Mappeindstillinger
Fra : WebLex

Dato : 01-06-04 11:25

Jeg har tjekket "Husk hver mappes visningsindstillinger" af under
Mappeindstillinger, men alligevel bliver min trofaste xp ved med at glemme
det. Det virker ligesom om, at der er begrænset plads til at gemme disse
indstillinger.

Har jeg ret i det? Og findes der en metode til udvidelse af "hukommelsen"?

Fra : Lars Holm Thomsen

Dato : 01-06-04 14:47

On 01 Jun 2004 10:24:38 GMT, WebLex <weblex@mail.com> wrote:

>Jeg har tjekket "Husk hver mappes visningsindstillinger" af under
>Mappeindstillinger, men alligevel bliver min trofaste xp ved med at glemme
>det. Det virker ligesom om, at der er begrænset plads til at gemme disse
>indstillinger.
>
>Har jeg ret i det? Og findes der en metode til udvidelse af "hukommelsen"?

Sometimes you'll customize a folder (view, position, or the folder's
display options) and upon restarting the changes haven't been saved. Or,
the settings work for few days and then XP forgets it?

This is due to that fact that Windows XP remembers the settings for 400
folders, by default. As and when you customize more folders (and
sub-folders), the 400 mark is reached easily and the old settings are
lost, just like a System Restore point. Microsoft has introduced a tweak
(through TweakUI Powertoy), using which the 400 limit can be bypassed.
Though TweakUI is a great tool, this particular function of TweakUI does
not work as it alters a different registry key. Windows XP allows a
maximum of 8000 (default being 400). To prevent Windows XP forgetting
the folder folder customization, increase the limit to 5000 or till
8000, with no performance issues. From what I've heard, the developers
tested it with 10000 and for some reason made 8000 as the highest limit,
which is more than sufficient.

Set the "BagMRU Size" (key) to 5000 (value as decimal) (or upto 8000) in
the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam

NOTE: Always backup the registry before editing it.

Click "Decimal" and type the 'BagMRU Size' value (5000)

For more information, please see Microsoft Knowledgebase article Q813711
Titled:
Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost or incorrect

Workaround:

If you don't want to increase the folder cache value or want to know a
temporary workaround.

Open a folder. Click Tools, Folder Options, View and click "Reset All
Folders". (This resets all the folder view settings). Close the folder.
Open and customize the folder again. Click View > Apply to All Folders.
Please remember, XP will tend to forget the settings once the 400 mark
is reached.

Lars

Fra : Jan Rose Iversen

Dato : 01-06-04 17:53

Hvis du ikke tør at pille i registrerings basen, har jeg en lille regfil fra
det tyske PC-Welt som øger tallet fra 400 til 4096.

Hilsen Jan "Post"

Fra : WebLex

Dato : 01-06-04 18:33

"Jan Rose Iversen" <jr.iversen@adr.dk> wrote in

> Hvis du ikke tør at pille i registrerings basen, har jeg en lille
> regfil fra det tyske PC-Welt som øger tallet fra 400 til 4096.
>
> Hilsen Jan "Post"

Jeg fandt faktisk selv en sådan her:

(nr. 2 fra toppen)

og den sætter limit til 8000. Men tak for hjælpen til jer begge