Tjek hestetraileren!!!
Fra : Liz

Dato : 06-07-02 09:57

Hej alle der bruger trailer............,
Fandt lige dette her gyser på en amerikansk NG. Det gi'r stof til
eftertanke, og sendt kuldegysninger igennem hele kroppen. Synes at I skulle
læse det også. Håber at I er god til engelsk!!

Subtitled:
Another One Bites the Pavement

Gang, I saw something worse than horrid today.
Actually, I saw the end result of something horrid today- a mare
being euthanized (aflivet) because she fell through the floor of the trailer
she was in. She was euthanized in the middle of a public parking
lot. I don't know when the drivers of the vehicle realized that
there was a problem, but the net effect was that they pulled into
the parking lot of the store I was headed to, and managed to get
the horse out. I have =no= idea how, as one of her hind (bagben) legs was
sheared off about 4 inches above her fetlock and the bone was
ground down, and the cannon was peeled, etc. and the remnant
foot/leg was hanging by a thin piece of flesh (amazingly.)
As I walked up she was kicking her last little kicks of life.

Trailer floors tend to rot out, or dry rot, at the edges where
they lie in the channel of steel at the trailer walls. This floor was
tongue and groove pine (a big no-no both using pine and
especially tongue and groove since it doesn't drain.)

Pulling up your mats isn't enough. You need to use something
to check the channel as well.

Another thing- this trailer was old. It didn't have any strap
going from front to back, to offer support for the floor, it only
had some thin strap going from side to side in two measly places.
This trailer was a two horse and in disrepair. However, I have a two
horse that had the same type floor and my husband said it had to
go. I am very lucky to be married to a man who checks those things
and repairs them. He has seen too many bad trailer-related things
and he's very careful, but unfortunately we both saw something
today that need not have happened. This was a =very= nice mare
and now she's gone.

PLEASE EVERYONE, CHECK YOUR FLOORS. And I don't
mean just pulling back the mats and taking a little look-see. I mean
really check your floors, especially in places where the floor is
in contact with any structural steel or channel and might hold moisture
and/or dirt and/or road salts, etc. Thank you.

As a post script, although the floor was in pieces, I didn't see
any mats either...

Sue

Fra : Holm

Dato : 06-07-02 15:23

Liz <lizb@worldonline.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:ueyV8.5775$I52.171556@news010.worldonline.dk...
> Hej alle der bruger trailer............,
> Fandt lige dette her gyser på en amerikansk NG. Det gi'r stof til
> eftertanke, og sendt kuldegysninger igennem hele kroppen. Synes at I
skulle
> læse det også. Håber at I er god til engelsk!!
>
> Subtitled:
> Another One Bites the Pavement
>
> Gang, I saw something worse than horrid today.
> Actually, I saw the end result of something horrid today- a mare
> being euthanized (aflivet) because she fell through the floor of the
trailer
> she was in. She was euthanized in the middle of a public parking
> lot. I don't know when the drivers of the vehicle realized that
> there was a problem, but the net effect was that they pulled into
> the parking lot of the store I was headed to, and managed to get
> the horse out. I have =no= idea how, as one of her hind (bagben) legs was
> sheared off about 4 inches above her fetlock and the bone was
> ground down, and the cannon was peeled, etc. and the remnant
> foot/leg was hanging by a thin piece of flesh (amazingly.)
> As I walked up she was kicking her last little kicks of life.
>
> Trailer floors tend to rot out, or dry rot, at the edges where
> they lie in the channel of steel at the trailer walls. This floor was
> tongue and groove pine (a big no-no both using pine and
> especially tongue and groove since it doesn't drain.)
>
> Pulling up your mats isn't enough. You need to use something
> to check the channel as well.
>
> Another thing- this trailer was old. It didn't have any strap
> going from front to back, to offer support for the floor, it only
> had some thin strap going from side to side in two measly places.
> This trailer was a two horse and in disrepair. However, I have a two
> horse that had the same type floor and my husband said it had to
> go. I am very lucky to be married to a man who checks those things
> and repairs them. He has seen too many bad trailer-related things
> and he's very careful, but unfortunately we both saw something
> today that need not have happened. This was a =very= nice mare
> and now she's gone.
>
> PLEASE EVERYONE, CHECK YOUR FLOORS. And I don't
> mean just pulling back the mats and taking a little look-see. I mean
> really check your floors, especially in places where the floor is
> in contact with any structural steel or channel and might hold moisture
> and/or dirt and/or road salts, etc. Thank you.
>
> As a post script, although the floor was in pieces, I didn't see
> any mats either...
>
> Sue

Det var da skrækkeligt !!
Husk også altid at chekke låne-trailere...
Virkelig uhyggelig indlæg.
Holm