TTTs detaljeringsgrad (spoilers)
Fra : Iggy Pop

Dato : 10-01-03 19:32

Ansporet af debatten om TTTs kvaliteter vil jeg lige for sjovt underbygge en
af mine pointer om filmens utrolige detaljeringsgrad, som er helt unik i
dagens filmlandskab. Her er en liste kompileret fra flere steder på nettet
(beklager det engelske sprog - men det skulle gå hurtigt). I kan sige hvad I
vil - det er en unik og fantastisk film ...

- Gandalf on Durin's Tower gets Glamdring "charged-up" by a lightning bolt
before plunging it into the Balrog's heart
- Galadriel gets a lot of mileage out of that "I amar, prester aen" bit, and
Saruman picks up on this, and repeats it in the Common Tongue when he uses
the palantir
- Aragorn's telling Hama's son that he has a "good sword," even though in
the previous scene, Aragorn had thrown that same sword back on the pile in
disgust
- Another neat detail is the way language is used. Both Arwen and Aragorn
(in different scenes) switch from Sindarin to Westron when they declare
their allegiance to the world of men. Very neat (even if in Aragorn's case
it means he is shouting something desperate in front of all the Rohirrim,
right after Legolas has switched to Sindarin, presumably to keep them from
hearing how desperate he is).
- The Uffington white horse on some of the Rohirrim banners!!
- Treebeard has seven toes.
- Simbelmyne - the "evermind" flower.
- Brego the Wonderhorse bringing Aragorn back to his senses. Most enjoyably
disrespectful
- PJ also did a incredible job in capturing the Taming of Smeagol scene,
especially in recreating the Alan Lee painting of Frodo holding Sting to
Gollum's neck and Gollum strangling Sam.
- The Grima/Eowyn scene at Theodred's deathbed, while not in the book, had
the lines from the book.
- Lots more references to "Hope" here, and just about every time, we see
Aragorn immediately afterwards. But, they still haven't explained the Estel
connection to the book-uninitiates!
- Little thing I liked: Aragorn not wearing shoes in the flashback scene in
Rivendell.
- I also enjoyed Hammerhands statue at Helms Deep
- Can't get enough of the Rohirrim charge. One of the biggest
"chill-moments" of the entire movie. I'm so glad they had Eomer shout
"Rohirrim!" too, it sounded awesome.
- Probably my favorite "small thing" was Theoden reciting the poem of Eorl
the Young.
- Gollum mutters the rhyme right after Frodo begins his "Who are you?"
conversation in the Dead Marshes. The first and last lines are both shifted
and adapted from the barrow wight's incantation, and I think this is a
wonderful little nod to the lost Bombadil chapters. The middle lines provide
Gollum's chilling little preview of what "lies ahead" for the hobbits. I
love it -- this little poem is just another example of beautiful script
writing.
- The architecture in the background of Aragorn's tomb scene.
- All of the amazing details in and outside Meduseld (knotwork, horse
motifs, etc.).
- Frodo's bloodshot eyes as he awakens to kind coneys on his lap.
- The spearpoint sticking out of Grishnakh's shoulder as he is chasing the
hobbits in Fangorn.
- At the Black Gate, Smeagol petting Frodo's cloak.
- PJ's cameo as a Rohirrim!
- PJ's second cameo as a Dunlander!
- PJ's kids in the Glittering Caves of Aglarond.
- The glittering in the Glittering Caves of Aglarond
- Treebeard rumbles "burarum" right after he calls Merry and Pippin "little
orcs". So glad to hear any Entish words from Treebeard!
- When the elves charge at the Uruk-hai forces as they break through the
wall - the elven armor glitters golden. That beauty in contrast to the
hideousness of their enemy made me catch my breath.
- That little, almost imperceptible click of the heels that Hama gives when
he tells Gandalf he is doing this 'by order of Grima Wormtongue' - so very
soldierly, it shows that he doesn't want to be doing this, but because he is
a man of his king he is forced to.
- When the evles enter Helm's deep - one of the human soldiers they walk by
is just smiling and smiling, and you can see how his heart is lifted, not
just by the arrival of reinforcements, but by the wonder and beauty of the
elves.
- The way Aragorn and Legolas switched back and forth from Elvish so
casually.
- "Rohirrim!" and "Forth Eorlingas!"
- Okay, any of the armor. I spent way too much of the movie drooling over
armor - Elf, Rohirrim, Haradrim, Easterling... yum! I swear, one of my X
chromosomes must be faulty.
- The Easterlings - not just their gorgeous armor, but the kohl around their
eyes - such a great touch!
- The rangers of Ithilian wearing cloth masks over their faces - yay for
attention to detail!
- When Grima was touching Eowyn's cheek in the chamber, there was just a
slightest trail of drool dribbling down his chin... Eewwww...!!
- Freckles on the shoulders and backs of Gollum, showing his exposure to the
elements.
- Love the references from the Appendix: Theoden saying "Let the horn of
Helm Hammerhand sound one last time!" and the white simbelmyne on the graves
of Theoden's kin.
- The similar fish braiding in Haldir and Legolas' hair...(yes, only a
female would notice that)
- At the Black Gates, when Gollum/Smeagol mentions a "secret way" he
mentions some "stairs".
- I was caught up with the "Forth Eorlingas" score on last viewing, I never
noticed Theoden actually yells it before their charge out of the keep!
- The predawn lighting in each of the three storylines; Treebeard's
realization of Saruman's treachery, Frodo and Sam's arrival in Osgiliath,
and Theoden's charge out of Helm's Deep. It really does feel like the night
has come and gone!
- Shadowfax's arrival scene. How many takes did they have to shoot to have
Shadowfax crest the ridge, gallop in that wide arc, and step up to Gandalf?
WOW
- Gollum struggling with the rope and complaining that Elves twisted it.Nice
touch.
- Eomer calling the two horses over to give to Aragorn (I love the way the
horses are portrayed in this movie, highly intelligent and hugely important
to the Rohan people and culture)
- Love Gimli throwing his axe at Gandalf during the White Wizard scene in
Fangorn.
- When Legolas expresses his despair to Aragorn before the battle of Helm's
Deep, he becomes so overwrought that his eyes turn momentarily brown.

