Design question; Intercolumn text
Fra : Peer W Hansen

Dato : 15-05-03 11:09

I hope this is the correct NGs to address, otherwise redirect me. I have
made the Intercolumn text to work in Microsoft Explorer (ME) but in
Netscape (NS) the text that should partially span two columns is parked
in the top-left corner. It is hard to describe so as an example see
(before the first photo):

http://www.wandel.subnet.dk/grandcanyon.html

I make two TABLEs, one with "ALIGN=RIGHT" in the left column and
"..=LEFT" in the right column, with cells of WIDTH=100 in a place I know
is opposite each other. In the left I make the text in a SPAN;

<SPAN STYLE="POSITION: ABSOLUTE; WIDTH:200px; HEIGHT:100px">The
intercolumn text</SPAN>

It work in ME - the text seem right where I want it. But in NS the text
appear in the top-left corner of the HTML-page. What can I do to make it
work in NS?

Hilsen,
Peer Wandel Hansen

Fra : brucie

Dato : 15-05-03 11:46

In post <3EC36729.3B499D29@diku.dk>
Peer W Hansen babbled:

> http://www.wandel.subnet.dk/grandcanyon.html

height is not a valid attribute of <table>
valign is not a valid attribute of <table>

a few other errors need fixing: http://validator.w3.org/

> <SPAN STYLE="POSITION: ABSOLUTE; WIDTH:200px; HEIGHT:100px">The
> intercolumn text</SPAN>
>
> It work in ME - the text seem right where I want it. But in NS the text
> appear in the top-left corner of the HTML-page. What can I do to make it
> work in NS?

i assume you're talking about NS4.x. as NS7 seems to display as you
intend. NS4.x sucks with a lot of things especially CSS. use one of
the hacks to hide the CSS from it.

hiding CSS from crappy browsers:
http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/bonus/trick-hide.html
http://www.w3development.de/css/hide_css_from_browsers/

why css sucks on ns4.x
http://css.nu/articles/About-JSSS.html

f'ups alt.html

--
brucie

Fra : Andy Mabbett

Dato : 17-05-03 14:14

In message <3EC36729.3B499D29@diku.dk>, Peer W Hansen <peer@diku.dk>
writes
>I make two TABLEs

Is this tabular data?
--
Andy Mabbett
USA imprisons children without trial, at Guantanamo Bay: