Looking for info concerning Karen Marie Da~
Fra : Mark Dobson

Dato : 06-07-03 07:34

Hello All,
I am looking for any information on my grandfather's birth mother
Karen Marie Dalsgaard.
The background is that Karen Marie Dalsgaard had an affair in Demark,
and moved to America in 1906. She carried my grandfather Herman
Swanson Dobson on the boat. He was soon adopted in the States. Before
my grandfather died, I was able to grant his last wish by
researching much of her history, but I am still unable to find out her
husband's name. Her immigration info states she was married . It would
be of great help if anyone could do a lookup in the Aalborg parrish,
and find any marriage records.
Listed below is her info, and her daughter's information.
I do not speak, or read and Danish, english would be most helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Mark Dobson
mcdobson@adelphia.net
Vermont, USA

Name: Dalsgaard, Karen Marie
Born: April 15, 1879
Occupation: Hustru
Age: 27 Destination: NY.
Contract no.: 521400
Registration date: 11/1/1906
Birth place: Mejlby Birth place: Brorstrup
Last res. parish: Aalborg
Last res. county: Aalborg
Last residence: Aalborg
Destination country: USA
Destination city: New York City
Destination state: New York State
Name of ship: United States
Remarks: ANM: United States.
IDcode: D0507D0906

her daughter:
Name: Dalsgaard, Ragnhild
Occupation: Barn
Age: 04
Destination: NY.
Contract no.: 521400
Registration date: 11/1/1906
Birth place: Mejlby
Birth place: Brorstrup
Last res. parish: Aalborg
Last res. county: Aalborg
Last residence: Aalborg
Destination country: USA
Destination city: New York City
Destination state: New York State
Name of ship: United States
Remarks: ANM: United States.
IDcode: D0507D0907

Fra : Mark Dobson

Dato : 06-07-03 14:12

Forgot to mention her maiden name is Christiansen
Thanks,
Mark

Fra : K. Thidemann

Dato : 06-07-03 15:50

On 6 Jul 2003 06:12:28 -0700, mcdobson@adelphia.net (Mark Dobson)
wrote:

>Forgot to mention her maiden name is Christiansen
>Thanks,
>Mark
>

>mcdobson@adelphia.net (Mark Dobson) wrote in message news:<6689f98.0307052233.5a7fec2a@posting.google.com>...
>> Hello All,
>> I am looking for any information on my grandfather's birth mother
>> Karen Marie Dalsgaard.
>> The background is that Karen Marie Dalsgaard had an affair in Demark,
>> and moved to America in 1906.

http://ddd.dda.dk/kiplink_en.htm

Karen Maria Christensen, under 1 Aar, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i
Sognet ???

All persons in the household

Aalborg, Aars, Brorstrup, Meilby By i Brorstrup Sogn, , En Gaard, Nr
9, FT-1880
Following fields are shown:
Name, Age, Marital status, Position in household, Occupation , Birth
place

Christen Nielsen, 56, Gift, Husfader, Gaardejer, , Grynderup Sogn,
Aalborg Amt
Christine Christiansdatter, 41, Gift, hans Hustru, , Gundersted Sogn,
Aalborg Amt
Jens Peter Jensen, 18, Ugift, deres Barn, , Haverslev Sogn, Aalborg
Amt
Else Kirstine Christensen, 15, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i Sognet
Mads Peter Christensen, 15, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i Sognet
Niels Peter Jensen, 14, Ugift, deres Barn, , Haverslev Sogn, Aalborg
Amt
Larsine Marie Christensen, 8, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i Sognet
Therkilline Christensen, 6, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i Sognet
Ane Kirstine Christensen, 4, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i Sognet
Ane Dorthea Christensen, 2, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i Sognet
Karen Maria Christensen, under 1 Aar, Ugift, deres Barn, , Her i
Sognet
Mariane Nielsdatter, 68, Enke, Husfaderens Svigermoder der af ham
Forsørges, , Løgsted Sogn, Aalborg Amt

Med venlig hilsen
K. Thidemann
k.thidemann@mail1.stofanet.dk