Söderholm
Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 11-11-02 04:12

Can anybody help with more about these people and places ?

Hugh W

e.sinker@btinternet.com,Internet writes:

Adolf Lennard SADERHOLM -

I was born in Rimitu near Abo Finnland in the year of 1881 May the

15 at 4 o'clock am. My childhood days were not so happy because

my father died when I was only 3 years old and my oldest brother

then 23 years old took charge at home, as my mother was left with

three minor children.

I left home at the age of sixteen and went to sea. Sailed on first

Finnish, then German, Italian and last on Norwegian ships, in many

countries and many seas. I entered the United States in the year of

1900 became a citizen in 1905, in the court of common pleas, Mon-

mouth County, New Jersey, Sept 25. On October 6th 1906, I

married Mary Lydia PUSKA, the mother of my two sons. And in

the 1918 epidemic of influenza she died on Oct 21.

My father was born in Pargas near Abo turku, Finnland and had an

agricultural degree of schooling. He went to take charge of a very

large estate for a noble Lady by the name of STARK. He married

my mother when she was 18 years of age and my father was 42.

My mother's name was Frederica, she and her twin sister

?Gurturia? were the adopted daughters by their noble ????? (Stark).

At her death she had willed a little piece of property, about 10 acrea,

where we six children were born.

My father died when I was 3 years old, so I do not remember much

about him and my mother died 15 years ago at my sister's home. The

only living sister is Bertha besides myself. She is near 72 years of age.

My grandfather, from my father's side, also was born in Pargas. He

was a mason by trade and had 2 sons. But my great-grandfather

was a soldier and had fought many battles against the Russians. At

that time Finnland was a part of Sweden and he there was fighting

in the Swede's army under Gustav Vasa.

_____ It ended here but a note was added:

This so called noble Lady of all the property she owned thousands of

acres, she was so noble after my father had worked for her about 50

years that she willed to my father 10 acres and she only had one sister.

This sister had one daughter who got all this wealth. The Lady Stark

never married.

Cheers, Ed Sinker in Herefordshire, UK