Hjælp til australier - Guldberg/København ~
Fra : Jakob Hoffmann

Dato : 09-01-03 17:24

Hej.

Har nogen lyst til at hjælpe en dame fra Australien? Kender du noget til
denne familie, ville hun helt sikkert meget gerne høre fra dig...

Mvh Jakob

Caroline Hansen married Frantz Otto Guldberg at St. Trinitatis,Copenhagen on
the 11th March, 1858. Caroline was born 28 December, 1831, Vester-Marie,
Bornholm, Denmark.

Her parents were Hans Hansen Bjerrgaard & Karen Kirstine Mickelsen or
Michelson.

My paternal grandfather was born in Copenhagen, 17 January, 1862 and came to
Melbourne, Australia when he was 21, as a seaman, I was told on a merchant
ship belonging to Holdensen and Neilsen.

My grandfather was Frederick Carl Christian Guldberg, and he had a sister
Francesca Olivia Wilhelmina born 20 December, 1857. As you can see Francesca
was born before her parents were married and I haven't been able to find any
other children
for Frantz and Caroline if of course there were any more children.

Grandpa could speak German as well as Danish and English and his writing was
very well-formed, so I gathered from that, that he was certainly not
illiterate. I was only 6 years old when he died but I can remember him. He
was 6 feet 5 inches
tall, very big, and my grandmother was only 4 feet 11 inches. Everybody used
to laugh at them.
They had twelve children, my father being the seventh son. There were 9 boys
and 3 girls,but sadly two of the boys and one baby girl died almost as soon
as they were born.

Hans Hansen Bjerregard and Karen Kirstin Mickelsen were married 19 August,
1814 at Vester-Marie, Bornholm, Denmark. As well as Caroline, Hans and Karen
had 4 other children: Margrethe Hansen born 3rd February, 1816, Christian
Hansen born 18 February, 1821, Jorgen born 17 April, 1824, Jens Koefod, 29
January, 1826, and then Caroline.

I have visited Demark twice and in a Census which if I remember was taken in
1889 I found two men named Frantz Guldberg, one was a doctor at the Commune
Hospital in Copenhagen, and the other was an F. Guldberg, a book-seller in
Ballerup.I have studied German but not Danish so I wasn't able to do any
more research at the Archives in Copenhagen, which was very crowded with, at
that time, only one lady who could speak English.

I was told wherever I went in Copenhagen that the name Guldberg was very
famous there but didn't know what to do next.

I was able to get a marriage certificate for Frantz and Caroline which
showed the address where they were living when they were married. It was
Borgergade 103. I went to the address but their house had been pulled down
and an electricity sub-station was built there. Very frustrating. The
witnesses to the wedding was Arbeidsmand (workman?) S. Jensen, and Hoker
R. Hansen of Borgade 8. I guessed that R. Hansen was Caroline's relation.
Frantz Otto's occupation was given as Malersvend, which again from my German
I think this may mean a painter and decorator?

I would love to find the name of Frantz Otto's parents.

His mother may have been named Wilhelmina, which they gave to Francesca, but
that is all I know about the Guldberg family. If you could help me I would
be very grateful.

I am at present writing our family history, and as my maiden name was
Guldberg or Goldberg, as Grandpa called himself when he came, because people
here could not pronounce Guldberg properly. If there is any cost let me know
what I should send.

Yours in happy anticipation,

Evelyn Weir, 32 Areca Drive, Scarness, Hervey Bay, 4655, Queensland,
Australia.
evelynw@optusnet.com.au

Fra : Hanne Bjørn

Dato : 11-01-03 07:48

Mon ikke det er denne Guldberg familie:

København, København (Staden), Sankt Annæ Øster Kvarter, , , Kongens Nytorv
206, 12, FT-1845
Der vises flg. felter:
Navn, Alder, Civilstand, Stilling i husstanden, Erhverv , Fødested

Carl Fr.Guldberg, 48, Gift, , Cigar og Tobaksfabrieq, Kjøbenhavn
Lovise Mgr.!! Guldberg født Møller, 38, Gift, , hans Kone, Nakskov i Lolland
Johan Alfred Guldberg, 10, , , Barn, Gøtheborg
Frans Otto, 12, , , Barn, Gøtheborg
Carl Anton, 2, , , Barn, Kjøbenhavn
Wilhelm Julius, 1/4, , , Barn, Kjøbenhavn

Hanne

Jakob Hoffmann <alijakob@yahoo.co.uk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:3e1da23d$0$11080$edfadb0f@dread12.news.tele.dk...

Fra : Jakob Hoffmann

Dato : 12-01-03 08:47

Australien siger mange mange mange tak for hjælpen. Dette var den korrekte
person, som Hanne havde fundet i 1845, og Evelyn er gennem dette blevet
kontaktet af en fra Norge som også kender til familien.

Mvh Jakob

Svar fra Evelyn (jeg skal nok forklare hende at kone er en stilling, ikke et
sted..
"Well, you have really made me a very happy researcher. I have received an
e-mail
from Claus Bech who lives in Norway although he was born in Copenhagen.
He has found my Frantz Otto, complete with three brothers, and his parents,
Carl
Frederick Guldberg and Louise Frederike Margrete Moller.
No wonder I couldn't find Frantz, because he was born in Gotheborge, Sweden
along with his brother Johan Alfred. The family were living there when
Frantz and his
brother Johan Alfred were born. The next two boys, Carl Anton and Wilhelm
Julius
were born back in Copenhagen, where their father was born. Their mother
Louise
was born at Kone, Nakskov, Lolland.
I have had the marriage of Carl and Louise in my Guldberg list for a long
time because
of the name Carl, never dreaming that they belonged to me, but always
hoping.
In the 1845 Census they were living at Kongens Nytorv, the very place where
Frantz
and Caroline were living when they were married. Perhaps Frantz, as the
eldest son
inherited the house.
However I will still send for a later Census for this area, and also the
Census for
Gotheborg, for verification.
My mother's people the MacSweens were from the Isle of Skye, Invernesshire,
Scotland, though originally back in the 900's they lived in Denmark. They
came to
Scotland with other Vikings. I'm sure that having Viking blood in my veins
must bring
me luck and good Danish friends.
Many thanks for your help. I will let you know what I find. I can now go
ahead joyfully
writing my Family History.
Regards,