Hans Jacobsen og Severine Andersen - Kirke~
Fra : Gary Jacobson

Dato : 11-03-03 01:58

Jeg skal skrive på Engelsk, unskyld!

I am seeking the family of my "farfars farbror", Hans Jacobsen and his wife
Severine Andersen. Hans was born 22 December 1853 at Stestrup, Kirke
Eskilstrup Sogn, Holbæk Amt. Severine was born 18 May 1853 at Baarup, Kirke
Eskilstrup Sogn, Holbæk Amt. They were married on 30 June 1876.
They had 3 children:

1. Kristen Jakob Valdemar Jacobsen, Born: 14 October 1876 at Baarup.
2. Aksel Johannes Jacobsen, Born: 14 November 1879 at Baarup, Died 6 March
1881 at Baarup.
3. Maren Kirstine Jacobsen, Born: 1 August 1883 at Baarup.

The family moved away from Kirke Eskilstrup parish between 1883 and 1890.
(That is, they are not found on the 1890 census of Kirke Eskilstrup.)

Any help or advice to find out where Hans and Severine and their descendants
ended up would be GREATLY appreciated!

Med venlig hilsen,

Gary Jacobson
Rochester, Minnesota, USA

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 11-03-03 11:39

"Gary Jacobson" <jacobsongary@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:v6qd4c2r9jnte3@corp.supernews.com...
> Jeg skal skrive på Engelsk, unskyld!
>
> I am seeking the family of my "farfars farbror", Hans Jacobsen and his wife
> Severine Andersen. Hans was born 22 December 1853 at Stestrup, Kirke
> Eskilstrup Sogn, Holbæk Amt. Severine was born 18 May 1853 at Baarup, Kirke
> Eskilstrup Sogn, Holbæk Amt. They were married on 30 June 1876.
> They had 3 children:
>
> 1. Kristen Jakob Valdemar Jacobsen, Born: 14 October 1876 at Baarup.
> 2. Aksel Johannes Jacobsen, Born: 14 November 1879 at Baarup, Died 6 March
> 1881 at Baarup.
> 3. Maren Kirstine Jacobsen, Born: 1 August 1883 at Baarup.
>
> The family moved away from Kirke Eskilstrup parish between 1883 and 1890.
> (That is, they are not found on the 1890 census of Kirke Eskilstrup.)
>
> Any help or advice to find out where Hans and Severine and their descendants
> ended up would be GREATLY appreciated!

and what was their occupation ?

Hugh W

Fra : Gary K. Jacobson

Dato : 12-03-03 12:54

"Hugh Watkins" <hugh_watkins@net.dialog.dk> wrote in message news:<b4keca$1vrq11$1@ID-71976.news.dfncis.de>...

> and what was their occupation ?
>
> Hugh W

I do not know their occupation, but I assume that Hans was a day
laborer (daglejer), but I can't be certain. Thanks!

Gary

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 12-03-03 14:18

"Gary K. Jacobson" <jacobsongary@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f1b9cd07.0303120353.251ab28e@posting.google.com...
> "Hugh Watkins" <hugh_watkins@net.dialog.dk> wrote in message news:<b4keca$1vrq11$1@ID-71976.news.dfncis.de>...
> >
> > and what was their occupation ?
> >
> > Hugh W
>
> I do not know their occupation, but I assume that Hans was a day
> laborer (daglejer), but I can't be certain. Thanks!

Never ever assume
often a skilled man takes an unskilled job in a foriegn country

Have you looked in the next parish

the so called ripple method

or better trace him as a conscript

Hans Jacobsen born 22 December 1853 at Stestrup,
Kirke
Eskilstrup Sogn, Holbæk Amt.

should be listed until age 40 in 1893 if he lived

conscript rolls kept at Rigsarkiv Copenhagen
http://www.sa.dk/

the areas equal to parishes are called lægd

Titel: Lægdsruller efter ca. 1861
Indhold: Lægdsruller efter ca. 1861. Om lægdsrullefolderne.. Hvad er lægdsruller? - hvad kan de bruges til?. Hvad er et
lægd?. Hvem stod i rullerne?. Hvornår blev man optaget i rullen?. Hvordan blev lægdsrullerne ført?. Hvordan bestiller man
lægdsruller?. Hvilke oplysninger giver lægdsrullerne?. Tilgængelighed.
Link: http://www.sa.dk/ra/salgservice/foldere/laegd2.htm

Frem til 1862 var konfirmationen kriteriet for optagelse i lægdsrullen
so have you Hans Jacobsen confirmation circa 1867

useful http://www.sa.dk/ra/salgservice/foldere/laegdfor.htm

hvervede is that mercenary anybody ? or regular ie permanent ?

is this reliable http://www.nick-dorrell.co.uk/gnw.htm

although written for wargamers ?????

http://www.nick-dorrell.co.uk/norway.html

more stuff
I hope you can read Danish

http://home19.inet.tele.dk/strejf/a3/militaerhistorie.htm

but one case I found an adopted child born in secrecy in Copenhagen
gave his employer as father

Oh dear

Hugh W