FREE FLASH ANIMATIONS, COMICS, AND CONTEST~
Fra : Benchcomics

Dato : 23-03-01 03:07

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

BenchComics.com Expands Rapidly, Adding 40 Entertainment Titles with Re-Launch.

Privately held online comic book, comic strip, Flash and 3D Animation Company,
BENCHCOMICS.COM, officially re-launched their totally revamped
www.benchcomics.com web site on Friday, March 23, 2001.

BenchComics.com has always made the promise to be "your source for FREE
Internet comics and animation" but with the latest update of nearly 40 web
titles and expansions into the realm of online music and gaming, they're poised
to be the premiere destination on the web entertainment. They feature
professional quality, creator-owned comics from around the world, as well as
top industry syndicated and licensed talent.

Over the past year, the main goal of the BenchComics.com site has grown into
becoming THE showcase for pro and novice creators' work. And they've teamed up
with the top syndicated creative providers to bring their creations to
BenchComics.com as well.

Well-known properties such as KISS, Ace Ventura, Xena, Popeye and many more
appear in weekly web episodes on BenchComics.com in stunning 3D streaming to
BenchComics.com viewers. "This arrangement with our affiliate partner BRILLIANT
DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT INC (BDE) has provided us with an immense amount of fun,
quality content on a weekly basis," stated Benny R. Powell, BenchComics.com
founder. "The level of 3D animation is astonishing in its stunning graphics,
riveting stories and incredibly fast download times."

This is not the only partnership forged by the young online entertainment
resource. In fact, BenchComics.com is a network outlet for the highest
syndicated Internet Animation Company, MONDO MEDIA. Mondo Media, creator of the
new media industry's first digital entertainment distribution network, brings
weekly FLASH/SHOCKWAVE animations on such humor titles as THUGS ON FILM, LIKE
NEWS, PIKI&POKO and ABSOLUTE ZERO. "Their content runs the gamut of poking fun
of movies, recent events, Japanese animation and the music industry," Powell
adds.

BenchComics.com also plays host to a variety of exclusive content as well. In
fact, the company founding members were all industry professionals whose works
have graced the pages of such publishers as Marvel and D.C. comics. Their
application of their experience is obvious from the moment you log onto their
site.

"Many of our would-be competitors," stated Hector Collazo, one of BenchComics'
founding creators, "Don't seem to have any true vision. They seem to be making
a lot of promises, but have little follow-through. We've been around for
awhile now, and keep our promises. That's why we're still here and growing,
and sadly many of our competitors have disappeared or filed for bankruptcy."

"Our goal isn't to be competitive though," Powell chimed in. "To be honest,
the idea sprung up as we looked at what was happening on the Internet. We
noticed that there were a lot of brilliant creators doing brilliant stuff on
the Web. But they weren't getting the attention they truly deserved. The main
reason, I felt, was because everyone was trying to do things on their own.
Rather than go down that path ourselves, I thought it would be great if we
could serve as a SINGLE entity for the very best that the Web the has to
offer."

Powell continues, "Since our inception, interest has grown by leaps and bounds.
In October 2000 we broke half a million hits in a single month! At this point,
tons of creators were contacting us about inclusion. That's when we realized
that our original layout wouldn't work. We were getting TOO big to keep up
with, too fast. So over four months ago we began the process of rebuilding
every single page from the ground up, incorporating all of the comments people
had so willingly given us. This redesign and re-launch was the direct result
of our viewers."

BenchComics.com members attribute their success and growth to their familial
nature and love of the medium. The only hope they claim to have is to build as
large of an audience as possible. Meanwhile they continue to expand. Included
in their recent changes are three new areas that are sure to garner some
interest. They are affectionately called the three C's: Contests, Cons, and
Columns.

Powell explains, "Because we wanted to truly make this an entertainment source
and resource, we added these sections. We joined with GKWorld.com as prize
providers to create what has to be the EASIEST contest of its kind. Every
month, we give out cool Anime, Video Game and Toy prizes just for being a
member of our mailing list."

"We also noted a high demand for convention information. So we set out to
compile an exhaustive listing of as many entertainment related conventions as
we could find in the U.S. We hope to eventually expand to a global listing."

Wrapping up, Powell added, "And of course our biggest expansion comes in our
columns section. We found the very best and brightest columnists and reviewers
we could, to talk every week on every entertainment-related subject we could
think of. Given the nature of our site, we obviously have several venues of
speaking about comic books and animation."

There are, however, many other topics that may be a hint into possible growth
areas for the company in the future, such as Toys, Video Games, Movies and
more. BenchComics.com's business model unites these overlapping creative
entertainment industries; comics, animation, music, movies, gaming and the web
into one seamless entity.

As Mike Vaccaro, a columnist for BenchComics.com, succinctly stated, "Our
imaginations are our only limits."

The site is updated almost daily, with many more titles waiting to be added
soon. Watch for more announcements.

CONTACT:   BenchComics.com
      c/o Benny Powell
      2490 BlackRock Turnpike #184