mulig tolkning af matrix trilogien
Fra : Michael Lund

Dato : 11-11-03 22:35

Det her er lige blevet postet på alt.movies.the-matrix og umiddelbart giver
det meget god mening.

This dissertation is brilliant. A friend of mine sent it to me, he says the
original author is 'Liamazzi' (hope the spelling's right).
This thing ties together several elements across the 3 movies, and i feel it
addresses all issues-by first making the assumption that Neo is a cyborg..
Read on.
I have a request to all who choose to reply-please don't quote the entire
message in your reply, delete the irrelevant parts and only let the message
contain your reply, and maybe the few lines that you refer to. This
needlessly inflates the size of the whole message

Heres the usual spoiler space-

The Matrix Trilogy Explained

Neo is a machine, kinda. He is a human with enhanced genetics, enhanced
implants,

and a machine programmed mind (probably based on a "The One" template
program).

That's why, at the end of Revolutions, when his body is being taken away, he
is

shown as an orange glow. The orange glow is how the machines see each other,
and

therefore how they see Neo. It is also how Neo sees Smith inside Bane... he
is

seeing the machine program of Smith inside Bane's mind, and therefore it is
an

orange glow in the shape of the Smith.

But the orange glow isn't the only reason to believe Neo is a machine.
Throughout

the trilogy other hints are given, such as: "His neural kinetics are way
above

normal.", "He's a machine.", " Your five predecessors were by design based
on a

similar predication...", etc.

So if Neo is a machine, why was he created (as all machines must have a
purpose)?

He was created by the Oracle and the Architect to be The One. As the
Architect

explains to him: "Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced
equation

inherent to the programming of the Matrix... Your five predecessors were by

design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was
meant to

create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the

function of The One... The function of The One is now to return to the
Source,

allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the
prime

program."

Translated, the Architect is explaining that Neo was designed to be a
religious

figure to the freed humans, thus causing them to put their faith (hope) in
Neo

and to rally around him ("...sum of a remainder...". This helps to ensure
that

the freed humans are focused on Neo instead of war, and to keep them all
together

in one place, Zion (which was built by the machines for this purpose also).
Neo

is a form of control in the real world.

And just to make sure that Neo carries out his part of their plan, the
machines

programmed him with "... a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a

profound attachment to the [humans]." This, along with his enhanced
abilities and

the "guidance" of the Oracle, keeps him on the intended course.

The Architect also states that "The function of The One is now to return to
the

Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry,
reinserting the

prime program." This simply means that The One program in Neo's mind is the
most

important (prime) program in the Matrix, and that now that his mission
(purpose)

is complete, he must return to the source for deletion (all machines must
have a

purpose). The phrase "... temporary dissemination..." means that the The One

program will be used again in the next version of the Matrix. This is also
why

Neo's choice of the left door will destroy the Matrix, as there can be only
one

The One in the Matrix at any time. By staying in the Matrix Neo is
preventing it

from being reloaded, as a reload will do nothing without another The One for
the

next version. (In programming terms he is the highest priority task, and he
will

not release the Matrix program's main semaphore.)

OK, so The One is a human with enhanced genetics, enhanced implants, and a

machine programmed mind, and was created by the Oracle and the Architect to
carry

out a specific purpose (form of control in and out of the Matrix) in each

iteration of the Matrix. Now let's see how The One fits in with the entire
story

of the trilogy.

As is explained, the Matrix was created by the Architect, at the end of the
war

with the humans, as a way to control the humans and use them as a power
source (I

know, hard to believe...). The first Matrix was "... quite naturally
perfect, it

was a work of art, flawless, sublime.", while the second Matrix was
redesigned

"... to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature."

Basically Heaven and then Hell. In both cases, however, no conscious choice
was

given to the humans as to whether or not they wanted to believe in the
reality of

the Matrix. This caused the majority of humans to reject the Matrix and die
("

.... whole crops were lost.".

To solve this problem the Oracle was created, and realized correctly that
the

humans needed to be given a choice: " Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by

another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain
aspects

of the human psyche... she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of
all

test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice,
even if

they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level." So by
giving

humans a choice, even at an unconscious level that only 0.1% are ever aware
of,

they accepted the Matrix.

Unfortunately for the machines, however, a majority of the 0.1% who were
aware of

the choice usually chose the real world over the Matrix. "While this answer

functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the
otherwise

contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the
system

itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if
unchecked,

would constitute an escalating probability of disaster." The machines
therefore

also needed a way to control the 0.1% of the humans who chose the real world
over

the Matrix, thus Zion and The One were created.

