Problem running java app on Netware (Isn't~
Fra : Mads Kristensen

Dato : 11-03-01 13:47

I recently programmed a little Java application for mailing logfiles
from
servers to system administrators, so they can keep track of multiple
servers from one place.
This application uses the JavaMail classes from Sun.
The program works fine under Linux and on Windows NT servers, but when I
run
it on a Novell Netware server I get this error message:

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: No provider for Address type: RFC822

The server has IP bound to one of it's NIC's and it can ping the SMTP
server, so that's not the problem.

Does anybody know what is wrong with the application?

My Novell test-server is running JDK 1.2.2 on a Netware 5.0 SP6a server.

Please mail answers to mk@potte.dk

Thanks in advance!
Mads Kristensen

Fra : Jon Skeet

Dato : 11-03-01 14:48

[Posted and emailed]

Mads Kristensen <mk@potte.dk> wrote:
> I recently programmed a little Java application for mailing logfiles
> from servers to system administrators, so they can keep track of multiple
> servers from one place.
> This application uses the JavaMail classes from Sun.
> The program works fine under Linux and on Windows NT servers, but when I
> run it on a Novell Netware server I get this error message:
>
> javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: No provider for Address type: RFC822
>
> Does anybody know what is wrong with the application?

I *think* this is usually due to not having activation.jar in the
classpath, and available to the same classloader as the one which loads
mail.jar.

See also http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=122151

> Please mail answers to mk@potte.dk

Please read where you post in future - Usenet isn't a write-only forum.

--
Jon Skeet - skeet@pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet