what kind of box is this?
Fra : sjoerd

Dato : 10-06-03 15:47

Hi,

I want to create a listbox containing images with descriptions. I've seen
them for example in Excel where you have the possibility to change the
background color of a call. When clcicking this option a box is displayed
with a column of colored rectangles with the colorname written behind it.

How do they do this?

Sjoerd

Fra : Don@home.com

Dato : 10-06-03 16:16

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:47:02 +0200, "sjoerd" <iwi@iwi.myweb.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to create a listbox containing images with descriptions. I've seen
>them for example in Excel where you have the possibility to change the
>background color of a call. When clcicking this option a box is displayed
>with a column of colored rectangles with the colorname written behind it.
>
>How do they do this?
>
>Sjoerd

ListBox? NO... Labels! YES...
Set up a Label Control array (one for each color you want) and set each BackColor to the colors needed and the Caption to the Name (if needed).
In the Click Event use the BackColor for your settings...

Food for thought

Have a good day...

Don

Fra : Arijit

Dato : 10-06-03 19:42

"sjoerd" <iwi@iwi.myweb.nl> wrote in message news:<bc4r1g$bh6$1@news4.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a listbox containing images with descriptions. I've seen
> them for example in Excel where you have the possibility to change the
> background color of a call. When clcicking this option a box is displayed
> with a column of colored rectangles with the colorname written behind it.
>
> How do they do this?
>
> Sjoerd

You will have to use a owner-drawn listbox, which is very difficult to
create from vb. You will therefore have to use a third-party control.
You might even get a free one on the internet. However, if you are willing
to use a combo box, you can use the ImageCombo control.