As was explained earlier, Zion was built by the machines to ensure that the
freed

humans would all gather in one place, and The One was created to be their

religious figure, helping to distract them from renewed war with the
machines.

Both forms of control.

But even with Zion and The One, the unpredictability of choice ("systemic

anomaly" still forced the machines to occasionally "reload" the Matrix. This

always occurs when The One reaches the Source, which he can only do after

attaining the level of power necessary for him to defeat the Merovingian,
obtain

the Keymaker, etc. The One program is then temporarily reinserted into the
Source

(machine mainframe), in preparation for the next iteration of the Matrix. In
the

process the machines gain the knowledge and experiences of The One, allowing
them

to better predict the future behavior of the humans, and thus reduce the
systemic

anomolies.

So that is the situation at the start of the sixth iteration of the

choice-Matrix. Luckily for the humans, however, the Oracle does not want
them to

be enslaved in the Matrix any longer, or for the freed humans to be killed.
She

therefore decides to take a risk and use Neo to bring about a " revolution".

In M1 (The Matrix) she meets with The One, Neo, as she has done in the five

previous iterations of the Matrix. Normally she simply helps guide The One
to his

meeting with the Architect. Except this time the Oracle gives Neo a special

cookie, which he eats. The cookie isn't actually a cookie, though, it's an

upgrade to Neo's program. Since the Oracle created the The One program, she
can

predict exactly what Neo will do in the future, specifically how he will
destroy

Smith (from the inside, with some copying from Neo to Smith occuring). She

therefore includes in the program upgrade code that will give Smith the
ability

to replicate himself, and for Neo and Smith to see the future as she does.

In M2 (The Matrix Reloaded) Neo plays out his role as The One, meeting with
the

Architect. However, due to his love for Trinity he chooses the left door,

preventing the Matrix from reloading. This was seen in advance by the
Oracle, as

she has the ability to predict Neo's behavior (as explained above) as well
as

human behavior in general (due to the nature of her program). She therefore
told

Trinity that she would fall in love with Neo (in M1), all the while knowing
it

would eventually cause Neo to choose the left door.

In M3 (The Matrix Revolutions) the Oracle's plan comes to fruition. While
the

machines begin their assualt on Zion (for the sixth time), Smith continues

replicate himself throughout the Matrix. Neo, on the otherhand, is stuck in
the

train station. Apparently, fulfilling his mission to meet with the Architect

unlocks some section of his program that allows Neo to use his enhanced
implants

to once again become part of the machine collective (perhaps because of the

Oracle's upgrade?). He is therefore able to sense and control other machines

wirelessly. The first example of this is when he stops the sentinels at the
end

of M2. Since he is not quite ready to use his new abilities, however, his
program

gets stuck at the security checkpoint of the Matrix, the train station.

In the train station Neo meets with Rama Kandra, his wife, and their
daughter

Sati. Rama and his wife are both machines from the real world who can jack
into

the Matrix, like all other machines, and live human lives. Sati is a program

created by these two machines out of love, which Rama explains to Neo is not
out

of the grasp of the machines. They are on their way back into the Matrix to
leave

Sati with the Oracle for safe keeping, as any program without a purpose is

deleted.

After being rescued from the train station by Trinity, Morpheus, and Seraph,
Neo

is helped out of the Matrix using the standard jack. While aboard the Hammer
he

has another vision of the future, this time of the three power lines leading
from

the Matrix power station to 01, the machine city (he is able to see the
power

lines due to his newfound connection to the machine collective). He
therefore

takes the Logos, along with Trinity, and leaves for 01. Along the way he

confronts the stowaway Bane (who has the Smith program inside of him), and
is

blinded by him. Although blind, Neo is still able to see other machines
(orange

glow), including the Smith program inside Bane, which he uses to defeat
Bane. He

also uses his power to control other machines to detonate the bombs fired at
the

Logos by the 01 defenses.

Meanwhile Smith is replicating out of control in the Matrix, and eventually

confronts the Oracle after taking over Seraph and Sati. They have a brief

conversation in which he calls her "Mom", referring to the fact that she
helped

to create him (along with the Architect) as well as Neo (part of his program

now). The Oracle then tells Smith to "Do what you came here to do.", so he
takes

over her as well. The newly formed Smith then stands up and laughs
hysterically,

foreshadowing the events at the end of the movie.