- I think I have finally found the Rider of Rohan wearing sunglasses. Who is
that behind those Foster Grants? It's Erkenbrand!
- The bodies of Gondorian royalty turn into calcium carbonate after they
die.
- Aragorn's crown does not have wings on it as such, just a series of
triangular decorations.
- Elrond and Aragorn's exchange ("She stays for you, you fatuous mortal
twit!") seems to take place at Gilraen's memorial- the music and decor are
the same.
- The white tree and seven stars on Farimir's breastplate. A very nice touch
I thought.
- Hasn't anyone noticed the rocks bouncing harmlessly off Orthanc itself?
- Speaking of pouches, Gollum's little (and I do mean little) loincloth has
a tiny pouch on the string on his right hip. It's a really small pouch, not
good for much (except for a ring!).
- Right at the beginning, during one of those pans around the mountains, on
the right side of the screen there is a small frozen lake between the feet
of the mountains. Considering where the Bridge of Khazad-dum is (you can
determine this from where the camera goes "into" the Mountain) the lake must
be Mirrormere in Dimrill Dale.
- In the books Helm Hammerhand had two sons: Hama and Haleth.So the fact
that the film Hama has called his son haleth is really a nice touch
- I also tried to watch eye colors at my last viewing after reading the
observations on Gollum's eyes going from blue to greenish as his two sides
surfaced. At Osgiliath Frodo's eyes changed in size and color when he was
under the influence of the Nazgul

- At Helm's Deep: Return of the Moth! Its one of the early scenes and you
can see it flutter by the walls

Fra : C. H. Engelbrecht

Dato : 10-01-03 21:46

Spørgsmål: Hvad er Sindarin og hvad er Westron, hvem taler hvad?

I øvrigt fed samling du der har lavet!

> - Probably my favorite "small thing" was Theoden reciting the poem of Eorl
> the Young.

"Where is the horse and the rider..." Hvem skulle have troet at Tolkiens
smæderi kunne blive udført SÅ cool!

> - PJ's cameo as a Rohirrim!
> - PJ's second cameo as a Dunlander!

His WHAT???

> - The Easterlings - not just their gorgeous armor, but the kohl around
their
> eyes - such a great touch!

Ok, hvem er det igen?

> - Shadowfax's arrival scene. How many takes did they have to shoot to have
> Shadowfax crest the ridge, gallop in that wide arc, and step up to
Gandalf?
> WOW

Tænkte selv over denne, i øvrigt har jeg aldrig før direkte kunne høre
østrogen koge som ved denne scene

> - When Legolas expresses his despair to Aragorn before the battle of
Helm's
> Deep, he becomes so overwrought that his eyes turn momentarily brown.

Jf. nedenstående tråd.

