Shogo Mobil Armor Division
Fra : D.A.

Dato : 31-01-02 17:25

Hej gruppe!

Jeg har et lille problem, som jeg håber, der er nogen
her i gruppen, der kan hjælpe mig med.
Jeg kan ikke få spillet ( Shogo ) til at virke
på min Pentium 4, heller ikke på datterens Pentium 3,
men på sønnens Pentium 2 virker det fint.
Når jeg trykker "Launch" fryser computeren med
skærmbilledet med robotten, der fremkommer i starten.
Jeg ved godt, at det er gammelt spil fra "99", men en gang imellem
tar' jeg det frem for hyggens skyld, og vil da gerne også kunne spille
på min nyere comp.

Med venlig hilsen
D.A.

Fra : K E Nielsen

Dato : 31-01-02 17:03

Har du prøvet med nyeste patch (ver 2.2)?

Fra : Ukendt

Dato : 31-01-02 19:28

Nu ved jeg ikke hvilken grafikkort du har i maskinen derhjemme, men det har
været en del problemer med G-force og Shogo

Løsningen for folk med G-force er her

More on the Fix... - by Rob "Coonz" Stockho
Technical Support | 6:39
I just tested the fix on my GeForce 3 and it works! That's right we can all
play Shogo again! (hopefully all of us)

For a bit further on the info, and a bit easier to follow instructions...

First get into the registry (type regedit in the Run window)
Find the extension HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA_Corporation/NVTweak
(my geforce had this extension there already but if not you'll have to
create the NVTwaek key)
Once the Key is created (or verified) download the VSync.reg and save it to
your system somewhere.
Right click the file and choose Merge (select yes to the warning)
Now right click on the desktop and Choose Properties, Click on the Settings
tab. Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the window and click the tab
that says Geforce 3 or Geforce (should be the upper left most tab). At the
bottom of this window select Additional Properties and then select Direct3D
Settings.
Under the Direct3D Setting select the More Direct3D at the bottom, we have
reached the window we want! (finally huh?)
Now there will be a drop down menu that is labeled Vertical Sync Mode
(VSync), change the drop down menu to Always off
Hit OK at the very bottom and ok out of every other menu.
Now play some Shogo
Well, you can leave this setup as is and it may actually increase
performance in some games. If not, simply change the setting for Vertical
Sync in the Display Properties of your desktop.

Please post up issues you have with this fix and if it works please post up
your card if it hasn't been posted already! POST UP!

GeForce Fix! - by Rob "Coonz" Stockho
Technical Support | 1:39
Lookin' around, I found a possible Geforce fix for Shogo (the no menus or
videos issue). This may not work on the GeForce 3 but I will confirm this
when I get home (I'm at work).

Ok... to start there's a part in the Geforce technology called VSync which
is the main problem causing the errors...mainly in newer driver versions
which is why the old drivers seem to work fine.

Hit this link and download the VSYNC.REG, or get it here. (I'll put it on
PlanetShogo's HTTP server when I get off work)

Here's what you need to do.

To enable an option to disable VSYNC with the new Nvidia reference drivers
you need to add a keyword to the registry as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak

This also enables an internal overclocking utility, to be used with caution
of course.

Here is a .reg file so that you only need to right click the file and select
Merge to add the keyword.

The Possible downsides... BlueJay from the Shogo-MAD.com forums said this
from his experience with the fix...

The only down-side I am aware of is that in some games you may have screen
artifacts or garbled graphics due to disabling the VSync.

In most games you will either see an increase in frame-rates or nothing at
all.

Good Luck! -Thanks goes out to BlueJay for findin' this info out! Post up
your Comments and Results here!