Kashmir: Mom in Love, Daddy in Space
Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 12-05-01 03:04

Okay I have a question...what are Kashmir singing about in this song? I
don't understand it. Now I know I know, I guess I should understand it best
since my first language is English, but I don't!! hehe he sings..

Every home should have a Mom in love and a Daddy in space
chinese porcelain......???
to guide her love in the window space
show her some respect she's all worn down!

At least that's what I *hear* him singing about. It's a *catchy* song though
maybe that's all that counts? :) I dunno maybe it's just me! :) I've never
been the best at understanding lyrics anyways....:o/

*Michelle*

:::We're so DiSco:::

Fra : Vuorela

Dato : 12-05-01 10:07

>Every home should have a Mom in love and a Daddy in space
>chinese porcelain......???
>to guide her love in the window space
>show her some respect she's all worn down!
chinese porcelain cats to guard her love

/sune

Fra : nikolaj borg

Dato : 12-05-01 13:59

"mydarkstar" <mydarkstar@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Okay I have a question...what are Kashmir singing about in this song? I
> don't understand it. Now I know I know, I guess I should understand it
best
> since my first language is English, but I don't!! hehe he sings..

You should tjeck out www.kashmir.dk
The page is in english and not as odd as the original one (trust me, that
one was odd). I found the lyrics in there:

Mom In Love, Daddy In Space

Walking bones choose your own direction.
Go have fun some place else.
Bring your soul and your Beach Boys records.
I can´t stand to have you here.
So worn out, cold and dehydrated.
The fortune is spent, and dad is in space.

Every home should have a mom in love
and a daddy in space.
Chinese porcelain cats to guard her love
In the window space
Show her some respect, she´s all worn down.

For years to come I will not forget you.
As my son, as my pain.
Time will heal what now feels so wounded.
Tears are spilled, the holes will fill.

Every home should have a mom in love...

Written by: Kasper Eistrup

Does this help a bit? If you tjeck out some other of Eistrup's lyrics you
may notice that he is a rather emotional, melancolic person.

/Nikolaj

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 12-05-01 19:52

"nikolaj borg" <nsipkaoml@jborg.dk> wrote in message
> Does this help a bit? If you tjeck out some other of Eistrup's lyrics you
> may notice that he is a rather emotional, melancolic person.

Ok! :) Yeah it did help a little bit hehe thanks for the information,
Nikolaj! Yeah, I'll check out the website.

*Michelle*

:::We're so DiSco:::

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 14-05-01 20:27

"mydarkstar"
> Okay I have a question...what are Kashmir singing about in this song? I
> don't understand it. Now I know I know, I guess I should understand it best
> since my first language is English, but I don't!! hehe he sings..

Here's an answer from me (cutting and pasting the lyrics from Nikolaj):

> Walking bones choose your own direction.
> Go have fun some place else.
> Bring your soul and your Beach Boys records.
> I can´t stand to have you here.
> So worn out, cold and dehydrated.
> The fortune is spent, and dad is in space.

Walking bones might refer to Eisner himself who's rather skinny.
Maybe not specifically to him. The verse definately seems to be
the words of a mother who is more than ready to let go of her
son. She's the one who's worn out etc.

> Every home should have a mom in love
> and a daddy in space.
> Chinese porcelain cats to guard her love
> In the window space
> Show her some respect, she´s all worn down.

Maybe the dad is really in space. Maybe he's dead. Maybe he's
left the mother and she's told an exciting lie. Maybe she's still in
love with him. How exactly cats made out of porcelain placed in
the window are meant to guard anyone is not clear to me (as if
anything else about this song is). For all I know, "her love" might
refer to the son as well as to the father.

> For years to come I will not forget you.
> As my son, as my pain.
> Time will heal what now feels so wounded.
> Tears are spilled, the holes will fill.

The mother again. Obviously there are wounds in the relationship
between mother and son. Are the wounds the holes that will fill?
Probably. - The not-too-clear poetry of it all keeps the mystery
of the song intact for the listener.