Fra : Rasmus Toft Lauridse~

Dato : 11-01-03 00:10

C. H. Engelbrecht wrote:
> Spørgsmål: Hvad er Sindarin og hvad er Westron, hvem taler hvad?

Sindarin er et af elvernes sprog. Det de taler i filmen når de taler
underligt.
http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/s/sindarin.html

Westron bliver også kaldet common speek det der i filmen må svare til
engelsk
http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/w/westron.html

Har du spørgsmål om Middle earth er The encyclopedia of ARDA perfekt.
Faldt selv over den fordi at jeg er ved at lave en lille opgave hvor jeg
havde brug for en masse facts om bøgerne og universet
http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/

>>- PJ's cameo as a Rohirrim!
>>- PJ's second cameo as a Dunlander!
>

> His WHAT???

Han cameo det er når instruktøren eller en anden ikke skuespiller
fra filmen får en lille bitte rolle i filmen

>>- The Easterlings - not just their gorgeous armor, but the kohl around
>
> their
>
>>eyes - such a great touch!
>

> Ok, hvem er det igen?

Det er de der fyre der marcherer ind gennem the Black gates of Mordor.
Dem som faramirs folk laver et baghold på

--
Rasmus Lauridsen
debianforum.dk - Et forum for Debian brugere

Fra : C. H. Engelbrecht

Dato : 11-01-03 00:36

> > Spørgsmål: Hvad er Sindarin og hvad er Westron, hvem taler hvad?
> Sindarin er et af elvernes sprog. Det de taler i filmen når de taler
> underligt.
> Westron bliver også kaldet common speek det der i filmen må svare til
> engelsk

Ok, Sindarin bliver talt af elvere, men hvad hulen er så Quenya (har jeg
hørt også skulle blive talt af elvere.) og hvad tales af hvem?
Westron må tilskrives vesterlændingene, andet navn for numenorianerne,
Aragorns folk, så meget havde jeg fanget.
I øvrigt tak for links.

> >>- PJ's cameo as a Rohirrim!
> >>- PJ's second cameo as a Dunlander!
> > His WHAT???
> Han cameo det er når instruktøren eller en anden ikke skuespiller
> fra filmen får en lille bitte rolle i filmen

Nå, det hedder en cameo...PJ havde også en sådan i FOTR (en
gulerodsgnaskende bums i Bree).
Hvad er en Dunlander og kan nogen beskrive situationerne hvor man skal holde
øje med PJ?

> >>- The Easterlings
> > Ok, hvem er det igen?
> Det er de der fyre der marcherer ind gennem the Black gates of Mordor.
> Dem som faramirs folk laver et baghold på

Dvs. Saddam og hans gutter...
(Ok, man skal ikke drage paralleller!)

Fra : Emil Rune

Dato : 11-01-03 10:44

"C. H. Engelbrecht" <chrisengeldk@dkik.dk> skrev i en meddelelse
> > > Spørgsmål: Hvad er Sindarin og hvad er Westron, hvem taler hvad?
> > Sindarin er et af elvernes sprog. Det de taler i filmen når de taler
> > underligt.
> > Westron bliver også kaldet common speek det der i filmen må svare til
> > engelsk
>
> Ok, Sindarin bliver talt af elvere, men hvad hulen er så Quenya (har jeg
> hørt også skulle blive talt af elvere.) og hvad tales af hvem?
> Westron må tilskrives vesterlændingene, andet navn for numenorianerne,
> Aragorns folk, så meget havde jeg fanget.
> I øvrigt tak for links.

Quenya er en form for "old-elvisk" og kan sammenlignes med vores latin. Det
er hovedsageligt et skriftsprog, men blev talt af Noldor elverne (højelvere,
bl.a. Galadriel tilhører denne slægt) tilbage i First og Second Age.

> > > Ok, hvem er det igen?
> > Det er de der fyre der marcherer ind gennem the Black gates of Mordor.
> > Dem som faramirs folk laver et baghold på
>
> Dvs. Saddam og hans gutter...
> (Ok, man skal ikke drage paralleller!)

Nej, det ville være meget uklogt at kæde nutidige hændelser sammen med
filmen(e) (og Tolkien selv ville også have misbilliget det ;)

Med venlig hilsen
Emil

Fra : Kasper Aae

Dato : 12-01-03 14:15

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:10:14 +0100, Rasmus Toft Lauridsen
<zaph@debianforum.dk> wrote:

>Han cameo det er når instruktøren eller en anden ikke skuespiller
>fra filmen får en lille bitte rolle i filmen

Det bliver også brugt, når en kendt skuespiller har en meget lille
rolle i en film.

--
Kasper Aae