Window drop-down. I'm not sure it's there with v2.x.

And...

> Exclude Applications You can easily add an application to the
> Excluded list by selecting Excluded Applications from QuicKeys¼
> Window menu and choosing the desired application from the pop-up
> list in the resulting window. Only running applications are listed
> so you will need to choose Select Application from the pop-up and
> navigate to the desired application if it is not running. To remove
> an application from this list, simply click on the application name
> and press your delete key, or right-click on it and choose Remove
> from the contextual menu.

Hopefully this will be of use, at the very least, after you drop
another $29.95....

--
Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an
acquaintance or a stranger.