Not sure I'm right, but I gave it a go and sat down and looked at
the words for the first time. I dare you, the reader, to challenge my
reading of it.

PS: Michelle, have you received my e-mail of the 1st of May?

--
Peter Brandt Nielsen
http://brandtnielsen.adr.dk

Fra : mydarkstar

Dato : 14-05-01 22:31

"Peter Brandt Nielsen" <brandt@etklikherfra.dk> wrote in message
> Here's an answer from me (cutting and pasting the lyrics from Nikolaj):

Ooh thanks Peter! :)

> > Walking bones choose your own direction.
> > Go have fun some place else.
> > Bring your soul and your Beach Boys records.
> > I can´t stand to have you here.
> > So worn out, cold and dehydrated.
> > The fortune is spent, and dad is in space.
>
> Walking bones might refer to Eisner himself who's rather skinny.
> Maybe not specifically to him. The verse definately seems to be
> the words of a mother who is more than ready to let go of her
> son. She's the one who's worn out etc.

Ah how did you figure out that, yeah that's gotta be it! :) I see it now!

> > Every home should have a mom in love
> > and a daddy in space.
> > Chinese porcelain cats to guard her love
> > In the window space
> > Show her some respect, she´s all worn down.
>
> Maybe the dad is really in space. Maybe he's dead. Maybe he's
> left the mother and she's told an exciting lie. Maybe she's still in
> love with him. How exactly cats made out of porcelain placed in
> the window are meant to guard anyone is not clear to me (as if
> anything else about this song is). For all I know, "her love" might
> refer to the son as well as to the father.

Hmm ok why should every home have a dad in space though? Oh well! :) That's
what always confused me.

> > For years to come I will not forget you.
> > As my son, as my pain.
> > Time will heal what now feels so wounded.
> > Tears are spilled, the holes will fill.
>
> The mother again. Obviously there are wounds in the relationship
> between mother and son. Are the wounds the holes that will fill?
> Probably. - The not-too-clear poetry of it all keeps the mystery
> of the song intact for the listener.

Ah you're so clever. :)

> Not sure I'm right, but I gave it a go and sat down and looked at
> the words for the first time. I dare you, the reader, to challenge my
> reading of it.

Haha well when I would hear the song...I never really paid attention to any
of the lyrics except the chorus so it confused me. Now that I've seen them
all I understand. :)

> PS: Michelle, have you received my e-mail of the 1st of May?

Yeah yeah thanks Peter. I'll respond to it later tonight maybe (I have been
busy with exams but not anymore yay!), sorry I didn't give you a buzz when I
finished reading your spectacular collection of words haha. See you! :))

*Michelle*

:::Look at the stars look how they shine for you:::

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 15-05-01 14:30

"mydarkstar"
> Hmm ok why should every home have a dad in space though? Oh well! :) That's
> what always confused me.

Maybe it's irony, a type of false nostalgia. Or maybe it's a sort of
recognition that it wasn't so bad or something. But I'm not so sure
of that.

Fra : Adam Sjøgren

Dato : 15-05-01 00:10

On Mon, 14 May 2001 21:26:33 +0200, Peter Brandt Nielsen wrote:

> Walking bones might refer to Eisner himself who's rather skinny.

Eistrup...

Mvh.

--
"kalasbyxor, ettagluttare, blängsylta, lånbytas Adam Sjøgren
sockiplast, tjejlöss, killbaciller, gosedjur..." asjo@koldfront.dk

Fra : Peter Brandt Nielsen

Dato : 15-05-01 14:27

"Adam Sjøgren"
> > Walking bones might refer to Eisner himself who's rather skinny.
>
> Eistrup...

Tæt på. Men dog en grim fejl, som jeg ærbødigst undskylder.

--
Peter Brandt Nielsen http://brandtnielsen.adr.dk
Dansk Whitney Houston-hjemmeside http://www.whitney.dk