Software Abrubtly Exiting on Windows 2000
Fra : Steve Carey

Dato : 28-02-01 05:11

Curious if anyone has seen or knows a fix to VB apps abruptly exiting under
windows 2000 - this is not a real *crash* but the software I am testing
(written in VB 6) just exits sometimes after random things are clicked (Not
Consistent..)

Any Help is Great as I am stuck!!

Kind Regards,
Daniel Levy

Fra : John Kennedy

Dato : 28-02-01 10:29

Weird things like this often happen when you try to run a VB program on an
Operating System other than that used to compile the program.

If you haven't already, try compiling the program on Windows 2000.

I have experienced this going between Win3.11 - Win95, then Win95 - WinNT
etc.

If you have already tried this, try to work out if it is when a particular
function or control is referenced.

HTH

JohnK

Fra : David Barker

Dato : 06-03-01 09:45

Try downloading VB6 service pack 4 from microsoft website. It helped me when
going from WinNT4 to Win2000 customer machine.

David.

Fra : Tomas Christiansen

Dato : 06-03-01 22:47

David Barker wrote:
> Try downloading VB6 service pack 4 from microsoft website.

There is a SP5 available now!

-------
Tomas