Ane forskning i England
Fra : Ewan Pedersen

Dato : 08-11-02 20:59

Hej NG

Er der nogen der ved.
Hvor finder jeg news grup, genealogi fra England jeg har sat og bladret
grupperne igennem men kan ikke finde den.

mvh/Ewan

Fra : J.Kobel

Dato : 08-11-02 22:46

Ewan Pedersen <etp@pedersen.tdcadsl.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:3dcc176d$0$50021$edfadb0f@dread13.news.tele.dk...
> Hej NG
>
> Er der nogen der ved.
> Hvor finder jeg news grup, genealogi fra England jeg har sat og bladret
> grupperne igennem men kan ikke finde den.
>
> mvh/Ewan

Prøv på soc.genealogy.britain der er 7300 meddelelser

Fra : senta

Dato : 09-11-02 00:32

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/soc/soc.genealogy.britain.html

http://www.kandu.dk/

Fra : Hugh Watkins

Dato : 09-11-02 06:04

"Ewan Pedersen" <etp@pedersen.tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:3dcc176d$0$50021$edfadb0f@dread13.news.tele.dk...
> Hej NG
>
> Er der nogen der ved.
> Hvor finder jeg news grup, genealogi fra England jeg har sat og bladret
> grupperne igennem men kan ikke finde den.

there are three I know of but http://groups.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient&q=genealogy+england

busiest

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=soc.genealogy.britain

which I read everyday

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=england.genealogy.misc

shows the FAQ by Barry Ruck

http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/old/people/brian.randell/home.informal/Genealogy/genuki/faq.html

search GENUKI or basic information on parish structure and changes

counties too

http://www.genuki.org.uk/
see also
http://www.genuki.org.uk/org/

GENUKI: The UK & Ireland Genealogical Information Service
Guidance for First-Time Users of These Pages

professionals
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=genealogy+fee+uk

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=genealogy+free+uk&btnG=Google+Search

very important site about 40% complete 1837 to 1901
FreeBMD Home Page
.... Welcome to FreeBMD. FreeBMD stands for Free Births, Marriages, and Deaths.
The FreeBMD Project's objective is to provide free Internet ...
Category: Regional > Europe > ... > Society and Culture > Genealogy
freebmd.rootsweb.com/ - 5k - 7 Nov 2002

http://groups.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=genealogy+free+uk&sa=N&tab=wg

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=free.uk.genealogy

is a server creatd by people dissatisfied with uk. usenet admin

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=alt.genealogy
mostly USA but some UK

pay to view http://www.englishorigins.com/

partly free and partly pay http://www.ancestry.co.uk/

is going to have all UK censuses on line up to 1891

ie except 1901 which is here http://www.census.pro.gov.uk/

a bit tricky so do not hesitate ask for help in news:soc.genealogy.britain

which can be a bit sarcastic over dumb questions - - - just ignore trolls.

more http://groups.google.com/groups?q=1881+UK+census&num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&scoring=d

Re: Familysearch.org swamped again after 1880/1881 Census data ...
On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:43:11 -0000 ... about the original census schedule being filled ... that
for the UK there was another ... looked at one 1881 census record for ...
alt.genealogy - 6 Nov 2002 by Gordon Johnson

which is what I was searching for http://www.familysearch.org/

US 1880, British and Canadian 1881 Censuses are now available
online

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=census/search_census.asp

saves buying 1881 CDs for small users

heavy users put them on their hard disk http://www.family-tree.co.uk/why-walk.htm

13Gbytes of free hard disk space for the 1881 Index and a further 3 Gbytes for the UK Vital Records. (version II but incomplete)

http://www.ancestry.com is mostly USA but if I had a lot to do over there I would certainly subscribe.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=1881+UK+census

the CD set transformed UK Genealogy

more

http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/Society_and_Culture/Genealogy/Products_and_Services/?il=1

nd http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/Society_and_Culture/Genealogy/

read

UK Family History Online - http://www.familyrecords.gov.uk/
Links to public records, registers, plus news, events, and advice.

better stop here

enjoy

don't be afraid of writng bad english we are very tolerant

Hugh W

HELP
>> a guide entitled 'Birth and Death Certificates - England and Wales 1837 to 1969'. This is an invaluable reference for family
historians trying to trace their English and Welsh ancestors. The publication is illustrated with sample certificates. <<

read this web site caefully http://home.clara.net/dixons/Certificates/indexbd.htm

good FAQ

Fra : Ewan Pedersen

Dato : 13-11-02 22:36

Hej GR

Tak for henvendelserne jeg prøver at kikke på det.

mvh/Ewan
"Hugh Watkins" <hugh_watkins@net.dialog.dk> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Ewan Pedersen" <etp@pedersen.tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message
> > Hej NG
> >
> > Er der nogen der ved.
> > Hvor finder jeg news grup, genealogi fra England jeg har sat og bladret
> > grupperne igennem men kan ikke finde den.
>

> there are three I know of but
http://groups.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient&q=genealogy+england

> busiest

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=soc.geneal
ogy.britain

> which I read everyday

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&group=england.ge
nealogy.misc

> shows the FAQ by Barry Ruck

http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/old/people/brian.randell/home.informal/Genealogy/gen
uki/faq.html

> search GENUKI or basic information on parish structure and changes
>
> counties too
>
> http://www.genuki.org.uk/
> see also
> http://www.genuki.org.uk/org/
>
> GENUKI: The UK & Ireland Genealogical Information Service
> Guidance for First-Time Users of These Pages
>
> professionals
> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=genealogy+fee+uk

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=gene
alogy+free+uk&btnG=Google+Search

> very important site about 40% complete 1837 to 1901
> FreeBMD Home Page
> ... Welcome to FreeBMD. FreeBMD stands for Free Births, Marriages, and
Deaths.
> The FreeBMD Project's objective is to provide free Internet ...
providing free Internet access to the...