Intel(R) PRO/100+PCI Adapter
Fra : Sonny S. Pedersen

Dato : 26-01-01 02:21

Anyone knows of problems with this card running at 10Mb/s

When double clickning on intel icon, network status is shown.

Link: Green light
Full duples: Green light

100Mbs not on (ok since it's only running at 10)

Activity ligth only flashing yellow occasionally.

Once i a while the IP address is not shown.

It seems to me that at times the network is down, and at times the
transmission rates are very low, which woud explain what I am seeing.

There are is a green light flashing irregularly on the PCI circuit
board, what does that signify?

Should the yellow activity light be on permanent when the network
integrity is ok?

On beforehands thanks for any help

Sonny

Fra : Asbjorn Hojmark

Dato : 26-01-01 07:25

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:20:59 +0100, "Sonny S. Pedersen"
<schmidtp@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> Anyone knows of problems with this card running at 10Mb/s

My PRO/100 runs happily at 10 Mbps and has done so for months.

> Once i a while the IP address is not shown.

I've only seen that when in fact I had no address.

> Should the yellow activity light be on permanent when the network
> integrity is ok?

No, it should blink only when in fact there is activity.

-A
--
Heroes: Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn, Leonard Kleinrock, Robert Metcalfe, Jon Postel
Links : http://www.hojmark.org/networking/

Fra : Kent Nielsen

Dato : 26-01-01 15:51

Sonny S. Pedersen <schmidtp@worldonline.dk> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:3A70D0FA.6FE30F5B@worldonline.dk...
> Anyone knows of problems with this card running at 10Mb/s
>
> When double clickning on intel icon, network status is shown.
>
> Link: Green light
> Full duples: Green light

Are you sure the device (Switch, other lan card?) connected to the lan card
supports Full Duplex? (If you are connected to a hub, you should only use
Half duplex)

/Kent

Fra : MBi

Dato : 02-02-01 09:11

don't run overclocked on intel Pro 100 NIC's ...

shoots down performance.

BR
MArtin