A Cool and totally free HTML Tutorial
Fra : Bigboy2k

Dato : 17-05-01 18:36

HI there.

I am currently designing my own website which is a Tutorila for HTML
(Totally Free)

It is still not finished yet but check it out and tell me what you think,
and how i could improve it

http://htmltutor.iwarp.com

The page currently works only with internet explorer 5.0 and above and only
have a few lessons but still i would be greatful if you could tell me what
you people think!. An i suppose you could sign my guestbook!

Thanx

oh! one more thing! does anyone out there know what the default text size is
in internet explorer because mine is set to smaller and that is what i have
designed my website on but alot of other computers i have been on have it
set to medium. Medium makes my page go all wierd!

How could i stop this happening and what is the default size??

Just incase i aint made it clear its the option in the view menu and then
text size!

thanx again!

Taylor

Fra : Jim

Dato : 17-05-01 20:10

On Thu, 17 May 2001 18:36:05 +0100, "Bigboy2k" <Bigboy2k@talk21.com>
wrote:

>HI there.
>
>I am currently designing my own website which is a Tutorila for HTML
>(Totally Free)
>
>It is still not finished yet but check it out and tell me what you think,
>and how i could improve it
>
>http://htmltutor.iwarp.com
>
>The page currently works only with internet explorer 5.0 and above and only
>have a few lessons but still i would be greatful if you could tell me what
>you people think!. An i suppose you could sign my guestbook!
>
>Thanx
>
>oh! one more thing! does anyone out there know what the default text size is
>in internet explorer because mine is set to smaller and that is what i have
>designed my website on but alot of other computers i have been on have it
>set to medium. Medium makes my page go all wierd!
>
>How could i stop this happening and what is the default size??
>
>Just incase i aint made it clear its the option in the view menu and then
>text size!
>
>thanx again!
>
>Taylor

Taylor,

I checked out your site, and it seems OK, but I have to admit I
question the need for it. There are quite a few free tutorial sites
already available, such as:

Webmonkey http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/ ,and
PageTutor at http://www.pagetutor.com/ .

Some of the tutorials at PageTutor are not free any longer, but the
"Basic HTML Tutor", "Table Tutor", "Form Tutor", and the beginnings of
the "Frame Tutor" are still free.

I would also loose the little animated graphics on some of your pages
that could be considered by some to be objectionable, as well as the
"Funny Pix" that many people may not find very funny. You have to
keep in mind the different people that could come to your site (as
well as their ages) when designing your pages. There are quite a few
younger kids out there that may be interested in learning HTML, and
you need to remember that.

All in all I can see have put some real effort into your site, and I
commend you for that. Your pages don't resize too well, but with all
the graphics you have there, you might not be able to do much about
that. Go over your grammar, and capitalization though, because it is
needed very badly. You really should remove the "Vote For This Site"
on your opening page, at least until the site is finished.

Jim

Fra : Bigboy2k

Dato : 17-05-01 21:11

Thanx jim for takin the time to check my page out!

i wll be takin into consideration some of the points you mentioned and most
probably remove the funny pix and animations.

thanx

Taylor

Fra : Jukka K. Korpela

Dato : 17-05-01 21:15

"Bigboy2k" <Bigboy2k@talk21.com> wrote:

> http://htmltutor.iwarp.com

As usual, a site purported to teach HTML fails to pass even simple HTML
syntax validation itself:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.
big-t2000.freeserve.co.uk%2Fboth%2Fhtmltutor%2F>

There are several good introductions to HTML, such as those listed at
http://www.malibutelecom.com/yucca/HTML3.2/2.1.html
There might be room for new good introductions (written for different
people, in different style and emphasis etc.), but it's useful to read a
few of them before trying to write a new one.

Followups trimmed.

--
Yucca, http://www.malibutelecom.com/yucca/
alias http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/