Rock pubs in Copenhagen
Fra : Jonny boy

Dato : 17-02-04 20:13

Hello,

We're two boys in our twenties going to Copenhagen this wekend. We're
looking for pubs to go to where they play good rock music, and where the
clientel are more or less rock music fans. I've heard about places called
Vega and Loppen. Any others?
We're staying close to the big train station next to Tivoli.
And yeah, we wouldn't mind meeting some girls either.. :)

-JB

Fra : Rasmus Madsen

Dato : 17-02-04 22:44

This saturday there is a rock event called Heads and Smoke, where it is
primarily undergriound rock bands playing.
The people there are almost all true to the rock'n'roll spirit, so that
would be my suggestion.

It takes place in:
Musikcafeen
Huset i Magstræde

and it starts at about 21:00 lasting to 03:00
The price is 30 DKR for 4 concerts.

R'n'R

Fra : Jesper Brogaard

Dato : 17-02-04 22:49

Jonny boy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're two boys in our twenties going to Copenhagen this wekend. We're
> looking for pubs to go to where they play good rock music, and where
> the clientel are more or less rock music fans. I've heard about
> places called Vega and Loppen. Any others?
> We're staying close to the big train station next to Tivoli.
> And yeah, we wouldn't mind meeting some girls either.. :)

You shold visit Tex at Vestergade 7, not far from the shoppingstreet Strøget
(or Tivoli). They have live hardrock/heavy metal every friday and saturday
at midnight. I believe the doors open an hour or two earlier. Every thursday
at 11 pm thay have two DJ's playing; hard rock in one end and heavy metal in
the other. This friday the 20th it's PutoDiablo and saturday it's Faith No
More Jam (FNM covers).

In the small ballroom at Vega (Lille Vega) it's Cornerstone
(ex-Malmsteen/Royal Hunt) and Force Of Evil (ex-Mercyful Fate) this friday.
It's a concerthall, not a pub, but it's usually nightclubbing after the
show. Vega is fairly close to the central station.

Loppen is at Christiania. You'll have to go by bus or taxi to get there from
the City. I've never been to Loppen, so I wouldn't know what it's like.

Have fun!

--
Jesper Brogaard, Denmark, Europe
(Please do not reply by email)

Fra : Robert Eriksen

Dato : 17-02-04 22:54

Jonny boy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We're two boys in our twenties going to Copenhagen this wekend. We're
> looking for pubs to go to where they play good rock music, and where the
> clientel are more or less rock music fans. I've heard about places called
> Vega and Loppen. Any others?

You could try Tex Hot N Rock at Vestergade
http://www.wguides.com/city/99/73_230238.cfm

Map:
http://kort.eniro.dk/query?what=amap&streetname=Vestergade&streetnumber=7&postal_code=1456&city=K%F8benhavn+K&stq=0

> We're staying close to the big train station next to Tivoli.
> And yeah, we wouldn't mind meeting some girls either.. :)

Then go behind the train station... you'll find lots of girls there
(bring cash)

/Robert

Fra : Savatage62

Dato : 18-02-04 18:03

"Robert Eriksen" <roeBLÅBÆRGRØD@adr.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

> Jonny boy wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We're two boys in our twenties going to Copenhagen this wekend. We're
> > looking for pubs to go to where they play good rock music, and where the
> > clientel are more or less rock music fans. I've heard about places
called
> > Vega and Loppen. Any others?
>
> You could try Tex Hot N Rock at Vestergade
> http://www.wguides.com/city/99/73_230238.cfm
>
> Map:

http://kort.eniro.dk/query?what=amap&streetname=Vestergade&streetnumber=7&postal_code=1456&city=K%F8benhavn+K&stq=0

> > We're staying close to the big train station next to Tivoli.
> > And yeah, we wouldn't mind meeting some girls either.. :)
>
> Then go behind the train station... you'll find lots of girls there
> (bring cash)
>
> /Robert

Friday evening there is a cool concert in Vega.
Force Of Evil, which has the great players Hank Sherman and Michael Denner
from Mercyful Fate.
+ Bjarne Holm and Hal Patino from King Diamond + Martin from Iron Fire
playing.
They play along with a band called Cornerstone. Which is a danish act but
fronted by the former singer from Rainbow.

Both great bands.

Fra : spæf

Dato : 18-02-04 23:02

You could also try http://www.stengade30.dk/. It is a live music venue that
every friday and saturday turns into a cool 3 dancefloor rockdisco.
All kinds of people come here, from punks to a lot of nice girls.

--
Hilsen

Spæf
"live long and prosper"

Fra : Sune Mika Salminen

Dato : 19-02-04 22:41

spæf wrote:
> You could also try http://www.stengade30.dk/. It is a live music
> venue that every friday and saturday turns into a cool 3 dancefloor
> rockdisco.
> All kinds of people come here, from punks to a lot of nice girls.

....even musicians!

-Sune

--
Check out my band: www.secondnature.dk !
Replace efternavn with my last name to send mail.