"My Computer" - slow
Fra : HSC

Dato : 10-12-02 08:31

After taking out my DVD burner, using it in another computer, then
reinserting it. My computer suddenly behaves strangely. The DVD drive has
been inserted exactly the same place, same cables etc.
Windows starts up automatically, but the Norton Antivirus icon (lower right)
does not display before after af few minutes. But the worst thing is, when
opening "my Computer" nothing is there - no harddrives etc. just the
flashlight (searching).
This goes on for about 10 minutes, then all drives display normally - they
just don't display in the same manner as the use to.

It's this 10 minutes waiting before being able to view the content of "my
Computer" that bothers me.

I tried uninstalling Norton Antivirus - this doesn't change anything. - What
is there to do ?