help - multi language site - link to trans~
Fra : Andrea

Dato : 10-06-03 13:29

I have just designed a web site with Front-page 2000, the home page is
written in English but I would like to increase my international visibility
with translated documents. I've translated the most important pages into
foreign languages but I have trouble finding the right html formula to point
foreign visitors to the translated home pages. Basically I need a html
formula to point ,say, a Spanish web searcher toward the Spanish page. I
have inserted Spanish keywords in my English home page (and in the Spanish
page) and I have also inserted the following html formulas in the head
section of my English home page:
<LINK rel="alternate" type="text/html"
href="nameoffolder\Spanishhomepagename.htm" hreflang="es"
title="spanishpagetitle">
but it did not work, so I tried
href="nameoffolder\spanishhomepage namename.htm" title="spanishpagetitle">
no success either, when I search the web with Spanish keywords, my English
home page appears, not the Spanish home page. Why?
any suggestion?
thank you
Andrea

Fra : Jesper Brunholm

Dato : 10-06-03 14:30

Andrea wrote:

> I have just designed a web site with Front-page 2000, the home page is
> written in English but I would like to increase my international visibility
> with translated documents.

On <http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/> we are working a lot with dual-language
pages, and the link-functionality you are writing about works there.

In Explorer you do not get visible links on the pages, whereas Mozilla
1+ will open an extra toolbar when site navigation links are available

I hope you will find your needed help in our sourcecode - feel free to
look and learn

More information on the link element is availably on

<http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-link>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.3>

By the way: this group is a Danish group, and posting here is preferably
done in Danish. International groups on the subject are (a.o.)

You can search in the newsgroups with http://groups.google.com

Regards

Jesper Brunholm

--
Phønix - dansk folk-musik i front - <http://www.phonixfolk.dk/>
H.C. Andersen-Centret med nyt design: <http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/>

Fra : Jens Gyldenkærne Cla~

Dato : 11-06-03 10:30

Jesper Brunholm skrev:

> In Explorer you do not get visible links on the pages, whereas
> Mozilla 1+ will open an extra toolbar when site navigation
> links are available

Unfortunately, one has to enable the Site Navigation Bar (SNB)
before it works. The default view option for SNB is "Hide always" -
it can be changed to "Show always" or "Show only as needed" through
the menues: View => Show/Hide => Site Navigation Bar.

Opera (from version 7) has an integreted site navigation bar - that
appears (default) on pages with supported link elements.
Unfortunately, Opera does not support as many elements as Mozilla -
the link to a different language version is not shown in Opera's
SNB.
--
Jens Gyldenkærne Clausen
Svar venligst under det du citerer, og citer kun det der er