White Backgrounds???
Fra : Kirsty

Dato : 11-11-03 23:31

Looking at pictures on some websites e.g. www.qvcuk.com & www.ebay.com where
an item graphic is displayed the background is a perfect white to match the
webpage.

Therefore, the original background has been taken out to leave just white
with the main image (e.g. a watch!) in the foreground.

How is this done?

Even if I try to take a picture on a white piece of paper, the use Paint
Shop Pro to 'fill' the backgound, the background colour is not consistant
enough to allow me to do this.

I have placed an example of what I mean here:

http://www.littltmissy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/example.jpg

Question is.... how is it done?

I use Paint Shop Pro and Microsoft Frontpage 2002 - but also have Adobe
Photoshop if that helps.

Thanks all!

Kirsty
(Please reply to my email as well as group!)

littltmissy2@hotmail.com

Fra : Jens Peter Karlsen

Dato : 13-11-03 03:16

Ask in a Graphics group. They can help you.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Fra : Chuck

Dato : 13-11-03 07:52

you need to have a transparent background or no background at all.

Fra : Ped

Dato : 13-11-03 16:51

Kirsty wrote:

<snip>

Are you sure that it's not just a visual illusion on your screen?
Looking at your example on my screen which is a perfectly ok screen (not
LCD) there is no trace of any background colour at all other than white.
A little colour picker program I have confirms that the box'
surroundings are 255, 255, 255 = white.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want to make transparent backgrounds
you need to use .gif formats (PaintShop Pro --> File --> Export --> GIF
optimizer). However, the examples on www.qvcuk.com are .jpg's, and your
own example is as good as theirs.

Jens L. Pedersen