How to get fullscreen, excluding Windows s~
Fra : Soren Hansen

Dato : 01-05-01 21:59

Hi

How do i get the screen size, excluding the Windows start line? I want to
make an application, which fills the screen, but the Start line must always
be visible. Even if it sits at the sides or the top of the screen.

How do I do that!?!?!?!?

--

------------
Soren Hansen

Fra : Joona I Palaste

Dato : 01-05-01 23:04

Soren Hansen <sh.dk@get2net.dk> scribbled the following
on comp.lang.java.programmer:
> Hi

> How do i get the screen size, excluding the Windows start line? I want to
> make an application, which fills the screen, but the Start line must always
> be visible. Even if it sits at the sides or the top of the screen.

> How do I do that!?!?!?!?

AFAIK this isn't possible with the standard Java release. You have to
rely on Microsoft-specific extensions (com.ms.*).

--
/-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\

"A bicycle cannot stand up by itself because it's two-tyred."
- Sky Text

Fra : Stephen Woods

Dato : 02-05-01 01:01

The Start Menu visibility is obviously specific to Microsoft Win32
platforms. You could simply make your application start with a maximized
window (JFrame, Frame), and just make sure the "Always on Top" property is
set in the Start Menu Properties dialog box.

If you have to programmatically make sure that property is set, then you'll
have to rely on whatever proprietary tools Microsoft has provided for Java.

Stephen Woods
Altara Systems
http://www.altarasystems.com