Eventually the Logos crashes in 01, but not before Neo gets a top-down view
of

the orange glowing city with his newfound machine-vision (notice the fractal

patterns). Unfortunately Trinity is killed in the crash, and explains to Neo
that

both of them have been living on borrowed time. Neo since he was resurrected
by

Trinity, and Trinity since she was resurrected by Neo. Both are meant to die
and

Trinity is simply happy for the opportunity this time to tell Neo how she
feels

about him. (But shame on the brothers for killing off Trinity in such a lame
way.

Couldn't she have at least died trying to save the ship, not just letting it

crash!)

Neo then leaves the Logos and enters the machine building into which it
crashed

(the building is seen in the same orange glowing machine-vision). He is then

confronted by the Deus Ex Machina, who knows that Neo is the only one who
can

stop Smith from destroying the Matrix, but still shows hatred toward Neo
(due to

the fact that he is mostly human). After a show of force, the Deus Ex
Machina

agrees to peace with the humans in exchange for Neo's promise to destroy
Smith.

This causes the sentinels to halt their attack on the Zion temple, the last

holdout of the remaining humans (the dock and city have already been
destroyed).

The machines then jack Neo into the Matrix, since he has not yet mastered
the

ability to do so wirelessly (this theme of Neo having to learn to use his
new

abilities runs throughout the trilogy). Neo then confronts Smith, who says
he has

seen the future, and that he (the one particular Smith) is the one that
defeats

Neo. The other Smiths (all of the other people in the Matrix have now been
taken

over by him) therefore only watch as the fight begins.

After a brutal battle Neo is near defeat, but continues to fight. When asked
why

he does so, Neo responds " Because I choose to.", echoing the theme in M2
that

"Everything begins with choice." (the only way humans achieve true freedom).
But

even though he delivers a stunning punch to Smith which sends him through
the

ground, Neo is eventually defeated. Before Smith takes him over he pauses,

however, realizing that he has seen this very moment in his visions, and he

already knows what he is going to say. " Everything that has a beginning has
an

end..." he mutters confusedly. This causes Neo to realize that the Oracle
still

exists somewhere inside of Smith, and that she is partially able to control
his

thoughts. Taking his cue from the Oracle, Neo freely gives himself to Smith.

Thus Neo is defeated, and Smith's original purpose, to defeat The One (which
he

is never really expected to achieve, which leads to his bad temperment) is

accomplished. Smith therefore no longer has a purpose and must be deleted.
But

since programs marked for deletion must return to the source, how is Smith
to be

deleted? Simple, the machines send the command through Neo, into Smith,
using a

burst of energy. This causes all of the Smith clones, and the original
Smith, to

be deleted, leaving the original inhabitants of the bodies he has taken over

(this is a basic function of the agent programs, that they leave their hosts
as

they found them, with death being the only exception).

This then completes another revolution in the Matrix cycle, as The One has

reached the Source and has reinserted the prime program (Neo's program, his

knowledge and experiences). The Matrix is then reloaded back to it's initial

state, the late 20th century.

The Oracle then meets with Sati, Seraph, and the Architect in a park outside
the

city as the sun rises over it. The Architect tells her that she was playing

"very risky game", and she asks him if he will honor the promise of peace.
He

says that he will, since he is not human (meaning humans do not keep their

promises, an insult). This means that those people who unconsciously become
aware

of the Matrix and choose to leave will be freed, and those living in Zion
will

not be killed. The war between man and machine is over, or at least
suspended.

Looking upon the sunrise the Oracle asks Sati if that was her doing, and the
girl

responds that she did it for Neo (made the sun rise). Apparently Neo's
experience

with love, which was uploaded from him to the Source, caused the machines to
show

pity on Sati and give her a purpose instead of deleting her. She is now in

control of the sun. Sati also asks the Oracle if they will ever see Neo
again,

and the Oracle replies that they might, indicating that the The One program
will

be used again in the future, as it had been for the previous six iterations
of

the Matrix. M3 therefore ends where M1 began, except that now the humans who

become aware of the Matrix will be freed (a decent compromise if you ask
me).

