A7V8X-X og harddiske - intet virker :(
Fra : Devast8or, work

Dato : 31-07-03 12:19

Hej med jer,

Jeg har lige købt et ny mobo, men kan sq ikke få det til at gøre som jeg
vil.

Jeg har allerede skrevet et smålangt indlæg i
alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus så i får det også lige på engelsk (er på
arbejde, har ikke tid til at oversætte :)

Just bought an A7V8X-X, but I'm not impressed. It doesn't want to use any of
my drives. I have 3 harddrives, two of them with Windows installed already
(one 98SE and one W2KPro). The last one doesn't even have systemfiles on it.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to boot up on the W2K disk (and even with the
empty disk attached too). But today I can't do anything. No matter wgat
combination of drives I try it doesn't work. Booting up with the 98SE disk
just leaves it hanging. Booting up on the W2K disk I got a messag saying my
Win installation was corrupt the first time. After booting it again it just
says "Disk error - replace and press any key" or somethig to that effect.

You would think I could just boot up on a floppy, but no. I just get an I/O
error most of the time, but I've also seen another error. The floppy drive
worked fine in Windows yesterday. And I've also tried booting on a CD-ROM
but that didn't work either.

There's no consistency in when it will actually detect a dive in the BIOS
and when it won't. And if it does detect the drive in the BIOS, Ican't even
be sure it remembers it when it gets to the POST screen.

Anyone know what's up with this board? It seems to me like the controller is
FUBAR, but maybe I've some option in the BIOS. Any help would be much
appreciated - I'm running out of patience with this board :(

Other hardware in my machine includes:
XP2000+ (Palomino) (yes, properly cooled)
Creative GF4 Ti4600 (brand new, bought it along with the mobo)
512MB Samsung Supreme PC2700 RAM
2 Seagate Baracuda IV HDDs, one 60GB and one 80GB
1 Seagate 7200.7 HDD, 160GB
DVD-ROM
CD-RW
330W Enermax PSU

Oh, and I think the BIOS version on the mobo is 1003.

TIA for any help you can give me.

Devast8or