pass protect
Fra : was gio, now vinniez~

Dato : 07-07-03 21:04

I want to user protect a part of my site but when I go to tools you cant
click the server option. What's wrong?
thanx
p.s is there a good website that explains and tells you how to do things on
front page?

Fra : Andreas Paasch

Dato : 12-07-03 12:00

was gio, now vinnieza wrote:

> I want to user protect a part of my site but when I go to tools you cant
> click the server option. What's wrong?
> thanx
> p.s is there a good website that explains and tells you how to do things
> on front page?

Just read this NG again after being away for a long time.
To protect a web in frontpage, it takes a few things ready before you can
achieve that.
First of all you need the FP SE installed, the FrontPage Server Extensions.
If you have a webserver running at home with the FPSE installed, you should
be able to set the security then.
But that isn't actually what you want, you want that to be enabled at your
webhost.
So, you have to create your subweb, upload it to the webhost and there,
remotely, set the security options. You can't do that locally and then
upload the security settings. AFAIK, those files in question aren't part of
the upload system.

FrontPage is wysiwyg, what you see is what you get. No need to study deeply
to get basic stuff done. First when you want more fancy stuff, i.e.
guestbook etc. then you better study thoroughly. www.google.com is your
friend. To avoid re-asking questions that have been asked many times
before, try a search on http://groups.google.com first. If no answer found,
or none suitable to your needs, ask on usenet.

HTH,

/Andreas

--
Registeret Linux user #292411