--

,0.
,11111111111111.
:3333333333333333.
:4444. `4444.
:5555. `5555.
:6666. :66. ,6. ,.
:7777. :7777. ,77777777777. `7777.
,7777.
:9999. :99; ,9999999999999. `9999. :999;
::::::::::::::::::::; ,::. :::. `:::::::::;
:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<; :<<. ,<<<<<; :<<<<<.
:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<. :<<. ,<<<<<<; :<<<<<.
:????. `???????. `??????????; ,??????????.
:BBBB. `BBBBBBB. :BBBBB. ,BBBB; `BBBB.
:DDDD. `DDDDDD. `DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. ,DDDD; :DDD.
`DDDD; `DDDDD. `DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD; `DDD;
`DDDD.
`D; `DDD; `DDDDDDDDDDD; `
`DD;

If I save the whales, where do I keep them?

Fra : Lars Hoffmann

Dato : 11-11-03 23:08

Michael Lund escribió / skrev

> The Architect also states that "The function of The One is now to
> return to the
> Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry,
> reinserting the
> prime program." This simply means that The One program in Neo's
> mind is the most
> important (prime) program in the Matrix, and that now that his
> mission (purpose)
> is complete, he must return to the source for deletion (all
> machines must have a
> purpose).

Nej, det er ikke hvad der bliver sagt. "The code you carry" er "the
One" programmet og "the prime program" er Neo. hvilket vil sige, som
Martin Ohlssen skriver i <news:3fad65fe$0$9800
$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>, så bliver Neo overskrevet med The One
programmet da han dør i den første Matrix og det er det progrom der skal
igennem en "dessemination" og Neos menneskelige krop skal have hans
originale (prime) program geninstalleret.

> The phrase "... temporary dissemination..." means that the The One
> program will be used again in the next version of the Matrix.

The One programmet er ikke et program som sådan - Det er et spildprodukt
af the Matrix. Det bliver ikke brugt igen, men opstår ufriviligt efter
et stykke tid.

> OK, so The One is a human with enhanced genetics, enhanced implants,
> and a machine programmed mind,

At The One er et program der bliver udført inde i et menneske er jeg
enig i. Alt det med Implants og enhanced genetics kan jeg ikke rigtig se
hvor forfatteren får fra.

> The cookie isn't actually a cookie, though, it's an
> upgrade to Neo's program.

Så kammer det vist helt over for forfatteren.

Jeg tror han begrunder sin tekst med lidt for mange antagelser og lidt
god fri fantasi - men det er da meget sjovt at læse.
MEd venlig hilsen
Lars Hoffamnn

Fra : Lars Haugaard

Dato : 11-11-03 23:16

Ja det gir mening. Havde slet ikke tænkt over det på den måde

Fra : MP Jakobsen

Dato : 11-11-03 23:23

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:34:47 +0100, Michael Lund wrote:

> Det her er lige blevet postet på alt.movies.the-matrix og umiddelbart giver
> det meget god mening.
>

> This dissertation is brilliant. A friend of mine sent it to me, he says the
> original author is 'Liamazzi' (hope the spelling's right).
> This thing ties together several elements across the 3 movies, and i feel it
> addresses all issues-by first making the assumption that Neo is a cyborg..
> Read on.
> I have a request to all who choose to reply-please don't quote the entire
> message in your reply, delete the irrelevant parts and only let the message
> contain your reply, and maybe the few lines that you refer to. This
> needlessly inflates the size of the whole message
>
> Heres the usual spoiler space-

Sjov læsning - men er der ikke nogen der har lidt at byde på med hele
Jesus-analogien...? Den har vist været oppe og vende før, her i gruppen, i
forbindelse med en tidligere Matrix-film. Er Neo Jesus, og bliver han en
Engel? Med vinger.... ?

MP

Fra : No Humor Man

Dato : 11-11-03 23:54

MP Jakobsen wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:34:47 +0100, Michael Lund wrote:
>>Det her er lige blevet postet på alt.movies.the-matrix og umiddelbart giver
>>det meget god mening.
>>This dissertation is brilliant. A friend of mine sent it to me, he says the
>>original author is 'Liamazzi' (hope the spelling's right).
>>This thing ties together several elements across the 3 movies, and i feel it
>>addresses all issues-by first making the assumption that Neo is a cyborg..
>>Read on.
>>I have a request to all who choose to reply-please don't quote the entire
>>message in your reply, delete the irrelevant parts and only let the message
>>contain your reply, and maybe the few lines that you refer to. This
>>needlessly inflates the size of the whole message
>>Heres the usual spoiler space-
> Sjov læsning - men er der ikke nogen der har lidt at byde på med hele
> Jesus-analogien...? Den har vist været oppe og vende før, her i gruppen, i
> forbindelse med en tidligere Matrix-film. Er Neo Jesus, og bliver han en
> Engel? Med vinger.... ?
For mit vedkommende så syntes jeg at alt det der med at henvise til det
Nye Testamente og Jesus og alt det dér slet ikke gav mening. Ja, jeg
kan da godt se at der er nogen ting der passer sammen, men der er også
så mange andre ting der ikke passer sammen. Det ville være ligesom at
sige at Star Wars og Star Trek var det samme, bare fordi nogle af
personerne mindede om hinanden og at de begge var sci-fi.

