WindowsMediaPlayer
Fra : peter

Dato : 17-06-03 16:07

Hello,

I built in the WindowsMediaPlayer in a form, but I can't get it working.
Does anayone have some sample-code for me?

Thanks,

Peter

Fra : Frank Adam

Dato : 17-06-03 18:58

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:06:40 +0200, "peter" <iwi@iwi.myweb.nl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I built in the WindowsMediaPlayer in a form, but I can't get it working.
>Does anayone have some sample-code for me?

May be a silly question, but what exactly doesn't work ?

Private Sub PlayFile(s as string) 's = your path to a media file
   WMP.FileName = s
   WMP.Play
End Sub

If that doesn't work, then you may be setting a file that is not
supported by the media player.

--

Regards, Frank

Fra : peter

Dato : 18-06-03 09:04

"Frank Adam" <fajp@xxxxoptushome.com.au> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:06:40 +0200, "peter" <iwi@iwi.myweb.nl> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I built in the WindowsMediaPlayer in a form, but I can't get it working.
> >Does anayone have some sample-code for me?
> >
> May be a silly question, but what exactly doesn't work ?
>
> Private Sub PlayFile(s as string) 's = your path to a media file
> WMP.FileName = s
> WMP.Play
> End Sub
>
> If that doesn't work, then you may be setting a file that is not
> supported by the media player.
>
> --
>
> Regards, Frank

What I did is:

1. create a form

2. put the Windows Media player on it

3. doubleclcked the "PLAY"-button to add the code I need to play the file
"c:\temp\heaven.mp3"

When I typede the code: "WindowsMediaPlayer1." I got a listbox with lots of
items but not the ones you mentioned (Filename, Play).

double-clicking the play-button gave me the following:

Private Sub WindowsMediaPlayer1_OpenStateChange(ByVal NewState As Long)

' WHAT CODE HERE?

End Sub

Fra : FoSweb

Dato : 18-06-03 12:11

You are using the newer WMP control...

Simply use the player.URL = Filename to set the file you want to play.
Also, this doesnt go where you have 'WHAT CODE HERE
But in the place where you load your file...

Check out
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/
vb_player_article.asp

Michael.

> double-clicking the play-button gave me the following:
>

> Private Sub WindowsMediaPlayer1_OpenStateChange(ByVal NewState As Long)
>
> ' WHAT CODE HERE?

Dont put the code for loading files here. Put code for what happens when the
user presses one of the WMP control buttons here.