HELP! Very stupid question
Fra : daniel.polanco

Dato : 10-03-02 02:56

I am sure this is very basic, but is there any way to create a page where
when scrolling down the background image does not change - I mean, the text
scrolls down but the background image doesnt? i've seen it somewhere but I
dont know how to do it.

thanks a lot for your help

Fra : Flemming Jensen

Dato : 10-03-02 07:12

"daniel.polanco" <daniel.polanco@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I am sure this is very basic, but is there any way to create a page where
> when scrolling down the background image does not change - I mean, the
text
> scrolls down but the background image doesnt? i've seen it somewhere but I
> dont know how to do it.
>
> thanks a lot for your help

watermark?

Fra : Lasse Reichstein Nie~

Dato : 10-03-02 07:21

"Flemming Jensen" <FJprivat@post.dk> writes:

> "daniel.polanco" <daniel.polanco@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > I am sure this is very basic, but is there any way to create a page where
> > when scrolling down the background image does not change - I mean, the
> text
> > scrolls down but the background image doesnt? i've seen it somewhere but I
> > dont know how to do it.
>
> watermark?

body {background-attachment: fixed;}
/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen - lrn@hotpop.com
'Faith without judgment merely degrades the spirit divine.'

Fra : Jonas Astrup - html.~

Dato : 11-03-02 02:24

daniel.polanco wrote in dk.edb.internet.webdesign.html:
> thanks a lot for your help

Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Here is an example. Please note that the
name of the background image in this example is "backgroundpicture.gif".

All the best,
Jonas

EXAMPLE:

<head>
<title>CSS fixed background</title>

body {
   background-color: #FFCC66;
   background-image: url("backgroundpicture.gif");
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-attachment: fixed;
}

</head>