excell program on web page
Fra : John White

Dato : 23-02-01 00:08

I have created an excel program and would like to place it on a web page,
whereas the visitor can enter his own data and receive his own results.
Similar to a mortgage calculator on some of the mortgage company's web
sites. Can this be done using front page express or navigator composer or
do I need a more sophisticated program?

Would like any sugestions on where or how to get started.

Thanks,
John White

Fra : Andreas Paasch

Dato : 23-02-01 15:53

John,

if you create that calculation program in excel, in order for user to use it
from the web directly, the user must have Excel installed. So you limit the
use of that excel-workbook to excel users.
If you want it to be available to all users that visit ur website, you could
go and use either javascript or ASP as those allow calculations based on
user input.

If you decide to use javascript or ASP, there are NG's specifically for
those subjects where you can get a lot more help then here.

Regards,
Andreas Paasch