Jeg kan godt købe teorierne med at det har hentet nogle ting fra det Nye
Testamente, men selve udførelsen af filmen minder da, imo, mere om en
eventyrsfortælling end Bibelen.

Mange historier har en *frelser*, mange har også en forrædder. Men hvis
disse ting er i historien skal man så automatisk fyldes med den teori at
det er en analogi for Bibelen? Tror jeg næppe. Det er de samme
snævertsynede teorier man hører når folk diskuterer Ringenes Herre - for
uha-da-da... det er da i hvert fald en analogi af Bibelen og Første
Verdenskrig. Yeah right... det er slet ikke fordi Ringenes Herre har så
meget mere tilfælles med f.eks. Nordisk Mytologi og engelsk folklore end
Bibelen. Men okay, folk har jo som sagt en tendens til at henvise til
det de allerede kender... for man kan jo selvfølgelig ikke henvise til
noget man ikke kender.

Det er også helt fint at nogen synes at Matrix trilogien og Ringenes
Herre henviser til kristendommen. Det er bare ikke lige det jeg tænker
når jeg ser dem. Men det er jo som sagt også bare min mening. Og den
har jeg ingen ret til at tvinge andre til at have. Syntes bare lige jeg
ville have det sagt.

--
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers
ICQ: 67778624

Fra : Kasper Damkjær

Dato : 12-11-03 12:04

No Humor Man <no.humor.man@mail.tdcadsl.dk> wrote in

>> Sjov læsning - men er der ikke nogen der har lidt at byde på med hele
>> Jesus-analogien...? Den har vist været oppe og vende før, her i
>> gruppen, i forbindelse med en tidligere Matrix-film. Er Neo Jesus, og
>> bliver han en Engel? Med vinger.... ?

> Jeg kan godt købe teorierne med at det har hentet nogle ting fra det
> Nye Testamente, men selve udførelsen af filmen minder da, imo, mere om
> en eventyrsfortælling end Bibelen.
>
> Mange historier har en *frelser*, mange har også en forrædder. Men
> hvis disse ting er i historien skal man så automatisk fyldes med den
> teori at det er en analogi for Bibelen?

Hvorfor adskille Biblen fra andre eventyr? Biblen, The Matrix, Ringenes
Herre og alle andre eventyr er vel alle skrevet med basis i mere basale
menneskelige emotioner.

Dybest set handler alt vel om Det Gode Vs. Det Onde. Definitionerne af
godt og ondt, samt hvorvidt vi har et valg mellem dem, er vel blot nogle
af de temaer der brygges eventyr på - også The Matrix.

--
Kasper Damkjær
http://damkjaer.net/

Fra : PerX ...

Dato : 13-11-03 03:41

In article <3fb155dc$0$69915$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk>,
milund@kodehaj.dk says...
> Det her er lige blevet postet på alt.movies.the-matrix og umiddelbart giver
> det meget god mening.

Så hellere den med at Mr. Smith er en metafor for Windows og Neo forsøger
at indføre Linux?

Fra : christian

Dato : 13-11-03 11:45

> Så hellere den med at Mr. Smith er en metafor for Windows og Neo forsøger
> at indføre Linux?

Det forklare hvorfor at de vil befrie folk. Hvorfor kører med windows, når
man kan kører med linux.

Fra : Henrik Lübker

Dato : 14-11-03 22:24

> Det forklare hvorfor at de vil befrie folk. Hvorfor kører med windows, når
> man kan kører med linux.

Ja, og hvorfor det er et åbent spørgsmål om nogen overhovedet vil befries
hvis de får realiteterne lagt foran dem. Hvorfor spise vælling, når man kan
få steak? ;)

Henrik